*** Los Angeles Lakers vs. Phoenix Suns (6/1/21 @ 7 PM PDT), Lakers tied 2-2, Playoff Gm #5***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Dear Laker fans. Please don't make fun of other teams. small teams don't have the privilege of attracting big stars. Obviously they will have less success and rings. doesn't mean we make fun of them. They have to work very hard to even make it to conference finals. Its bad Karma.

we and the entire were making fun of SUNS and Clips just 4 days back. Look how things turned out

That is very deep coming from a clipper fan like you.

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers lose 115-85

No cavalry came to save the day. LBJ did not have the game folks believed was needed. DS went 0-9. Team shot 35%.

It was almost as if every crack in the dam that was patched up, came apart at the same time.

Really not much else to say, other than: AD didnt play, and this type of loss was not atypical this season.

Unless the Lakers can muster more than this, this season is over before the weekend.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Worthy said this was the worst Lakers game he has ever seen.

more recently for me was the 04 Pistons/11 Mavs...both teams getting wiped out the same way coming off a championship. feels similar
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Dear Laker fans. Please don't make fun of other teams. small teams don't have the privilege of attracting big stars. Obviously they will have less success and rings. doesn't mean we make fun of them. They have to work very hard to even make it to conference finals. Its bad Karma.

we and the entire were making fun of SUNS and Clips just 4 days back. Look how things turned out

You're such a piss ass (bleep).
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

roger_federer wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
Even with scrubs phx is getting good shots....so what's the Lakers excuse....with stars or scrubs we consistently have long scoring droughts

We actually had great looks tonight but like we’ve done all series, bricks. Then there was over passing. Guys scared to shoot. Unbelievable we’re the defending champs. Too many shook guys out there.

we are not hitting 3s. what is the point in keep looking for open looks.

You’re right. LeBron should drive into a packed paint, collect offensive fouls or possibly turn his ankle again

LBJ or DS can try o draw Fouls. Or throw some lobs. do something other than trying same thing that is not working

Or... we can hit our open shots at a decent clip. They don’t have to be 40% but next game is a must win. We need the role players to hit shots just like the Suns did today. At least make their defense think twice about selling out. LeBron is a big guy, old and coming off injury. We need to be close to average from 3

But you are not hitting shots.
with lebron in the game...there's not much transition ball...he walks it up and methodically picks apart the defense in his head...while everyone stands around....then there's 6 on the shot clock. That type of possession happens many times a game...when you aren't making shots you need to push the pace...we are barely scoring 100 points...
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

well, this was embarrassing - moving on...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

No cavalry came to save the day. LBJ did not have the game folks believed was needed. DS went 0-9. Team shot 35%.

It was almost as if every crack in the dam that was patched up, came apart at the same time.

Really not much else to say, other than: AD didnt play, and this type of loss was not atypical this season.

Unless the Lakers can muster more than this, this season is over before the weekend.

They're not winning without AD. That's it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
MJST wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
MJST wrote:
Fracture wrote:
After this series is over with I don't want to see schroder in a Lakers uni again.

You'll be wishing you had him if they run it back next year with this roster with no Harrell and Schroeder. Unless you think that the Lakers would get better than him in the off-season(they won't) or unless you think AD and LeBron can carry even more of a load offensively next year(they can't).

Because either you are stuck with them or screwed. either way we are in a mess. Once again Amazing job by Rob.

Glad to be "stuck" with talent like Schroeder and Harrell while still having LeBron and AD.

Just wish we had a coach that knew how to actually coach offense and maximize it. Biggest problem this year has been injuries, and the other weakness has been our coaching on the offensive end.

They are empty stat guys man. what talent are you talking about? DS is a bench guy and Doc gave all the minutes he can give to Trez and it cost them ring last year

Empty stats? How bad do you think our offense would be if we didn't have them?

Also don't forget how bad we looked when he didn't play this season. Enough of the "one game makes me forget the season" stuff.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

I'm almost there with you Baron, but I have slight hope somehow...they pull it out.

Very slight. As in, I mostly expect it won't happen
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Buss traded Shaq after we failed to win the championship in 04, I don’t see anything similar happening with LeBron.. if 1 of our major players get traded it will be Davis.
socalfan21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I just ask the Lakers, if they are going to embarrass themselves and lose this series, please just do it thursday so we don't lose our weekends
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

I'm almost there with you Baron, but I have slight hope somehow...they pull it out.

Groan injuries linger for weeks, I highly doubt we will see a different result even if Davis comes back in this series, the Suns are riding in high momentum right now and won’t let us get life back.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dr. Buss traded Shaq after we failed to win the championship in 04, I don’t see anything similar happening with LeBron.. if 1 of our major players get traded it will be Davis.

The way I interpret what you wrote is comparing the Shaq situation to this...but that was entirely unique. As I recall, Kobe literally made it about "it's me or him" and it didnt help Shaq dissed Jerry during a preseason game, where he yelled out something like "gimme more $$" or "gimme the contract"...or whatever it was. I do recall reading about it years ago.

AD situation is nothing like that. Put another way, if Shaq and Kobe got along, Shaq wouldnt have been traded.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

more recently for me was the 04 Pistons/11 Mavs...both teams getting wiped out the same way coming off a championship. feels similar

Seriously we have gotten embarrassed in similar fashions in even higher stakes than this....what the hell is Worthy talking about????? Hell he played in one of them himself!!!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

Groan injuries linger for weeks, I highly doubt we will see a different result even if Davis comes back in this series, the Suns are riding in high momentum right now and won’t let us get life back.

Can I please just have my 1 in a million, billion, or trillion or whatever high number hope?
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Bad news: Chris Paul has not played his best game.
Yet, his team is up 3-2.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

1995Lakers wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Seriously we have gotten embarrassed in similar fashions in even higher stakes than this....what the hell is Worthy talking about????? Hell he played in one of them himself!!!!

I guess Big Game James has selective amnesia and forgot the Memorial Day Massacre of the 1985 finals
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

DrDent wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
DrDent wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

Can I please just have my 1 in a million, billion, or trillion or whatever high number hope?

I’m in the same boat as you, in the back of my mind I still have that feeling that LeBron will turn on his LeGOAT mode and guide us to the 2nd round
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers lose 115-85

The joy of stealing the series from the Suns in Game 7 after AD returns is too good
cheesehead88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Memorial Day Massacre

Can we beat these guys?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Draymond Green giving a shout out for more THT
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Hope he’s not a Clipper fan. That’s a mean loser franchise. I wouldn’t be proud of telling anyone that I support the weak ass Clippers.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Shaq:

They played soft, played with no heart, played with no sense of urgency
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Hope he’s not a Clipper fan. That’s a mean loser franchise. I wouldn’t be proud of telling anyone that I support the weak ass Clippers.

Plus, I’d still laugh at the clippers until they win anything meaningful
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Bad news: Chris Paul has not played his best game.
Yet, his team is up 3-2.

It’s not Chris Paul and his bad shoulder I’m worried about, I don’t think he can play much better in his condition, more worried about AD and our terrible shooting, we may brick our way out of the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 53 of 54
Jump to: