Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
King Randle wrote:
You guys crack me up...We beat the Suns easily two weeks ago with Drummond and AD...AD had 42 alongside Drummond. The reason we lost is because AD didn't bring it...like he frequently does at least one game every series....and we were 1-13 from 3's not counting LeBron. You guys all freaking out..."START GASOL." It's not happening...maybe Gasol will get some run instead of riding the pine...but this freak-out that unless we start Gasol this series is over is nonsense and laughable.

I don't think anyone is freaking out. Also, no one said the series is over if we don't start Gasol. Everyone here is just looking at adjustments we can make.

If starting Gasol and Alex gives us the best chance at winning, Frank will have the power to make that move and he has already shown in last year's run he will make adjustments.

Because at the end of the day, his only goal is to win. Not appease players wishes

Actually read the post before us...a lot of people are freaking out and yes at least one called for Gasol to start or it's over....It was one bad game and AD owned up to it....If AD would have given a better effort and KCP would have made a couple of more 3's we could have won the game...If there's a problem its Booker...It cant be so easy for him to come off picks or dribble behind a pick in the lane and stick a 12 footer. That I agree needs to be corrected big time.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
King Randle wrote:
You guys crack me up...We beat the Suns easily two weeks ago with Drummond and AD...AD had 42 alongside Drummond. The reason we lost is because AD didn't bring it...like he frequently does at least one game every series....and we were 1-13 from 3's not counting LeBron. You guys all freaking out..."START GASOL." It's not happening...maybe Gasol will get some run instead of riding the pine...but this freak-out that unless we start Gasol this series is over is nonsense and laughable.

I don't think anyone is freaking out. Also, no one said the series is over if we don't start Gasol. Everyone here is just looking at adjustments we can make.

If starting Gasol and Alex gives us the best chance at winning, Frank will have the power to make that move and he has already shown in last year's run he will make adjustments.

Because at the end of the day, his only goal is to win. Not appease players wishes

Actually read the post before us...a lot of people are freaking out and yes at least one called for Gasol to start or it's over....It was one bad game and AD owned up to it....If AD would have given a better effort and KCP would have made a couple of more 3's we could have won the game...If there's a problem its Booker...It cant be so easy for him to come off picks or dribble behind a pick in the lane and stick a 12 footer. That I agree needs to be corrected big time.

Well, I will speak for myself and say I'm not freaking out. But one thing neither of us can argue is the current lineup hurts our spacing.

AC | KCP | Bron | AD | Gasol: 96th percentile spacing lineup

Schröder | KCP | LeBron | AD | Drummond: 43rd percentile

(source Cranjis)

AD and LBJ need room to operate and while I like AD2 and DS, I have come to the conclusion they don't mesh with them and we need a change to the starting lineup
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

I think 25 of those points in that game were along side Gasol in about a dozen minutes. That combo destroyed.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I think 25 of those points in that game were along side Gasol in about a dozen minutes. That combo destroyed.

They killed it. That's the kind of big AD needs. Gasol can stay inside on the defensive end and AD can rotate and show outside to his man. Reverse on offense were Gasol can use his range and set those killer picks and AD can post low or roll to.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
King Randle wrote:

AD and Drummond also played extremely well against the Knicks both combined for a +15.....Drummond was 16 and 18. Gasol was a -8. So I say we're fine just got to bring a better effort...especially AD...I would like to see Gasol play some and not ride the pine....we'll see if that happens tonight.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we need to start Gasol and I'm a big fan of his game, I do think we should play him in this series and take advantage of the matchup and spacing.
DS is ok starting, as long as we have AC closing I'm fine with that. Give the big spaniard around 20 mpg, and close with whatever is working best that game.

King Randle wrote:
AD and Drummond also played extremely well against the Knicks both combined for a +15.....Drummond was 16 and 18. Gasol was a -8. So I say we're fine just got to bring a better effort...especially AD...I would like to see Gasol play some and not ride the pine....we'll see if that happens tonight.

But we're playing the Suns...
And Gasol was not a -8 vs Suns.
His contribution will vary depending on matchups, but against the Suns he has proven to be a net plus for us.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Koalita wrote:
I don't think we need to start Gasol and I'm a big fan of his game, I do think we should play him in this series and take advantage of the matchup and spacing.
DS is ok starting, as long as we have AC closing I'm fine with that. Give the big spaniard around 20 mpg, and close with whatever is working best that game.

King Randle wrote:

His contribution will vary depending on matchups, but against the Suns he has proven to be a net plus for us.

I believe Gasol should play but he's not the savior...Keep everything the same....AD has to bring it...period...the guards have to knock down some 3's, and make your damn free-throws, and give Gasol some minutes. We're not re-inventing the wheel here...and please don't allow Booker to get such easy looks.
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Let’s give Lebron and AD three deep threats so that they can go to work.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Koalita wrote:

King Randle wrote:

I believe Gasol should play but he's not the savior...Keep everything the same....AD has to bring it...period...the guards have to knock down some 3's, and make your damn free-throws, and give Gasol some minutes. We're not re-inventing the wheel here...and please don't allow Booker to get such easy looks.

He's not the savior but he can help plugging the hole. At least if that hole is plugged, they can still have a better chance to win even if Bron and AD is not having a good game.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Koalita wrote:

King Randle wrote:

He's not the savior but he can help plugging the hole. At least if that hole is plugged, they can still have a better chance to win even if Bron and AD is not having a good game.

I really doubt that....Bron and AD have to be at the top of their game always to win IMO. Doesn’t mean they have to have 30, but they have to have an impact. Let’s see if Gasol plays today and how he does. I believe the team as a whole will play a lot better today.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Koalita wrote:

King Randle wrote:

I really doubt that....Bron and AD have to be at the top of their game always to win IMO. Doesn’t mean they have to have 30, but they have to have an impact. Let’s see if Gasol plays today and how he does. I believe the team as a whole will play a lot better today.

Bron and AD need space. AD needs to be closer to the paint and Bron needs driving lanes. Gasol instantly brings that and he can defend Ayton.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Marc was TERRIBLE today.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Great minute, just a little too long. That 3 in the 4th was HUGE
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Marc was TERRIBLE today.

Don't know why Vogel had him playing for so long in that 4th qt. AD should be playing 5 for all of it. Once that happened, the game completely turned around.

Kiss my Converse.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Suns adjusted at halftime and just shredded the Lakers’ defense for seemingly every second Marc was on the floor in the second half. Got him involved in as many actions as they could and just destroyed the Lakers after we were forced to scramble because Marc was too slow to do anything.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Suns adjusted at halftime and just shredded the Lakers’ defense for seemingly every second Marc was on the floor in the second half. Got him involved in as many actions as they could and just destroyed the Lakers after we were forced to scramble because Marc was too slow to do anything.

So who you got? Harrell?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

So who you got? Harrell?

I think for this matchup, yes Montrezl Harrell. But in reality, I might just skip Harrell and Gasol and just play Drummond and AD at the 5 lineup and just play Wes Matthews more. THT and Gasol should not play anymore. I hate saying that about Gasol but he has been figured out.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Kieff might be playing a lot if they keep doing that PNR attack on Drummond /gasol
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Don’t think Gasol should be utilize on this series but the next one, he should be especially if it against Jokic.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Marc hit some 3s though, and I think it gives the Suns a different look at whether they should be zoning or doubling Bron-AD as quickly as they do. He is also a very good post entry passer, something we need.

Personally I thought his defense was more an issue, but that way Payne played. Man he literally killed us. The game totally went out of control. Then AD took it back.

Dunno what the exact solution is. But I do prefer some floor spacing vs Trez. Vogel will need to keep playing chess. Everyone was on Vogel but once again he has proved why he did things a certain way.

When Payne is out there, it may be beneficial to get AD at the 5 so he can switch out on Payne and the smalls easier. Gasol or AD2 just can not get on those smalls and recover, that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Kieff might be playing a lot if they keep doing that PNR attack on Drummond /gasol

I am surprised Kief has not played but he can rotate better and provide better spacing.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I am surprised Kief has not played but he can rotate better and provide better spacing.

I think Kief is the answer as well. Im willing to bet we will see Markieff a lot more...especially if Kuzma continues to fire blanks....although personally I would be patient with Kuzma for now. He is doing the little things....we just have to hope the shot comes back. But Markieff for Gasol....absolutely
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

He got a run with Gasol and Bron. We ran a Gasol-Kieff lineup, where Bron was the 3 on D, and 1 on O.

On offense, as the series evolves, I am sure we will lean more on Gasol and Kieff around AD-Bron. We simply need the shot making. The Suns are doubling and zoning a lot.

However in this game, it was more the defense. We had a lot of trouble with defensive coverage when we played big when Payne was aggressive. It seemed like we did not know how to react and were too slow. Situations like that, you probably just want to go with AD at the 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I think the lakers stayed big because of Ayton, and they didn’t want AD guarding him the whole game especially with foul trouble. If Ayton is hot again, we might not have a choice but to stay big
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

FYI contrast to last game where AD at the 5 was not great. This time used at the very death (Caruso comes in for Marc around the 3:40 mark left in the game).

Lakers go on a 7-0 run.

Overall end up with a +6 (16-10 advantage).

I think we will see AD at the 5 especially if Payne continues to cause the problems he did.

We can front AD out on the perimeter, put a small on Ayton and then have AD come help back. That is why he is the most valuable defender in the league in my opinion.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 54 of 65
Jump to: