Your 2021 Lakers Free Agents - Who do you want Re-signed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Mainly, I want 2020 LeBron and 2020 AD.

If we can reasonably expect this, then get the guys who want to be here, are the best bang for the buck, and fit: Caruso @5-6M, and Harrell @ 9.7M (if he takes it) seem to be good values; THT* @ 1.9M is a no-brainer. Schroder @ 100M seems to be a fair price, provided it is in pesos--thanks to Rob Perez for that.

*In this scenario, maybe trade THT.

We can always hope someone remembers only that potential of his first year, and really wants Kuzma.

As for everyone else, it really depends on their demands.

If we cannot reasonably expect LeBron and AD to be back to their old selves, or we can, but we expect either, or both, to be riddled with injury--which is as much the likelihood as not--it really won't matter. In this scenario, keep THT.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

THT due to age and Lakers still need some youth on the team. Everyone else on the roster are replaceable. Caruso would want him back, but he seems to always get banged up with injuries and can't count on AC to play starter minutes for a full season due to how hard he plays that leads to the injuries imo. Morris as well since he can be that tweener forward that can come off the bench, start, or may not even need to play if it's a bad matchup. The Laker players that actually were part of the title team should be signed back, including Dudley, but everyone else can go.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

AC, THT and McLemore.

McLemore needs to be on a non-guaranteed make good contract. If he stinks it up early, cut him. The only reason I say to keep him is to see if his shooting catches on. If his shooting straightens out (becomes more consistent) then they should keep him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Harrell, Schröder, THT, Gasol

The rest can go if they are so inclined. Drummond can stay if its for the vets minimum.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Bring back Caruso, THT, Schroder (Explore trades on Dec. 15), Wes (vet min) and Kieff (vet min).

I think Trez opts out.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: List of 2021 Lakers FA - Who do you want back?

Nash Vegas wrote:
Schröder - free agent

Drummond - free agent

Harrell - *player option

Caruso - free agent

Matthews - free agent

Morris - free agent

Horton-Tucker - free agent

McLemore - free agent

Dudley - free agent

Caruso and THT need to be retained assuming we're not trying to match some ridiculous offer from another team.

If Morris is willing to come back on another minimum deal, I absolutely want him back as well. People are far too quick to look past what he gave us during last year's title run. Great toughness and sometimes a strong 3ball. Very difficult to find a better role player at that price and we obviously need players his size to backup AD. Also, I think he does a pretty good job as a small-ball center given his paycheck.

McLemore - same as Morris. Solid role player if he stays for the minimum. Vogel didn't use him nearly enough.

Even though many people want Harrell gone, I hope he opts in no matter who else will be on the roster. That gives us a nice trade chip if nothing else. Otherwise, we lose the cap space usage since no MLE available until the following offseason.

Shroeder is a similar story to Harrell. Aside from the FRP that was spent to obtain him, I'm much more concerned about losing the cap space if he goes elsewhere. Either resign him with an eye towards trading him later or S&T to make sure we're maintaining our cap space being used beyond the soft cap.

No thanks to Matthews unless he wants to stick around for the minimum AND we're not able to find a younger wing defender.

No to Drummond. There's a reason he was available to us for peanuts. That guy doesn't deserve to wear the purple and gold. Period.

Dudley - good guy but I wouldn't waste a roster spot on him unless we're not able to find another vet min guy that can actually contribute on the floor. Then again, not a huge deal either way. I'm essentially indifferent since he's understood as an end-of-the-bench player to serve as a strong locker room presence.

I really do have to wonder how Harrell and DS would look alongside Bron and AD if we had a different coach and system in place. But, I'm not as down on Vogel as some. This is the same guy that lead us to a title. Sometimes Laker Nation is all too quick to turn on people. Really depends on whether or not he can see his own shortcomings with managing the rotations this year and map out a real plan to correct it going forward.

Last edited by Rek on Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I'd definitely bring back Schroder if we can't miraculously get another PG/playmaker better than him, or at least that fits next to Bron and AD better. At minimum, he becomes a tradeable asset down the line, assuming the contract is reasonable (which it should be now...).

THT, of course, is a no brainer re-signing. You just have to get that deal done, and hopefully Klutch plays ball with us as they have in the past.

Caruso would be the last of my must haves, and he's the one I'm most worried about, though I'm hopeful that the relationship he's built with the team and FO helps to seal the deal on him returning.

Then, I'd love to see Gasol back with a partial year under his belt next to AD/Bron, just to build off that chemistry. I'd assume this time - if he does come back - he'd be well aware and accepting of his role, which would likely be as a backup big. And obviously, how do you say no to Wes at the vet min? If Drummond is willing to run it back for cheap, he's in that same boat.

Everyone else can go, though after going through the full list, I was surprised at how many of them I'd actually like back. If you take recent emotion out of the equation, we had a damn good roster that needs some tweaks, but isn't far off from being well-suited to Bron and AD's strengths and weaknesses. I'd love to turn Kuz and the 1st, maybe KCP if needed, into a 3rd scorer who can hit open threes (someone on the Gallo tier), and get a few more shooters into those end of bench roster spots (Mclemore, as an example), but that's probably what I'm looking at as an ideal offseason to balance the roster out a bit.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Schröder - re-sign

Drummond - re-sign for minimum

Harrell - hope for player option

Caruso - let become a free agent or re-sign for minimum

Matthews - let become a free agent

Morris - LET BECOME A FREE AGENT

Horton-Tucker - re-sign

McLemore - re-sign

Dudley - coaching staff
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder- sign and trade

THT - a must

Caruso -a must

Drummond - minimum just for regular season

Trez - It’s his choice but hopefully
Vogel play him at 4.

Kief - yes got minimum

I just hope Rob can find value like the Clips did with Batam and Reggie Jackson .
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Don’t really care who we bring back other than DS/Trez because how salary cap is set up, we can’t resign anyone better.

BUT CAN WE PLEASE not start the same crap again where people are literally naming off all-stars or legitimate starters and thinking they are going to jump to play with Bron for peanuts compared to what other teams will offer? We had people on here talking about guys that ended up signing for 10-15m a year saying they would accept vet min etc. We are year four (will be) with Bron and yet has a legitimate “starter” signed here for significantly less than what they could have got on open market. Plan on basically the same roster with minimal change unless we figure out a way to package Kuz etc for an upgrade.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

With having a normal off season and pre season.

DS - sign (plays hard and a must can’t afford to lose to FA)
THT - sign (could eventually be a cornerstone as he matures)
AC - sign (great defender and LBJ trust)
Kief - sign (we need that stretch and tough mentality)
Montrez - would like to get something in return
Drummond - depend on price can be replaced
Wes - sign for a vet min (really liked what I saw lately - if his post interview is any indication he will get his 3pt shot back)
Mclemore - can go just no defense
Duds - 15th man (great locker room guy)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Well, like we signed Harrell, another team bound to do the same with AC, he gonna get paid but if we're lucky then re-sign him 100%

THT is a must keep or S&T for part of bringing a 3rd superstar

DS is another must keep just cause we can't replace him within the cap

everyone else is replacable
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

THT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DS doesn’t seem to be a popular choice among Lakers fans these days, but if we let him go, who are we replacing him with?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:48 am    Post subject:

Morris
Matthews
Caruso
THT

AD, Morris
LBJ, Kuz
KCP, Matthews
THT, Caruso
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

THT
AC
Marc

Everyone else I could take or leave.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

If Trezz opts in, Lakers can have a trade package of $36 million with Kuzma and KCP, all 3 players average age of just 26.6 years.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
If Trezz opts in, Lakers can have a trade package of $36 million with Kuzma and KCP, all 3 players average age of just 26.6 years.

I don't think that's a particularly enticing trade package. All of them are solid, but unspectacular journeyman without any apparent upside. I could see them being used to balance salaries, but they wouldn't be the reason that a team would want to trade with us.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I don't think that's a particularly enticing trade package. All of them are solid, but unspectacular journeyman without any apparent upside. I could see them being used to balance salaries, but they wouldn't be the reason that a team would want to trade with us.

Looking at Kuz and KCP...I wonder if it would entice Miami to trade us Robinson and Dragic....why would Miami do it? Kuz more athletic wing and KCP better defender than Robinson and maybe Miami is ready to hand the PG duties fulltime to Nunn. Just a thought. It would also allow us to walk away from DS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: