LakersGround.net 20th anniversary celebration and memories thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Reading this thread
I feel old
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Yep. We've all gone through a lot of life together. World kind of changed a bit 4 days after my join date.

I also had a baby boy who is now turning 20 this year and my daughter is learning to drive now.

Right there with you, as I have a son and daughter roughly the same age. Can't count how many late-night feedings I did with as baby in my lap as I was reading LG posts on the monitor right above them.

Cheers, y'all.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:
5 presidential elections

5 Lakers championships

Horry's shot

Kobe 81

9/11

2 wars

Kobe arrested, tried, exonerated

The Kobe/Shaq wars

We got Malone and Payton!

KG will he/won't he

Marcus Banks

smartphones and social networks

The great recession

Chris Paul basketball reasons

the "obese laker girls please!" guy

Phil died

LM died

David Stern died

Chick died

Dr. Buss died

KCAL died and the Lakers moved to Time Warner

Kobe had 4 kids, 1 just got into college, 1 died

Kobe died

COVID

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones all premiered, had multi-year runs, and ended

we killed Bin Laden, 12 states legalized weed, the country legalized legalized gay marriage

I lost my dog, my grandpa, and my dad, I graduated college, friendships and romantic partners came and went, I got married, purchased property, my interest in the Lakers/NBA gradually went from daily obsession to phantom pain.

LG has proven to be the most consistently well-moderated internet forum that I've ever read. Currently, there are only 8 active moderators, and they all (bleep) care.

Careful, Billy Joel might turn this into a song.

Or I will. Give me the weekend.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure my first post was a fake trade for Jose Calderon in the ‘11-‘12 season.. Lol.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
AD23 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Raise your hand if you migrated here from Lakerstalk?

More like LG to LT to LG + LT and back to LG.

FatSam, good dude I remember him.

Remember that nlbford character? He was a cad. Rumor has it he posts here now.

LOL ... you mean that MULE? I know him
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Monty forgot the Texas memes. Derek Fisher elbow to Ron Artest chest during 2009 playoffs, Dreamshake steaming mad about an elbow to the throat. Monty trolling with memes about body anatomy chart in Texas with neck arrow pointing to the chest and sunshine in Texas as a image of a clear night sky. One of the highlights on LG for sure.

Ahh, Dreamshake and Ron's neckchest. Dream wanted to invent a new anatomical definition rather than cede his dubious claim, especially because Patsy was the one he was battling.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Careful, Billy Joel might turn this into a song.

Or I will. Give me the weekend.

wolfpaclaker has the same number of syllables and the same cadence as Studebaker if you wanna mimic that reference. Just something I noticed.

Stud-e-baker, wolf-pac-la-ker, Comm-u-nist bloc...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject:

CMB's broken toilet handle at a party story was a gem in its day. I was cackling when reading of his true-to-life Number 2 tribulations.

The lad reaches for the handle to flush his leavings and it breaks off in his hand.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Yep. We've all gone through a lot of life together. World kind of changed a bit 4 days after my join date.

I also had a baby boy who is now turning 20 this year and my daughter is learning to drive now.

Right there with you, as I have a son and daughter roughly the same age. Can't count how many late-night feedings I did with as baby in my lap as I was reading LG posts on the monitor right above them.

Cheers, y'all.

Damn, forgot about those late night feedings with LG. One hand trying to hunt and peck out a post while the other hand held a falling asleep baby.

I don't know how many moments where I wanted to get my mind off of waiting in a hospital room or some other awful event and logging on LG for the distraction.

Or at night on some backcountry hike in the middle of nowhere and suddenly getting some internet access and checking into LG threads to do a little reading.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Reading this thread
I feel old

That list of CMB's
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I still have LakersGround T Shirts....and those haven't been offered in a while to my knowledge!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Pretty sure my first post was a fake trade for Jose Calderon in the ‘11-‘12 season.. Lol.

The Spanish Steve Nash
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CMB's broken toilet handle at a party story was a gem in its day. I was cackling when reading of his true-to-life Number 2 tribulations.

The lad reaches for the handle to flush his leavings and it breaks off in his hand.

999’s various bathroom stories were gold as well.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
wolfpaclaker has the same number of syllables and the same cadence as Studebaker if you wanna mimic that reference. Just something I noticed.

"Meet me in Temecula" has a nice cadence.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:27 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Monty forgot the Texas memes. Derek Fisher elbow to Ron Artest chest during 2009 playoffs, Dreamshake steaming mad about an elbow to the throat. Monty trolling with memes about body anatomy chart in Texas with neck arrow pointing to the chest and sunshine in Texas as a image of a clear night sky. One of the highlights on LG for sure.

Ahh, Dreamshake and Ron's neckchest. Dream wanted to invent a new anatomical definition rather than cede his dubious claim, especially because Patsy was the one he was battling.

I didn't forget nothin', MING. Every time I see the rockets logo I'm reminded of the miserable quarter-century that that joke-ass franchise is having. I think of all the time invested by the Texette behind the Dreamshake account and how much he needed to join Lakers sites to try and scuff up our party just a bit. How empty and unsatisfying that must have been. Yikes. It makes me giggle. And tweren't Fish that "elbowed" Artest in the (teeth? eyes? uvula? lol dumbass), but Kobe. That little cowpie hated his guts. lmao @ the gateway to china" stuff. Imagine having to be the guy who posted that sort of braindead pap.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Dude, that was just the prelude of an ongoing saga with annoying toilets that peckerheads choose for their guest bathrooms. Many such cases, to date. I ghosted a friendship because of freakish clog that I left in someone's upstairs low flow™ toilet.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

bag of urine gate

treasure. For a short while, our mods cracked down on people busting 999's balls over that incident at his request! Imagine what that PM must have looked like.

"It annoys me when people make fun of me for throwing a bag of my own piss at a probable vietnam vet, can you guys do something about it?" That just made it sooo much funnier. He matured, so the razzing rolls off of his back now, but it's still really, really funny and we should never let it die.

Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:01 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Except for closet Clippers fans and Dreamshake, I don't believe we have that many fans from other teams here in LG right now.
Dreamshake of course, but I remember guys like Man in Black(?) and RipCityRobert.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject:

Detective Coppertop shouldn’t go unmentioned amongst LG luminaries.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

999’s various bathroom stories were gold as well.

Haha. Yes. Golden. Especially if the recipient was homeless.

There was someone else who never got over his admission that he didn't wash his hands after going to the (public, even) restroom at work == and he claimed to be a food handler.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:08 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

bag of urine gate

treasure. For a short while, our mods cracked down on people busting 999's balls over that incident at his request! Imagine what that PM must have looked like.

"It annoys me when people make fun of me for throwing a bag of my own piss at a probable vietnam vet, can you guys do something about it?" That just made it sooo much funnier. He matured, so the razzing rolls off of his back now, but it's still really, really funny and we should never let it die.

He's a pisser. I remember his tone being that of expecting that people were gonna laugh at his story of riding in a friend's car w/ a bag of piss specifically in search of a destitute person in despair to throw it on. Because destitute people? They're due for a come-uppance. Even most Correctional Officers don't get gassed with an entire bagful. Pat Bateman was more caring when he accused Al of insider trading and stomped out his dog.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

"Meet me in Temecula" has a nice cadence.

Good ear. I was working on a lyric about "Shannon Brown's ass on live TV", but it has too many syllables to work in the Joel structure.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
RipCityRobert.

Wow. There's a blast from the past.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

somebody reply to the first thread so we can see it lol
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Except for closet Clippers fans and Dreamshake, I don't believe we have that many fans from other teams here in LG right now.
Dreamshake of course, but I remember guys like Man in Black(?) and RipCityRobert.

PhillyDoc I believe was a Spurs fan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: