Your 2021 Lakers Free Agents - Who do you want Re-signed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

Hard to make decisions without knowing the overall plan.

Letting them all walk may be a great emotional response but then the reality of how to replace them becomes very real.

Lakers have limited resources to replace them. Even combining a couple for a trade becomes problematic with the bench depth issues.

Honestly have no clue on what I would do at the moment. Pelinka has an almost impossible job this summer. Finding a way to revamp this roster with “quality “ players is going to be rough. I don’t envy his position or the decisions that need to be made.

All with James/ Klutch looking over his shoulder. Good luck!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

activeverb wrote:
Hazzell -- love to have him opt in, because I think he'd be tradeable.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's a good point. He's got a tough decision. If he opts out, he runs the risk of being one of those guys who get stuck taking the vet min because no one wants to spend cap space or an exception on them. There may or may not be a market for his services after this season. Six months ago, I would have thought that someone would make him a large offer, but at this point it is not obvious. On the other hand, if he opts in, he gets paid the full MLE for a year, but mostly likely gets traded somewhere. That's not an appealing scenario, either.

He will need to make the decision before he really knows what the market will look like. That's a tough call. On the other hand, he is linked to Team Lebron through Rich Paul, so he may get bailed out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Lakers need to consider opportunistic THT trades if available. Salary filler would likely have to be Kuz and another 1st. Not sure if that’s enough to get a more dependable 3rd guy.

Not a third option unless he is a legit all-star. You saw the awful results of Dennis and Trez. We need to use that trade package (that you suggested) to attain a major weakness on this team that was exposed.

A stretch legit 5. I know those are hard to find, as some stretch bigs will give you spacing but no defense. And then some will block shots and board but give you no spacing (Dwight, Drummond).

But what we need is that big that can do both, as it will allow us to keep operating to our strengths which is to have AD and Bron get into isolations against smalls, draw doubles or just keep scoring over them. We can not do that with a 5 that has no threat from outside.

I would go for someone like Myles Turner if he were available. I know this is not going to be popular, but I legit think we can win another ring around AD and Bron. But we need to give them the same level defense, only with better spacing. The spacing issues will plague us, especially since old Bron can not drive as much, and needs to usually get mismatches in isolations.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

So here's my question on a PG - all available will be flawed unless one comes back in a S&T (DS/Kuz etc. as fodder). So my question is about choosing between 2 different type of likely flaws:
- natural/talented distributor who can't shoot (so 3P% <= Schroeders)
- mediocre distributor (but better than AC) that can shoot the 3 (both spot and at volume)

Which one would you pick?
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

None of them. They had 2 games with LeBron James to get the job done. You get what you give, lose and you deserve to be gone. This was the season pattern, this crew let down AD and LeBron when they were injured. Their Legacy.... Talented, but Failures.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject:

nbaDrafter laid it out well.

-We don’t have a good alternative to Shroeder.
-Drummond is fine for the vet min or slightly above. Don’t waste money on bigs in the modern NBA.
-THT and AC are musts.
-Harrell will assuredly opt out.
-The rest are replacement level or worse.
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

You obviously keep THT

They gave up on the chance to take a proven vet winner in Lowry to retain him,and nothing has changed on that front

Alex Caruso is a keeper too,solid player who can give you many little valuable things

Everybody else down the toilet
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

Keep Caruso, THT, possibly Matthews.

Some posters still discount what AC adds when AD and LBJ are healthy. If you want to erode the Lakers' ability to win titles, you can't touch AD or LBJ, but you can steal AC and this team gets a lot thinner on defense. We have scorers, but excellent defense is not easy to replicate with just any player.

THT has a ton of potential once he gets a bit more experience, although he likely could help in a trade as well.

Matthews for minimum and if he's willing.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Caruso is the only one I really want to keep.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

I with most of you, would keep Caruso and THT, maybe.

Don't want anyone else back....

I think the Lakers need to focus on shooters who can defend and a good rim protector.

Lakers need guys that can create their own shots, a la THT.

and we need an offensive minded coach to help Vogel if he is still around. Jason Kidd isn't that guy. Our offense is terrible and when you don't have shooters, spacing, etc., the offense just looks pitiful.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's a good point. He's got a tough decision. If he opts out, he runs the risk of being one of those guys who get stuck taking the vet min because no one wants to spend cap space or an exception on them. There may or may not be a market for his services after this season. Six months ago, I would have thought that someone would make him a large offer, but at this point it is not obvious. On the other hand, if he opts in, he gets paid the full MLE for a year, but mostly likely gets traded somewhere. That's not an appealing scenario, either.

He will need to make the decision before he really knows what the market will look like. That's a tough call. On the other hand, he is linked to Team Lebron through Rich Paul, so he may get bailed out.

I think Trez will command more than the vet min. I think most NBA teams will realize how much we misused him.

But if he opts in, he is actually a great trade asset.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

we need a legit all star of borderline all star.

DS was great during our bron/Ad-less games but a slight upgrade regardless of position is needed for our 3rd best player role.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

I can only see THT and Caruso coming back.

Wouldn't mind Drummond and McLemore coming back too, if cheap.

And Harrell isn't a free agent, but I would love to have him back too. Just don't see him opting in after Vogel inexplicably put him in the dog house for the last quarter of the season.

Schroeder can GTH. Nobody is going to miss him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

Assuming Harrell opts in and Dennis is willing to pay ball on a S&T, it's not all doom and gloom like people want to make it seem.

- Get healthy
- S&T Dennis,. Ideal world - Lowry (S&T)
- See what's going on in Indy with Turner and Warren. Offer Harrell, Kuzma, THT, #22 for Turner, Warren
- Re-sign Caruso
- Bring back Dwight on vet min (if he'll take it)
- James Johnson on minimum
- Alec Burks on mMLE (might be too light for him)
- Vet min end of bench guys like Ariza, Mills, Bazemore, Gibson
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

[quote="Nash Vegas"]Schröder - free agent

Drummond - if takes MLE sign him

Harrell - *Doesnt fit in playoffs

Caruso - re sign if reasonable

Matthews - resign of bench

Morris - re sign

Horton-Tucker - re sign if not expensive

McLemore - re sign if cheap

Dudley - He is just taking up space

DS. he doesn't seem to fit at his price. S&T but don't keep

The biggest need is a playmaking PG to spell Lebron
And a rim protector.
A consistent outside shooter. Trade Kuz if neck
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Caruso
KCP
THT
Lebron
AD
Morris.
Gasol

Only guys I want back. Everyone else can gtfo

ESPECIALLY Kuzma and Schroeder.

Can’t believe people actually thought Kuzma was the best out of the young core.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

100% KEEP - Lebron, Caruso, THT

50% if there's a deal to get a future #1/1B - AD

VET MINS - Gasol, Kief

GO FOCK YOSELVES - The ones not mentioned
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

there is a lot of teams with big cap spaces this off season and this is also a pretty weak FA class.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

THT - 100% bring back.

Caruso - If the price is right, bring back.

Drummond - For MLE, bring back, get in better shape.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

Caruso & THT.

Morris and McLemore are welcomed back if they are willing to take the minimum...

Wes at minimum is good too. Guy is a professional that doesn’t talk too much and plays hard.

Last edited by LakerSD on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

THT and Caruso. If McLemore accepts a veteran min contract I'd take a look at keeping him as well.

The others can kick rocks.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

That's a tough list and even tougher crowd. Not sure coach and GM were on the same page here. I think the plan was Dennis/Trez recreating the P&R magic that LouWill had with Trez for the bench. I also think they wanted to run a lot with Trez/AD that was done in by ADs injuries. I am not sure either come back now. I would have loved to see Dennis play 35mpg off the bench. He fashions himself a starter. He was the 3rd best player most of the year. Too streaky for me from outside.

If it was possible Drummond, THT and Caruso then shooters, shooters, shooters. Look for guys that are consistent shooters, not streaky shooters. You got LBJ/AD you will get open 3s. Knock them down.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

I also bring back McLemore on min deal. He isn't getting much anywhere else and provides a skill they don't have a lot of.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

Schröder - No thanks, will cost too much for what he brings.

Drummond - Only for cheap. I could see him being good for what we want to do as a team but he needs more time with the team.

Harrell - I like him but he doesn't fit. Sorry Harrell.

Caruso - Yes, absolutely.

Matthews - Yes, I like what he brings and he was playing hard to the bitter end.

Morris - Yeah, as an end of the bench kind of guy.

Horton-Tucker - Yes, absolutely.

McLemore - Sure, he can have the quinn cook spot. He needs some more defensive coaching because he is lost out there at times.

Dudley - Obviously, he is our key player.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

none of the above
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: