***Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers (05/19/21 @ 7:00PM PST) Play-In Game #1***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
God it was thriller tonight, I couldn’t breathe in the 4th

It’s weird but since this team is the most clutch team I have ever seen in sports, I’m never nervous. Down 10 to start the game? They’ll win. Down 13 at half? They’ll win. Coming down to the last shot in the end? They’ll make it. They always do as little or as much as needed to get the win. They’re so good that it seriously feels like they’re point shaving when they aren’t up 20-30. I don’t expect them to lose a game this postseason.

lol....im the opposite.....can you also tell me when bitcoin, etherium and doge will bounce back before I panic and sell?

Kind of. I was ready to take a break from them because I was expecting a crash but I didn’t jump out. I stayed in through the crash.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
God it was thriller tonight, I couldn’t breathe in the 4th

It’s weird but since this team is the most clutch team I have ever seen in sports, I’m never nervous. Down 10 to start the game? They’ll win. Down 13 at half? They’ll win. Coming down to the last shot in the end? They’ll make it. They always do as little or as much as needed to get the win. They’re so good that it seriously feels like they’re point shaving when they aren’t up 20-30. I don’t expect them to lose a game this postseason.

I think the 3peat teams had way more giant comebacks than this team. We're still cool under pressure, but from about 2000-04, let's say, we had more big comeback games from 15-30 than anyone else has since. We became switch-flipping lazy, which was partly to do w/ giving us so much practice. But EG Kobe hit that GW at MEM in 03 after a 20 pt 4th Qtr comeback. We had that 27 pt one vs DAL. The 15 pt one vs POR in the playoffs. The 24 pt playoff one vs SAC. I could go on n on w/ sub 20 pt comebacks. I did a recap from 02 vs MIL where we were down by 15 and won by about 25. There was a 52-13 run at SEA in 99/00 where we came back from 18 in about 7 mins and didn't stop til we were up by 18. Huge swells like that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

We got away with one. We won on a LeBron Hail Mary.

The Lakers started slow and had to scratch to win. Players like Green, Wiggins, and Poole, who many here disregarded as a threat, showed up. It's common knowledge when Steph gets hot he can't be stopped half court in. He was Vesuvius hot lat night. His finishing at the rim is underrated.

CP3 is playing like an MVP. Booker is definitely an all star guard. If we get off slow as we did against the Dubs we will have to scratch to eke out a win.

I'll say the same thing I did about the Dubs, start fast, come out smoking and keep the doobie lit. This will not be a cakewalk.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

We stole the game, I'll take it but we took it from the Warriors. This team lacks something mentality wise and that needs to be addressed.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

We're very fortunate the Warriors didn't have Klay or Wiseman.

The Suns will have Cp3, Booker and Ayton. We can't afford to play like this against them.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
By the way this thread was absolutely stupid at halftime everybody in here had given up how do you call yourselves fans

Polar, do you not come into the IN GAME threads more than once in awhile? You are seeing raw, in the moment, reactions from most.

Your statement "everybody" is also flatly incorrect and a misrepresentation. You're saying Treb quit? Do you even know TrebleClef? I guess not. That dude NEVER thinks the Lakers will lose and posts in an in game thread like 90%+ of games.

Also many folks just commented on the obvious poor play in first half but then gave their opinions what it would take to win (eg Killer and I were like ATTACK THE DAMN HOOP).

So, seriously, if you're gonna make blanket statements like that, 1) other threads are better and 2) try to be a bit more accurate

Yes you were one of the ones I was doing it

Thanks for evading my point bro.

You didn’t have a point bro did you run out of Kleenex during the game

It´s really embarrassing whats going on here in game threads if this team is trailing or are going through the motions for a quarter or half....I would ban all these guys in here who go into total troll mode...the forum would be better off without these fairweather fans.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The Lakers started slow and had to scratch to win. Players like Green, Wiggins, and Poole, who many here disregarded as a threat, showed up. It's common knowledge when Steph gets hot he can't be stopped half court in. He was Vesuvius hot lat night. His finishing at the rim is underrated.

CP3 is playing like an MVP. Booker is definitely an all star guard. If we get off slow as we did against the Dubs we will have to scratch to eke out a win.

I'll say the same thing I did about the Dubs, start fast, come out smoking and keep the doobie lit. This will not be a cakewalk.

I agree that CP3, Booker are very good players, not one of them is at Steph Curry Level though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree that CP3, Booker are very good players, not one of them is at Steph Curry Level though.

Who is? If I were in Laker management I'd request the league test Curry's DNA. May find he's not of this world. It's more a surprise when he misses than it is when he makes his outlandish shots.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

The Suns will have Cp3, Booker and Ayton. We can't afford to play like this against them.

The Warriors are fortunate we didn’t have Dennis Shroeder last night either because that must of been an imposter they found from the g-league. Dennis just hasn't been the same since returning from his health and safety protocol.

An as for Wiseman he’s been horrible. In the three matchups against us this season AD,Trezz,Kieff, Gasol had their way with him like he was a $25 street walker in Tijuana.

Got nothing but love for Klay but let’s not act like recovering from an achilles tear and an ACL reconstruction doesn’t present huge obstacles.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Don’t Poke the Bear 🐻🐻🐻🐻🐻

Dave McMenamin wrote:
New video: Juan Toscano-Anderson and Jordan Poole helped get LeBron James and Anthony Davis going with their trash talk on Wednesday,
adding intrigue to an already intense play-in game between the Lakers and Warriors.
My mini essay for @sportscenter

https://mobile.twitter.com/mcten/status/1395475927115599872

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPGi5P5J1eC/?utm_medium=copy_link
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

The Warriors are fortunate we didn’t have Dennis Shroeder last night either because that must of been an imposter they found from the g-league. Dennis just hasn't been the same since returning from his health and safety protocol.

An as for Wiseman he’s been horrible. In the three matchups against us this season AD,Trezz,Kieff, Gasol had their way with him like he was a $25 street walker in Tijuana.

Got nothing but love for Klay but let’s not act like recovering from an achilles tear and an ACL reconstruction doesn’t present huge obstacles.

$25.00 is high end in TJ.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81
Page 81 of 81
Jump to: