Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Vogel needs to utilize THT. Matthews experience means nothing if he can’t produce like in Game 4. Give THT a short leash and see what he can do off the bench.

Wes been ok, KCP-lite in covering Booker. Let THT get some of Kuzma/McLemore minutes
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma was atrocious offensively in Game 4. I’m okay with cutting his minutes.Some of THT drives could help put Ayton in foul trouble and open the lane for Lebron. I would take Finals KCP over the lot of them at this point for sure. Hope he plays too.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

"BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY"

Officially time to break the glass and give THT some minutes. He, Lebron and Schroeder are the only players on our team that can create their own shots.

Notwithstanding the above, THT must be playing with Schroeder or Lebron at all times. NO BALL HANDLING PLEASE!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
"BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY"

Officially time to break the glass and give THT some minutes. He, Lebron and Schroeder are the only players on our team that can create their own shots.

Notwithstanding the above, THT must be playing with Schroeder or Lebron at all times. NO BALL HANDLING PLEASE!

THT needs the ball though. He's not a reliable shooter at this point.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

11 points, 11 rebounds in 15 minutes vs. Schroeder, KCP combined zero points in a combined 41 minutes of playing time.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

The only reason he's not starting over Schroder is because of his age and inexperience. Probably the only dynamic player on the team not named Lebron or AD. He's going to be good once he gets that 3pt stroke down. Love his frame and motor.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
11 points, 11 rebounds in 15 minutes vs. Schroeder, KCP combined zero points in a combined 41 minutes of playing time.

I have to think that if Vogel gave THT his regular 6-7 minutes in the second quarter we would have been in it a bit longer instead of scoring 2 points for the longest time. When THT came in he scored 4 points in no time. Wes got those minutes and was missing his shots and getting burned by Booker. When a guard (THT) gets 11 boards in 15 minutes, he wants to win and is busting his a$$.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Still have faith that this kid is going to be a stud. He should be untouchable in the offseason.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
The only reason he's not starting over Schroder is because of his age and inexperience. Probably the only dynamic player on the team not named Lebron or AD. He's going to be good once he gets that 3pt stroke down. Love his frame and motor.

Should have split minutes all year with DS to improve the TEAM.. but Nope..

He is the closest thing we have to TNT on this team not named LeBron

Future Highlight Reel
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

3 Ball
Left hand
Watch film on Defense.

He has the tools. Big summer ahead.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Future Highlight Reel

I would have played him more as a combo SG/SF but we had a SF logjam.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Future Highlight Reel

I would have played him more as a combo SG/SF but we had a SF logjam.

Time to give him Kuzma minutes
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Keep this kid at all cost
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Keep this kid at all cost

I don't think Lakers will be able to afford him. He was already coveted by a lot of teams. His agent gonna get him a pretty good deal and it probably won't be with us.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject:

THT will be an integral part of whether the AD-LBJ era has another title.

A) Either he will need to step up and become a consistent player at what most of us see him capable of by next season. A 3rd shot creator, a great playmaker (unlike Dennis, THT is pass first) and a threat from outside as a shooter. That is a very very high expectation. It may not be realistic he reaches that next year.

B) If he can not reach that level by next year, we need to seriously consider moving him for a player that can. Lowry may have been a Laker had we been willing to move THT in the deal.

Personally I think we need to start him. Cut ties with Dennis, and let him be one of our starters. THT, KCP, and get a stretch 5 that can anchor. What we need to focus in with our limited FA resources is a veteran PG ala Elfird Payton or someone that can floor general.

The RS can be a 82 game development for THT in his role. But, none of that can happen, unless THT goes Kobe on us this summer. 1000 made jumpshots a day. Something crazy like that. He has to get comfortable in catch and shoot situations.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THT will be an integral part of whether the AD-LBJ era has another title.

A) Either he will need to step up and become a consistent player at what most of us see him capable of by next season. A 3rd shot creator, a great playmaker (unlike Dennis, THT is pass first) and a threat from outside as a shooter. That is a very very high expectation. It may not be realistic he reaches that next year.

B) If he can not reach that level by next year, we need to seriously consider moving him for a player that can. Lowry may have been a Laker had we been willing to move THT in the deal.

Personally I think we need to start him. Cut ties with Dennis, and let him be one of our starters. THT, KCP, and get a stretch 5 that can anchor. What we need to focus in with our limited FA resources is a veteran PG ala Elfird Payton or someone that can floor general.

The RS can be a 82 game development for THT in his role. But, none of that can happen, unless THT goes Kobe on us this summer. 1000 made jumpshots a day. Something crazy like that. He has to get comfortable in catch and shoot situations.

100% wolf. THT's fate with the Lakers is intertwined with how serious the organisation is about gunning for another chip with Lebron. Go all out to win now, or do their best to win while holding onto potential.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

The issue i see with THT as a starter next year are mainly twofold.

Shooting. His 3 is a major liability out there, worse than Dennis. Without at least a 33% level 3, he makes the spacing even more difficult.

Defense. Against starting level guards he will be in major foul trouble. Teams started picking on him defensively and looking to iso him.

These are MAJOR developmental areas but if Dennis and/or AC leave we may have no choice. My ideal is for him to be moved up to more of a 6th man role while he works on these things. Remember, if they are serious about contending, THT as starter may not be the best way yet. And I’m high on THT. At the time didn’t want him traded for Lowry though in retrospect that’s something we will question for a long time.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

Even if DS is not here next season, I don't expect THT to start. Caruso can be the starting PG
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Even if DS is not here next season, I don't expect THT to start. Caruso can be the starting PG

I see that too if Dennis is gone and we don’t find another FA PG.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

I don’t see “starting PG” when watching THT. I see Sixth Man type energy wand skills. He can be an impact player for the Lakers at that role.

The reality is James will continue to be the main ball handler and initiator of the offense until the day he retires. He doesn’t want me or even play at his best when trying to be off ball or posting up.

THT has skills. He may need a couple more seasons to reach his full potential. I hope the Lakers can be patient enough to utilize them. Especially if they are preparing for post James. Having a developed THT to take over the starting PG role would be interesting when paired with Davis in the offense.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

I see that too if Dennis is gone and we don’t find another FA PG.

I will only use vet min to sign PG even if DS is gone. The draft pick and MLE should be used on a wing and center if no trade happens. Caruso + THT at the PG spot is not a bad option at all.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I don’t see “starting PG” when watching THT. I see Sixth Man type energy wand skills. He can be an impact player for the Lakers at that role.

The reality is James will continue to be the main ball handler and initiator of the offense until the day he retires. He doesn’t want me or even play at his best when trying to be off ball or posting up.

THT has skills. He may need a couple more seasons to reach his full potential. I hope the Lakers can be patient enough to utilize them. Especially if they are preparing for post James. Having a developed THT to take over the starting PG role would be interesting when paired with Davis in the offense.

I want THT to be a good player but he might be over-hyped in LG just like Clarkson and Kuzma few years ago. Both players, when asked to focus more on defense, forgot their offensive, and when Clarkson was asked to just focus on scoring, he earns himsef 6th man of the year.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

I want THT to be a good player but he might be over-hyped in LG just like Clarkson and Kuzma few years ago. Both players, when asked to focus more on defense, forgot their offensive, and when Clarkson was asked to just focus on scoring, he earns himsef 6th man of the year.

Fair point. Young players need to know their roles and keep it simplified as they develop. Clarkson’s progression is a solid expectation for a 21-24 yr old THT. He may not win the Sixth Man but filling that role on a Lakers squad could be extremely helpful. Especially if THT continues to develop and can minimize his out of control moments and become more efficient. As I said, talent is there.

I also see the same issue as why as Schroder failed. Any strategy that suggests consistently taking the ball out of James’ hands is bound to fail. And a waste of player talent.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

Fair point. Young players need to know their roles and keep it simplified as they develop. Clarkson’s progression is a solid expectation for a 21-24 yr old THT. He may not win the Sixth Man but filling that role on a Lakers squad could be extremely helpful. Especially if THT continues to develop and can minimize his out of control moments and become more efficient. As I said, talent is there.

I also see the same issue as why as Schroder failed. Any strategy that suggests consistently taking the ball out of James’ hands is bound to fail. And a waste of player talent.

Yea, you can see Schroder overthink too much on offense from time to time. He didn't know whether he should attack or just give the ball to LBJ and let him operate.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Yea, you can see Schroder overthink too much on offense from time to time. He didn't know whether he should attack or just give the ball to LBJ and let him operate.

That is the exact point though. The obvious answer is “give the ball to James”. Really is no other answer. That is the offense they run.

All the discussion about “getting a ball handler” in the starting lineup to rest James is useless. James wants and needs the ball in his hands.

It is a hard adjustment to make. As an example, I still remember when Clarkson, Nance and Hood were traded to the Cavs mid season. All came from ball sharing offenses. Rebound and go was their experience. I watched a lot of the Cavs games around that time. It was evident and compelling to watch the transition they all made in just a few games. You could see the hesitation and second guessing themselves as the made the mental adjustment.

Same issue with Schroder and the Lakers. Rebound and find James is the offense. Players accept that. And I’m not saying it is a bad thing. James is the facilitator, always will be. But it is an adjustment.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 127 of 202
Jump to: