LAKERS -at- SUNS - 6/1 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I posted this in the game thread just before I exited it. I expected negativity to abound. It did.

Quote:
STOP BLAMING VOGEL AND PELINKA. REMEMBER WE WERE #1 SEED, WAY AHEAD OF THE PACK. THEN CAME THE INJURIES. iF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY LUCK AT ALL.

I stand by it.

Prior to LeBron's 1st groin injury we were something like 6 games ahead of the pack, talking repeat.

Many of those now saying Pelinka made a mistake by trading Howard, McGee, and Rondo were praising him for the trades. They were lauding him for signing Schroder and Harrell, now they're saying they were mistakes. Hindsight is 20 20.

I saw LeBron look like a defeated man. It hurt. I saw role players afraid to take shots. I'll say something I never thought I'd say, WE'RE DONE!

I don't think we'll win another game.

I'm not a Vogel fan, never have been. I've said it before and I'll say it again,

he's as inconsistent as Kuzma.

I didn't think he was the right coach for this roster. I stand by that.

If not for injuries I thought, as do many of those now complaining, we would repeat.

It's not Vogel or Pelinka's fault we're where we are, it's injuries.

As much as it pains me to say, I think the Nets are going to win the Larry O'Brien. They have 3 of the most polarizing players in the game but it's gonna be very, very, very, difficult to defeat them.

So Jod, many good points. On top of that, you went way out on the limb and boldly predicted the Laks will go 0-1 the rest of the way. . . . And actually . . . Kuzma's become very consistent.

I posted that with a heavy heart. I don't think Bron is anywhere near 100% and the look on his face during the game was one of defeat. He left the court 5 minutes before the game ended. Yeah, that was a real limb.

Kuz is Kuz. For about 3 games I thought he'd turned the corner. Then "poof" up popped the Old Kuz.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I posted this in the game thread just before I exited it. I expected negativity to abound. It did.

Quote:
STOP BLAMING VOGEL AND PELINKA. REMEMBER WE WERE #1 SEED, WAY AHEAD OF THE PACK. THEN CAME THE INJURIES. iF IT WEREN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULDN'T HAVE ANY LUCK AT ALL.
I stand by it.

Prior to LeBron's 1st groin injury we were something like 6 games ahead of the pack, talking repeat.

Many of those now saying Pelinka made a mistake by trading Howard, McGee, and Rondo were praising him for the trades. They were lauding him for signing Schroder and Harrell, now they're saying they were mistakes. Hindsight is 20 20.

I saw LeBron look like a defeated man. It hurt. I saw role players afraid to take shots. I'll say something I never thought I'd say, WE'RE DONE!

I don't think we'll win another game.

I'm not a Vogel fan, never have been. I've said it before and I'll say it again,

he's as inconsistent as Kuzma.

I didn't think he was the right coach for this roster. I stand by that.

If not for injuries I thought, as do many of those now complaining, we would repeat.

It's not Vogel or Pelinka's fault we're where we are, it's injuries.

As much as it pains me to say, I think the Nets are going to win the Larry O'Brien. They have 3 of the most polarizing players in the game but it's gonna be very, very, very, difficult to defeat them.
So Jod, many good points. On top of that, you went way out on the limb and boldly predicted the Laks will go 0-1 the rest of the way. . . . And actually . . . Kuzma's become very consistent.
I posted that with a heavy heart. I don't think Bron is anywhere near 100% and the look on his face during the game was one of defeat. He left the court 5 minutes before the game ended. Yeah, that was a real limb.

Kuz is Kuz. For about 3 games I thought he'd turned the corner. Then "poof" up popped the Old Kuz.
Respectfully submit has been consistent - in disappointing you - lol!

Which Lakers will have "The Heart of a Champion??"

Drummond, Schoeder and Kuz - did they play in Game 5? Missing layups and wide open shots could mean that the game was too big for them. Their play provides tangible information that these good players are not ready to make tangible impact on games unless other superstars are their to take away all the pressure.

Nets can outscore the 76ers, while they can foul out Durant and Simmons can cover Kyrie - hence it will be a good series

Nets can outscore the Bucks, but how will they defend The Greek Freak and Holiday?

Rondo - is he the mising piece for the Clippers????

Would Green, Dwight and Java heap wity the shooting - nope

With Drummond not a consistent offensive threat and not getting rebounds, one wonders why he is on the court

As shared above, which Lakers have "The Heart of a Champion?"
DSF_27
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

WC13 wrote:
DSF_27 wrote:
Suns fan here coming in peace.

Im surprised I havent seen more about the discrepancies in crowd sizes. Staples had...7k? Suns were almost at full capacity. That wasnt fair at all.

That was as loud as Ive ever seen the Suns arena and the Suns played like they were on cocaine. I know you guys are upset with "effort" but when the other team is feeding off that rush, it becomes hard to win WITH all your players available.

Lakers were already in a bad mental mindset from losing game four and then losing AD. There was no way they were going to win that game.

Good point...I noticed that, too.

Just as a side note, Staples Center is kind of weird even at full capacity. The acoustics are too good. I don't know what the arena in Phoenix is like, if it's more old school...but arenas with old fashioned bad acoustics create a din that is LOUD. Good acoustics are kind of dead. I've seen concerts and games at Staples, and there is a weird disconnect.

Anyway, by the second quarter, I think the Lakers should just have forfeited. That could well have been the most painful, exhausting playoff game I've ever seen. Even Lebron looked like, man, I can't do this, I can't carry this, ugh.

Im surprised they didnt implement a rule indicating both teams must adhere to the max allowed of both states. That is, if the Lakers can only allow 7k, then the Suns can only allow 7k.

I remember a while back the Suns were playing the Spurs and the shot clock above the Spurs' basket went out. They put a temporary one on the floor and Pop said "fine, but turns the clock above their basket off and put one of the floor for them too". Suns didnt object.

Something like that.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'd feel better if LeBron was playing like he was earlier in the season. He's just not in playoff LeBron mode as far as attacking like he can. Mentioned that in Game 1 as it's really concerning. Even when the lineups are in his favor.

I don't think he's anywhere near 100%. He hasn't been the same since the first groin injury.

Agreed. Thanks, DB!
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Man if lebron focused on basketball instead of sjw stuff. I'm happy to see us lose for once in my life.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: