Win or lose, we need a legit 3rd scorer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Years of evidence that Westbrook is incapable of adjusting his game for the team and you guys want him?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Years of evidence that Westbrook is incapable of adjusting his game for the team and you guys want him?
i said you have to look if avail. we cant have just role players around AD/bron moving forward. we need at least 1 ultra talented guy due to the fact that ad/bron will miss games more and more frequently.

we are the 7th seed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Westbrook would make Anthony Davis look like the greatest big man of all time. Every big man he plays with eats.

Like who exactly?

Look at S. Adams decline once separated from Rus.
Thomas Bryant was on his way to a career year this year before he got hurt.
Gafford is overachieving now too.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Randle and Bryant wouldn't have been on the team because the roster was stripped down to the foundation to create cap space for Kawhi.

The only way the Lakers can get a third scorer is developing a young one in house - a long shot given where the Lakers draft, not to mention time consuming when LeBron's window is likely 1-2 more seasons - or signing ring chasing aging veterans on discounts. Kyle Lowry has won a ring and will get significantly better offers from teams like the Knicks and Heat, so you don't have to worry about him, but the fastest way to acquire that third scorer involves gambling on an old fading star's health for 1-2 seasons.

But maybe they'll draft the next Tony Parker with the #22 pick.

I'd rather just go all in on shooters
(complete overhaul of the supporting cast outside of KCP, Caruso, THT), defensive ability be damned, and bank on Vogel's defensive acumen (+ healthy AD) coming through and molding together a solid defense. If your offense is going to be just giving the ball to your two stars and letting them go to work, then at least try to put pieces around them which cater to that style. None of this two big men nonsense, and having 4-5 guys behind AD on the roster who play the same position.

Like you said, there's no way we add a legit third scorer with the pieces we have. We have very little in the way of above average prospects to develop, and our immediate draft capital is embarrassingly low. They've backed themselves in a corner, but at least stop being stubborn (or stupid?) and catch up to the NBA in terms of roster construction and offensive playing style.

I'm leaning that way, too. A guy like Lillard is going to light up the best defenses, so what if he does it a little bit more easily against Seth Curry than Schröder?

I wanted him bad after his first stint in Dallas, right when he got hurt. Can't believe we missed out on such an obvious sign.

Imagine having Brook and Seth Curry in the fold instead of JaVale and Lance Stephenson. Magic really didn't know what he was doing.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Any player who is a star and is an excellent 3P shooter is not going to be attainable for DS & THT. Dame and others are pipe dreams.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Halflife wrote:
would you guys take russ for a S&T involving DS and THT?

Westbrook?!? He'd be a terrible fit.

idk. I get his 3ball is bad but he averages triple dubs. We will never see a guy like him again. If he is gettable its a must look.

I think he can work in the regular season staggering minutes with LeBron, but you run into the same issues Houston did trying to pair Harden and Westbrook - Russ standing behind the 3pt line watching LeBron and AD work doesn't concern defenders. I think you could get creative with Westbrook as a screener for LeBron like Caruso, so maybe.

But he also makes $40M. The only way to match is a DS S&T for a crazy amount plus Kuzma. Would DS go to the Wiz? Would the Wizards want him and Kuzma?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Plus teams would forever pack the paint if we trot out a lineup with Russ, Bron and AD.

We need scoring but it needs to come from players that mesh well with our 2 guys.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
defense wrote:

Plus teams would forever pack the paint if we trot out a lineup with Russ, Bron and AD.

We need scoring but it needs to come from players that mesh well with our 2 guys.

The only thing I could think of is Westbrook replacing AC as the screener for LeBron and hoping he could do some damage in the middle of the floor off the short roll.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Westbrook would make Anthony Davis look like the greatest big man of all time. Every big man he plays with eats.

Like who exactly?

Look at S. Adams decline once separated from Rus.
Thomas Bryant was on his way to a career year this year before he got hurt.
Gafford is overachieving now too.

They are both similar to their previous years totals without him. If you are talking about harden, I agree, but westbrick doesn’t make anyone better including himself
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

If we base careers of stats. Russ will go down as one of the best ever and may never lose his records
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Talk about a contrast in styles.

Westbrook would be wanting to attack and push the ball and James would be slowing it down for 10-12 secs outside the 3pt line.

Would almost be worth it to see whose head explodes first!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

We need to stop playing and surround Lebron and AD with knockdown shooters…spam the Lebron/AD pick and roll.

Lebron and shooters has been a championship contending offense for years and we’ve never tried to replicate it…it’s gonna be even more important to space the floor for our stars as Lebron starts to lose his explosiveness.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Get Luka after next season
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Good/great players who haven't won a ring but I really want them to (would be a bonus if they win as Lakers). In no particular order:

- DAME
- Jrue
- Luka
- Derozan
- Butler
- Beal
- Jokic
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

I would settle just for AD and Bron to be healthy for one more playoff run next year. A healthy AD plus Bron is still the best in the league. We just never got that chance this year.

So if the argument is that AD and Bron will never be healthy/100 percent un the playoffs again. Ok. But I don’t believe so. I think they have one more run in them.

We need to surround them with Danny Green in their prime, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol types and less Dennis give me money Schroeder or 6-7 Trez types. I still believe we can take this series but the title is unlikely this year. I would move back to the plan than my worked last year only finding better younger players like that.

And get a bench leader like Rondo again. We need that.

I would focus on quality role players that improve spacing and defense easier around AD/Bron. Vs focusing on more shot creators. We added two big time shot creators in Dennis and Trez. It was a pure dud.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
The irony is that we supposedly had five guys who could plausibly have been the #3— Schroeder, KCP, Harrell, Kuzma, and Drummond. None of them panned out.

We do, they've done put points before, this is on the coaching staff
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

How about instead an offensive system? Or a coach with solid rotations that can coach offense and make offensive adjustments?

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I would settle just for AD and Bron to be healthy for one more playoff run next year. A healthy AD plus Bron is still the best in the league. We just never got that chance this year.

So if the argument is that AD and Bron will never be healthy/100 percent un the playoffs again. Ok. But I don’t believe so. I think they have one more run in them.

We need to surround them with Danny Green in their prime, Dwight Howard, Marc Gasol types and less Dennis give me money Schroeder or 6-7 Trez types. I still believe we can take this series but the title is unlikely this year. I would move back to the plan than my worked last year only finding better younger players like that.

And get a bench leader like Rondo again. We need that.

I would focus on quality role players that improve spacing and defense easier around AD/Bron. Vs focusing on more shot creators. We added two big time shot creators in Dennis and Trez. It was a pure dud.

That worked last season, but then again, LeBron was super motivated and so was AD. Last year was a dream season.

The rest of the league is stronger now, and I don't know if that roster would've won it all this year.

We need that third shot creator at guard, especially for the regular season. We need to preserve LeBron as much as possible.

Do you really think we can beat Brooklyn in the Finals next year with LeBron/AD and a bunch of role players who cannot get their own shot?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Lebrons scoring ability is on the decline…we absolutely need a legit scorer going forward
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

We need someone that can run an offense
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject:

Lebron - playmaking

AD - defense

?? - scoring
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject:

Mark my words...THT will be that guy.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Lebron - playmaking

AD - defense

?? - scoring

Durant . That’s basically the 2012 Olympics team
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

If only AD would just commit to being a center.

Schroeder
KCP
Demar
Bron
AD

Would have enough spacing.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Sign one of Mills, Conley or Derozan, and fill out the rest of the team with ring chasing vets + Drummond and Caruso

Or go balls deep and sign Conley + Timmy Hardaway, Drummond, and Caruso and rule the league until LBJ retires

Just curious, do you still have faith Drummond can work on this roster, next to AD? He's done nothing but make my eyes bleed in his 20 or so games as a Laker, and he's arguably taken Laker basketball back 20 years (one for each game he played)...again I'm completely joking, sort of...

If Drummond doesn't break the bank and is willing to come off the bench, then yes - I'd aim to bring him back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: