*** Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns (05/23/21 @ 12:30PM PDT), Series Tied 0-0, Playoff Gm #1***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
We. Will. Be. Fine.

Lakers beat themselves in this one IMO. If you cant hit open 3's and FT's at just a respectable level, you deserve to lose.

that’s the only comforting factor... suns beat us only because they had more energy and out worked us...plus we missed most our shots

Yea...I'll admit, I have some creeping doubt back there cuz of how this season went. But everytime I've started SMH at what they are doing, they've righted the ship.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

If CP3 is going to look like he did today and you lose this series that will be quite a embarrassment.

Props to Devin Booker, but Lakers have to find a better way to limit at least part of his game. You can't have him go off scoring while you are doubling the entire game. He scored and got people wide open shots while CP3 wasn't himself.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Have to keep it as real as can be

Pandemicp meet bordercrisisA.D.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers did not play with focus of intensity. A season long story.

One team was playing for a playoff win, the other going through the motions.

They either figure it out or they go home early. It’s pretty simple.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sun May 23, 2021 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

One team was playing for a playoff win, the going through the motions.

I keep telling y'all. WE NEED A COACH!!🀬

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Listening to Horry post game. He is legitimately frustrated with how AD attacked on offense, e.g. not making quick moves to the basket, waiting too long, settling for a jumper when he coulda attacked Ayton.

I think these were legit critiques - alot of times what helps AD get going is when he just decided to make a quick move to the basket, etc. Today he did have a tendency of just waiting too long while reading the D.

Since he's been a Laker he typically does make that adjustment after a game like this.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

Where were the two superstar team leaders?
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

In l.g. it's always the coach or the refs.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Few hours after the game I've been trying to come up with what the Lakers did well this game, all I can think of is they didn't foul much. Everything else looked pretty poor though. I like to think that the Lakers can improve on this performance
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

LeBron and AD didn't show up. That's partially the reason we lost today. Another reason for the poor showing is injuries. Having said that.

Do you guys like Vogel's lineup, rotations, offensive schemes, not putting AD at the five, not playing Gasol or Morris?

When a team plays with no energy like the Lakers did today, I think it's partially the coach's fault. He has to be a motivator.

IMO Vogel's living off winning a championship. JMHO!

iI may be biased, I never thought he should have gotten the job.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

LeBron and AD didn't show up. That's partially the reason we lost today. Another reason for the poor showing is injuries. Having said that.

Do you guys like Vogel's lineup, rotations, offensive schemes, not putting AD at the five, not playing Gasol or Morris?

When a team plays with no energy like the Lakers did today, I think it's partially the coach's fault. He has to be a motivator.

IMO Vogel's living off of winning a championship. JMHO!

He only got the job because Monty Williams didn't trust front office. Ty lue wouldn't eat his damn LAKER cake in vegas.πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚.. with that said he didn't construct this team. Klutch,Lebron,Lebron,Klutch and rob a little.
Love that Bron brought chip 17. Will also love when Bron and klutch have ran there course through the Lakers and will be gone.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Few hours after the game I've been trying to come up with what the Lakers did well this game, all I can think of is they didn't foul much. Everything else looked pretty poor though. I like to think that the Lakers can improve on this performance

I hope they can improve for Game 2. But this lack of intensity has been an issue all season long. Not just a one game aberration.

I think Game 2 is critical to the mindset of this team. They start thinking about the injuries and chemistry too much and suffer a second loss. I’m not sure they recover mentally and competitively.

They start making calculations on effort and outcome and start thinking it is simply not their year. Crazy to be thinking this about a Championship team led by Davis and James but I could see them pack it in and swept or only win one game.

They just don’t seem right. Injuries are just apart of it. Hope I’m completely off base.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

He only got the job because Monty Williams didn't trust front office. Ty lue wouldn't eat his damn LAKER cake in vegas.πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚.. with that said he didn't construct this team. Klutch,Lebron,Lebron,Klutch and rob a little.
Love that Bron brought chip 17. Will also love when Bron and klutch have ran there course through the Lakers and will be gone.

You think the adjustments vogel made in the playoffs last season had nothing to do with the Lakers winning the title? He is a defense guru and the lakers were number 1 in defense despite all the injuries. As well as booker and ayton played today, the suns only scored 99 points
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
jodeke wrote:

So now it’s the coach?

You think the adjustments vogel made in the playoffs last season had nothing to do with the Lakers winning the title? He is a defense guru and the lakers were number 1 in defense despite all the injuries. As well as booker and ayton played today, the suns only scored 99 points

I have no problem with Vogel. Liked him in Indiana,Orlando, and now lakers. I believe he is working and doing the best with what was given to him I do not think he gets much if any input on roster. My point was that he wasn't first or second choice for job. I just don't believe in its always the coach or refs fault.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

I hope they can improve for Game 2. But this lack of intensity has been an issue all season long. Not just a one game aberration.

I think Game 2 is critical to the mindset of this team. They start thinking about the injuries and chemistry too much and suffer a second loss. I’m not sure they recover mentally and competitively.

They start making calculations on effort and outcome and start thinking it is simply not their year. Crazy to be thinking this about a Championship team led by Davis and James but I could see them pack it in and swept or only win one game.

They just don’t seem right. Injuries are just apart of it. Hope I’m completely off base.

Who do you blame for that? I may be in the minority, I think it's because of Vogel. I know he's no Popovich or Phil but I don't think he has the locker room. As goes LeBron so goes the Lakers. I've seen Bron take over timeout instrutions. Ty Lue use to tell him "I got this Bron."

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Who do you blame for that? I may be in the minority, I think it's because of Vogel. I know he's no Popovich or Phil but I don't think he has the locker room. As goes LeBron so goes the Lakers. I've seen Bron take over timeout instrutions. Ty Lue use to tell him "I got this Bron."

Lack of intensity starts and ends with your super stars.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I disagree. I think a coach has to about more than X's and O's. I think he has to also be a motivator. Phil used to play mind games, Pop, gets in everybody's ass. I don't think Vogel's a motivator.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I disagree. I think a coach has to about more than X's and O's. I think he has to also be a motivator. Phil used to play mind games, Pop, gets in everybody's ass. I don't think Vogel's a motivator.

So we either won the championship last season without intensity or Vogel is in fact a good motivator.m or was he a good motivator and suddenly decided to change that?
Do you see any intensity from Monty Williams or Ty lue? I know who has intensity,-Doc Rivers.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

So now is motivation, what's next? babysit, spoon-feed, toilet training the superstars?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Vogel should have gotten an offensive assistant this off-season. Alvin Gentry would have been my pick tbh. For the offensive assistant.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

AD hit a Hail Mary to get us into the finals then we went on to glory. I think we need a new coach. Vogel doesn't impress me. That's JMHO. Remember an opinion is like a (Y) everybody has one.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AD hit a Hail Mary to get us into the finals then we went on to glory. I think we need a new coach. Vogel doesn't impress me. That's JMHO. Remember an opinion is like a (Y) everybody has one.

We held suns under 100
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Vogel was money last season 1st and 2nd round after losing game 1.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I don't see any responses to Vogels not playing Gasol, THT, or Morris, or his lineups, rotations, offensive schemes. That's great coaching. Hey, we're all arm chair coaches.

Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul is such a phony. He tried to pull a Paul Pierce. Devin Booker is a stud though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53
Jump to: