*** Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns (05/23/21 @ 12:30PM PDT), Series Tied 0-0, Playoff Gm #1***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerfansd wrote:
I think Davis will bounce back next game but we can see why Harrell was not a high priority signing for the Flippers. Gotta try Gasol.
Really wish we we signed someone like Batum who can guard guys like Booker and hit some shots. KCP is not a great defender and Matthews is not consistent on offense

That's the problem with AD. He doesn't have the DAWG in him naturally. He'll play soft for a few games until he's called out enough. Then he will get aggressive and dominate. Which makes us say things like "if we had THIS AD we would be unbeatable", and that is true. So you'd think he would just come out like that all the time. But no, he falls right back in to the same pattern because at this point it's apparent that's who he is. Immensely talented but not internally driven. No DAWG in him.

Last edited by cirehawk on Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lose game one. Win next four. In Frank I trust.

That has been the trend.

Hopefully it continues.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

AD played 39 mins....strange....the Lakers found a rhythm without him so I'm wondering why Vogel felt the need to always have him on the court. 19 mins for Drummond seemed longer...maybe because all 19 were with Ad....they need to stagger them. We def need some BMac out there...we placed very little offensive pressure on them today. I'd think with the amount of time AD and LeBron missed there would be confidence in lineups they aren't in...but apparently not. Kuzma needs to assert himself...but the slow down game helps him none. We scored 90 points.....90 points....this is not the 90s. Lol.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

miggz23 wrote:
Booker took 26 shots today...

LBJ/AD took 29 total... Lebron with only 12 shots? That's not going to get it done.

But they didn't look like they cared that much for this game. No sense of urgency most game. But this team has struggled offensively all season long. Not sure why. No excuse putting up only 90pts vs the Suns.

This was a typical Gm 1 by LeBron. He will be much better next game. His 1st game is usually something like 18-20 points and a lot of assists. He will counter after watching film. I’m more worried about AD... he doesn’t have a long enough playoff history to know what we’ll see next game...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

IMO AD needs a Batman, he's a Robin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

LBJ/AD took 29 total... Lebron with only 12 shots? That's not going to get it done.

But they didn't look like they cared that much for this game. No sense of urgency most game. But this team has struggled offensively all season long. Not sure why. No excuse putting up only 90pts vs the Suns.

This was a typical Gm 1 by LeBron. He will be much better next game. His 1st game is usually something like 18-20 points and a lot of assists. He will counter after watching film. I’m more worried about AD... he doesn’t have a long enough playoff history to know what we’ll see next game...

If he is healthy, not worried one bit, but I am afraid he is not getting better
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

damn they calling him ADisney
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
AD was invisible, but then the team as a whole couldn't shoot from outside or even from the line worth a damn, and they got out-hustled. The hustle part became apparent in the first, as soon as Lebron left the game the entire team seemed to lose any sense of urgency. They had a shot at taking the game over when Chris Paul went out, but they let the opportunity pass them by.

For me this isn’t about team. AD needs to dominate this series. This is his easiest match up for the playoffs
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

cirehawk wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:
I think Davis will bounce back next game but we can see why Harrell was not a high priority signing for the Flippers. Gotta try Gasol.
Really wish we we signed someone like Batum who can guard guys like Booker and hit some shots. KCP is not a great defender and Matthews is not consistent on offense

That's the problem with AD. He doesn't have the DAWG in him naturally. He'll play soft for a few games until he's called out enough. Then he will get aggressive and dominate. Which makes us say things like "if we had THIS AD we would be unbeatable", and that is true. So you'd think he would just come out like that all the time. But no, he falls right back in to the same pattern because at this point it's apparent that's who he is. Immensely talented but not internally driven. No DAWG in him.

Exactly why every time he beats his chest and screams to the stands, I just wish he would stop.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

cirehawk wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

Rondo would have got on his ass. I also think he goes for the kill once he sees cp3 gimpy. Water under the bridge but Rondo is def missed at a time like this.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

I'd upgrade that from opinion to fact.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

AD will bounce back with adjustments but Lebron has no lift or explosion...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers lose 99-90

DB will go into detail, but this one had the expected early run by the Suns. Problem was, Lakers never really recovered from it. After the Lakers got a 15-10 lead, Suns would go on a semi-extended 28-12 run and take an 11 point lead. Lakers cut it to 3 when CP3 was out for a bit. But after that, we basically saw a game where the lead would swing between 6-7 and 14-15 that the Lakers couldnt just overcome.

We could point to a certain energy level difference for the loss. But, to simplify it, here's how I think the team lost:

28 ft's given, only 17 made. On the year the team shoots ft's at a 73.9% clip. Today, only 61 (rounding up)%. On the year team shoots 3's at a 35%ish clip. Today? 27%. Most of the 3's were wide open and just missed.

To put this into perspective - had the team shot 70% from the 3 line and 33% from 3's, its a tie game. If they shot their season average? A win.

Those misses had nothing to do with the Suns D, Lakers just werent making open shots.

Perhaps the Suns will show me something different in game 2, but I think the poor shooting will be overlooked in the narrative of pre-crowning the Suns as the champ beaters. I really look at this as the Lakers more or less beating themselves.

Not worried about AD. He typically, after a game like this, comes back strong the next.

Folks - you split with the Suns, and that's a win.

Last edited by DrDent on Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

Rondo would have got on his ass. I also think he goes for the kill once he sees cp3 gimpy. Water under the bridge but Rondo is def missed at a time like this.

Interesting thought, but if rondo is still here today, would he “test” CP3 shoulder?
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

If he is healthy, not worried one bit, but I am afraid he is not getting better

I’m confident he will be better next game. Will it be enough? It depends on AD. They threw a lot of doubles at Bron. AD had great opportunities to go 1 on 1. He settled.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

It sucks cause it seems like Bron is trying to pass him that torch but he is not responding this year so far.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

Well, if our stars are going to play like this, then it will be no contest. There isn't much that Vogel can change anything if AD play like this. Yes, sure, Marc & Morris can take Drummond and Trees minutes, but as soon Lebron take a rest tbey will feast on us and what AD does? Shoot jumpers

Seeing DSaric getting Offensive Rebs. was painful.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

We. Will. Be. Fine.

Lakers beat themselves in this one IMO. If you cant hit open 3's and FT's at just a respectable level, you deserve to lose.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
damn they calling him ADisney

AD going 30 / 10 next game. Lakers winning by 10+
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know why it seems more obvious now but why is AD setting picks and floating around the perimeter so much? He can’t drive to the basket. He ends up shooting jumpers every time.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I think that was obvious before he came here. He's like young Howard, supremely talented but not motivated to crush souls
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

Interesting thought, but if rondo is still here today, would he “test” CP3 shoulder?

He would, and then go after the other one
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
We. Will. Be. Fine.

Lakers beat themselves in this one IMO. If you cant hit open 3's and FT's at just a respectable level, you deserve to lose.

that’s the only comforting factor... suns beat us only because they had more energy and out worked us...plus we missed most our shots
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
so im guessing Vogel didn't force AD to play the 5 the second half?

i stop watching after the first half.

He did in the 4th. Problem is our guys just couldnt hit open shots from the 3 or FT line.

Oddly enough, down 10, with 3 minutes to go, Lakers got a stop and a momentum possession came up. They settled for a rushed 3. Got another stop, could have had another score. Yet, another rushed 3.

Its hard to not sit back and wonder if you got 4 points, cut lead to 6, how that maybe changes things. Shrug.

Also, we were killed on the boards at an unusually high rate. That's fixable, but team does need to fix that moving forward.
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
lakerfansd wrote:

I agree with you, and have felt that way since we traded for him. He's a good second option but I don't think he can be the #1 guy to lead a team to title. We've had guys like Magic, Kobe, and even Lebron who can will their team to wins, can get on the case of teammates not doing their job. Davis looks content all the time whether we are winning or losing. It is what it is. I just hope we can get a dynamic scoring guard in the mold of Booker, Lillard to pair with Davis for when Lebron retires

Last edited by lakerfansd on Sun May 23, 2021 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53
Jump to: