Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't take mine off . . . not even when I shower or brush my teeth.

My life has changed greatly, with this pandemic.

I will never be the same.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A bombshell new study claims to have proof that Chinese scientists created COVID-19 in a lab and then tried to reverse-engineer versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats.

British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen wrote they’ve had primary evidence “of retro-engineering in China” since last year, but were ignored by academics and major medical journals,

The study concludes: “the likelihood of it being the result of natural processes is very small.” The virus is still killing 12,000 people a day around the world.

Dalgleish is a London oncology professor known for breakthrough work on a vaccine for HIV. Sørensen is a virologist and chair of the pharmaceutical company Immunor,.

It was during their COVID-19 vaccine research that the pair came across “unique fingerprints” indicating the virus didn’t come from nature, they said. The telltale clue: a rare finding in the COVID-carrying virus of a row of four amino acids, which give off a positive charge and bond to negative human cells.

“The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row,” Dalgleish told the Daily Mail. “The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it.”

They also tracked published Chinese research, some done working with American universities, to show how the tools to create the virus were allegedly built. A good part of the work reviewed involved “gain of function” research, which involves manipulating natural viruses in a lab to make them more infectious, allowing scientists to study their potential effect on humans.

The U.S. put a moratorium on such research in 2014. But it’s impossible to know if $600,000 funding for medical research in China was used for gain of function research, Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress last week.

“A natural virus pandemic would be expected to mutate gradually and become more infectious but less pathogenic which is what many expected with the COVID-19 pandemic but which does not appear to have happened

Things that Make You Go Hmmm
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
A bombshell new study claims to have proof that Chinese scientists created COVID-19 in a lab and then tried to reverse-engineer versions of the virus to make it look like it evolved naturally from bats.

British Professor Angus Dalgleish and Norwegian scientist Dr. Birger Sørensen wrote they’ve had primary evidence “of retro-engineering in China” since last year, but were ignored by academics and major medical journals,

The study concludes: “the likelihood of it being the result of natural processes is very small.” The virus is still killing 12,000 people a day around the world.

Dalgleish is a London oncology professor known for breakthrough work on a vaccine for HIV. Sørensen is a virologist and chair of the pharmaceutical company Immunor,.

It was during their COVID-19 vaccine research that the pair came across “unique fingerprints” indicating the virus didn’t come from nature, they said. The telltale clue: a rare finding in the COVID-carrying virus of a row of four amino acids, which give off a positive charge and bond to negative human cells.

“The laws of physics mean that you cannot have four positively charged amino acids in a row,” Dalgleish told the Daily Mail. “The only way you can get this is if you artificially manufacture it.”

They also tracked published Chinese research, some done working with American universities, to show how the tools to create the virus were allegedly built. A good part of the work reviewed involved “gain of function” research, which involves manipulating natural viruses in a lab to make them more infectious, allowing scientists to study their potential effect on humans.

The U.S. put a moratorium on such research in 2014. But it’s impossible to know if $600,000 funding for medical research in China was used for gain of function research, Dr. Anthony Fauci told Congress last week.

“A natural virus pandemic would be expected to mutate gradually and become more infectious but less pathogenic which is what many expected with the COVID-19 pandemic but which does not appear to have happened

Things that Make You Go Hmmm

I'm keeping an open mind about the origins of the pandemic but I don't believe the bolded above is true.

There are many instances of consecutive positively charged amino acids forming charged pockets in naturally occurring proteins.

In fact, viral proteins are notorious for having positively charged regions that allow them to bind to negatively charged cells.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

<snip>

I'm keeping an open mind about the origins of the pandemic but I don't believe the bolded above is true.

There are many instances of consecutive positively charged amino acids forming charged pockets in naturally occurring proteins.

In fact, viral proteins are notorious for having positively charged regions that allow them to bind to negatively charged cells.

I found the following very informative. Doesn't focus on sensationalism, gives a full overview on the latest expert thinking, doesn't embellish or extrapolate:
A virologist unpacks the lab leak hypothesis
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

I'm a bit on edge. Los Angeles, as is much of the country, starting to open up completely.

There are so many people who are still unvaccinated. I think we're moving too fast. This virus is nowhere near under control. It won't be until the world takes it more seriously.

I'll be masking for some time to come. I've been vaccinated and I'm on the VA list to get the booster.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

The moment John Rahm was notified he tested positive for COVID and had to withdraw from The Memorial:

LINK

This (bleep) is far from over folks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I guess the question is whether he was vaccinated or not. If he wasn’t then it’s really hard to feel bad for the guy.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
From what I'm now hearing, Jon Rahm just this week received his first vaccination shot on-site at Muirfield Village, but only after he'd come in close contact with a person who had tested positive, which is why he was initially entered into the COVID protocol.

https://twitter.com/JasonSobelTAN/status/1401325094551629831?s=19
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

If that’s true he was unvaccinated and only got it after he came in contact with someone positive, I’m betting without a mask. Stupid.

No sympathy at all. You screwed yourself out of $1.6m and put yourself, your family and others at risk. Vaccine has been more than available for most for a months.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

I don’t know why, but I assumed vaccination would have been a requirement for participation, particularly if he had been exposed. He shouldn’t been allowed to participate if there was any question regarding the exposure. Very irresponsible of him and the PGA.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Newsom is doing a good job.

Quote:
California is one of only two states considered to have low levels of community coronavirus transmission, a designation that underscores its continued progress toward extinguishing the pandemic a week ahead of the planned reopening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/latimes/status/1401975181048881156
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The moment John Rahm was notified he tested positive for COVID and had to withdraw from The Memorial:

LINK

This (bleep) is far from over folks.

Its not going away, it will be like the flu where there will be new variants and mutations everywhere. That being said, I do think we have to eventually transition back to "normal" life or as close to normal before this thing hit us in late 2019/early 2020.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I don’t know why, but I assumed vaccination would have been a requirement for participation, particularly if he had been exposed. He shouldn’t been allowed to participate if there was any question regarding the exposure. Very irresponsible of him and the PGA.

I get why he had to withdrawal, and I can even accept that it is on him since anyone that wants to get vaccinated has been able to for a while at this point. Still, I am not sure it would have been a problem to allow him to continue with conditions as long as his caddy was vaccinated. Transmission outside is thought to be almost non-existent and golf is an easy sport to maintain social distancing. I really do not see a problem if they had asked to him to wear an N95 mask and allowed him to continue if he had no symptoms.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I get why he had to withdrawal, and I can even accept that it is on him since anyone that wants to get vaccinated has been able to for a while at this point. Still, I am not sure it would have been a problem to allow him to continue with conditions as long as his caddy was vaccinated. Transmission outside is thought to be almost non-existent and golf is an easy sport to maintain social distancing. I really do not see a problem if they had asked to him to wear an N95 mask and allowed him to continue if he had no symptoms.

I get where you're coming from and I don't necessarily disagree, but they have set protocols in place and I think it is important to stick to them. I'm sure when it became known he had been exposed and was told to vaccinate so he could participate, he was also informed of the 15 day quarantine if he was tested positive. To allow him to forgo that wouldn't be a great look, especially if it had the appearance that they were doing so because he was in the lead.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A higher-than-usual number of cases of a type of heart inflammation has been reported following Covid-19 vaccination, especially among young men following their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

Overall, 226 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis after vaccination in people younger than age 30 have been confirmed, Dr. Tom Shimabukuro, deputy director of the CDC's Immunization Safety Office, said during a presentation to a Food and Drug Administration advisory group.

Heart Inflamation
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Magnets, how do they work? This anti-vaccine nurse in Ohio has no idea

https://twitter.com/Tylerjoelb/status/1402646586379878409?s=20
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

People actually believe that stuff. Look at the reaction of the woman behind her.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

People actually believe that stuff. Look at the reaction of the woman behind her.

The one on the right side is wearing a “yes on 248” shirt so she supports this ridiculous “anti vaccine discrimination” bill they are going on about, but her face says to me “ok even I think this woman is loco.” Probably realized she was hurting the cause by going full QAnon. You never go full QAnon. I also like the woman on the back left.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:

The one on the right side is wearing a “yes on 248” shirt so she supports this ridiculous “anti vaccine discrimination” bill they are going on about, but her face says to me “ok even I think this woman is loco.” Probably realized she was hurting the cause by going full QAnon. You never go full QAnon. I also like the woman on the back left.

I saw it as "Whoa, that (bleep) is real!"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Got 1st dose of Pfizer. Hope I didn't get the generic Marcus Fizer instead.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

You might not feel much . . . in the way of a reaction. I felt almost nothing, either time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

You got the fizzer from LaCroix.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine on Tuesday. Later that night just had a sore arm. Next day I felt sick/fatigued/feverish, but it went away when I woke up on Thursday.

I was actually glad to have that kind of side effects/immune response because hopefully it means that my body will soon be an awesome death chamber for SARS-CoV-2.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

You got the fizzer from LaCroix.

I got the punishing shtz today that come w/ the Fizzer vax. Ugh. Woke up this mor-nin...got myself some tee pee... Imodium has proven useless, too. I gotta take a shower every time to lather up my orifice, of course.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine on Tuesday. Later that night just had a sore arm. Next day I felt sick/fatigued/feverish, but it went away when I woke up on Thursday.

I was actually glad to have that kind of side effects/immune response because hopefully it means that my body will soon be an awesome death chamber for SARS-CoV-2.

My sis had that reaction from the 2nd shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 246, 247, 248 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 247 of 318
Jump to: