Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

Davis needs to devote his entire off season to his body. Needs to do the kind of work that Lebron and Tom Brady do in keeping themselves strong from head to toe. Probably needs a nutritionist also.

I don’t think Davis devotes nearly enough time and money to his body. It shows. He needs stronger legs, core, etc., he’s way too brittle.

Just my opinion….
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Davis needs to devote his entire off season to his body. Needs to do the kind of work that Lebron and Tom Brady do in keeping themselves strong from head to toe. Probably needs a nutritionist also.

Agree. Every professional player should do it, actually.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

yeah AD is strange
he just need to work on his core, balance and center of gravity

AD is listed at 6'10

Kevin Garnet was 6'11 skinny just like AD and wasn't hurt so much
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

Anthony was moving like old Kareem with the groin injury.

He needs to work on the small things
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

i understand it is frustrating with AD's injuries.
if we want him to be healthy, we shouldn't expect him to go bang in the low post too often. the mid range jumper is a good way of balancing his game. i hope he can work on his 3 ball more this off season.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yeah AD is strange

AD is listed at 6'10

KG has a very different build. He's leaner and longer than AD. His torso is longer. His max weight was 240-250.

AD has long legs, I think he's too heavy for his frame (looks around 250s). To me he needs to get leaner and drop 10 pounds. Do yoga to increase flexibility and work on his core to avoid injuries.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yeah AD is strange

AD is listed at 6'10

KG has a very different build. He's leaner and longer than AD. His torso is longer. His max weight was 240-250.

AD has long legs, I think he's too heavy for his frame (looks around 250s). To me he needs to get leaner and drop 10 pounds. Do yoga to increase flexibility and work on his core to avoid injuries.

yeah def.

i suspect given that hes now on lakers and had these injuries hell work more on that this summer
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

AD should just move in with LeBron. do EXACTLY everything he does right next to him whether it's training or nutrition.

it's good they don't live that far from each other now. bel air vs. brentwood.

AD23 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yeah AD is strange

AD is listed at 6'10

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
AD should just move in with LeBron. do EXACTLY everything he does right next to him whether it's training or nutrition.

it's good they don't live that far from each other now. bel air vs. brentwood.

AD23 wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
yeah AD is strange

AD is listed at 6'10

you can Argue Lebron is THE most physically gifted player in the history of NBA. even with the ankle injury, his head was still at the rim level when he dunks. i don't think AD's body is that gifted.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

(AD is not soft. I've seen him dominate every big at one point or another)

His conditioning? Brittle? Some of this for sure. Has knee to groin issues. Needs to greatly expanding his preventive maintenance, training regime, etc.

His style of play? I put a lot on this. He does NOT go up and extend vertically and then land on TWO solid feet able to switch weight if one leg/foot lands wrong. Instead he constantly goes up off axis, one leg bended, scissor kicks forward or back, rotates his axis midair, bodies up his defender midair while moving sideways. All of this and more results in come down on one leg/foot angled off-balance. Bam. Usually the floor 2+ times per quarter. Even AI couldn't handle it. AD a big? Recipe for you know what. BUT fixes and changes can be made, hard but can be done.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

very true, AD falls down like a baby giraffe. you can tell LBJ actually practices falling down. i'm serious. if there's a "form" for falling on your ass, lebron is downright majestic. LOL!

_#1_ wrote:
(AD is not soft. I've seen him dominate every big at one point or another)

His conditioning? Brittle? Some of this for sure. Has knee to groin issues. Needs to greatly expanding his preventive maintenance, training regime, etc.

His style of play? I put a lot on this. He does NOT go up and extend vertically and then land on TWO solid feet able to switch weight if one leg/foot lands wrong. Instead he constantly goes up off axis, one leg bended, scissor kicks forward or back, rotates his axis midair, bodies up his defender midair while moving sideways. All of this and more results in come down on one leg/foot angled off-balance. Bam. Usually the floor 2+ times per quarter. Even AI couldn't handle it. AD a big? Recipe for you know what. BUT fixes and changes can be made, hard but can be done.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

His body isn't built right. He's an injury waiting to happen even when fully healthy. Well, he's gonna be with us for a long time so all we can do is pray to the basketball gods every year that he stays healthy. I don't think we could move on from him unless another team wants to take a chance on him and makes us a offer we can't refuse.

Who taught him to fall down after every driving layup or did he learn that on his own? And stop making him into a 3-pt shooter. It makes him passive. He would have to shoot over 40% at threes in order to justify giving up a high percentage post-up/layup/dunk.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
His body isn't built right. He's an injury waiting to happen even when fully healthy. Well, he's gonna be with us for a long time so all we can do is pray to the basketball gods every year that he stays healthy. I don't think we could move on from him unless another team wants to take a chance on him and makes us a offer we can't refuse.

My recollection is that AD was not very tall and then shot up as a either a junior or senior in high school.

It is what it is.

I'm sure there are things he can do to increase strength, agility, flexibility, but there are certain things he probably just can't change.

We are fortunate that he was healthy last fall and we won the title.

He and Lebron both probably should have missed the first 10-15 games of the season We still likely would have been the #7/8 seed, only healthy.

See you in the fall.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The physical problems AD has unfortunately can't be solved in one off-season, and should have been being worked on for years.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Now would be a good time for that hyperbolic time chamber.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

AD was smart to sign the extension offer. Maybe it wasn't the super duper max that it could have been, but he knows his injury history better than anyone. Maybe he should work with KAJ on things that can help a big man stay on the floor.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I like chuck calling him out on his offseason training
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
AD was smart to sign the extension offer. Maybe it wasn't the super duper max that it could have been, but he knows his injury history better than anyone. Maybe he should work with KAJ on things that can help a big man stay on the floor.

He actually said that’s why he signed the long term deal instead 1+1
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Agree. Every professional player should do it, actually.

If I'm AD I'd do this, and with all that $$ go ahead and grab whatever program LBJ uses that costs $1m a year, that's focused on AD's needs. Agree on yoga. Heck, get some dancing in as well (as in a daily routine, nothing with the splits or something insane like that), as that can help overall agility and safely reacting to body positioning to avoid issues.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject:

Has to pull MVP/DPOY next season after this one
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I’m still convinced AD hurt that Achilles in the finals and never had time to get right. Lakers called it a heel contusion, I still think there was more to it.

Here’s the play in case anyone forgot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M--IRVucDW8
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

For all the “he just needs a full offseason” talk, I’m not convinced that he won’t be day to Davis next season too.

It’s up to him to invest in his body and find a way to get through the games without having to go to the locker room once per week. No better guy to ask than LBJ.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
i understand it is frustrating with AD's injuries.
if we want him to be healthy, we shouldn't expect him to go bang in the low post too often. the mid range jumper is a good way of balancing his game. i hope he can work on his 3 ball more this off season.

I've always felt he would greatly benefit a fadeaway ala KG, which would give his scoring more economy.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
For all the “he just needs a full offseason” talk, I’m not convinced that he won’t be day to Davis next season too.

It’s up to him to invest in his body and find a way to get through the games without having to go to the locker room once per week. No better guy to ask than LBJ.

Yeah. It's hard to take 2020 as an example of him being able to stay healthy, since he did have a 4-month break in the middle of it, and then started breaking down near the end of the playoffs.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I like the idea of AD doing yoga, especially if he can't or won't learn how to fall or land properly. I read Kareem was a devoted yogi, and he never really had any injuries.

I guess flexibility helps give your ligaments, muscles and soft tissue more stability when you place your body in a compromising orientation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1076, 1077, 1078 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1077 of 1425
Jump to: