OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 866, 867, 868 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I accept that for a 27th pick, Kuz turned out to be above average, which is rare. I don't want this post to seem like blind hate of him, because I'm beyond that point from screaming and rolling my eyes at him during games. But, the criticism of him, despite all his development into a solid role player on a contending team, comes down to one point.

He talks way too much for a guy who shrinks way too much during the most crucial moments. When the team needs him, he doesn't show up, more often than not. And I'd love for someone here to prove me wrong on that point, but all the evidence built up during the last two playoffs (and all the time he had to step up without Lebron and AD in the regular season) is pretty hard to ignore. I don't know what happened to summer league/rookie Kuz, but the guy we have now plays scared whenever the light shines on him.

So I'm sorry, but there's no place for a player like that on THIS team, where we need role players that can step up (particularly on offense) and support Lebron and AD when called upon. We just don't have that margin for error. If we can somehow turn him into a player like Bertans, by all means, do it.

What happened was Hollywood. What happened was the hunger. What happened was that chip on his shoulder isn't there.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

He’s been bad for a while. Totally regressed since summer league tbh. Only ones hurt or bothered by him right now are the ones who believed regardless of the evidence. I’m not shocked and I didn’t expect anything from him this year. If anything he exceeded expectations for a little while during the year and he stepped it up defensively which I must give him props for. Move along..if anything be mad at yourself for thinking Kuz was going to be a worthwhile piece for this team. This isn’t a case where you say oh he didn’t have the chances..he’s had plenty of chances and minutes over the years to prove himself and solidify himself as a worthwhile player. He never did. (bleep) as of now he’s a scrub compared to Cameron Payne. Who would’ve thunk it?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma = Homeless man’s Rashard Lewis

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kuzma = Homeless man’s Rashard Lewis

IDK. Even big3 Lewis could hit 3 consistently. Maybe the beetlejuice of rashard Lewis
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't prioritize trading him this off season. He was unquestionably poor this past series. No doubt he made a series of boneheaded plays & shot poorly. However - that's consistent for pretty much everyone on the roster.

Trades to move guys for the sake of moving them rarely work out well. If you can package him for a third piece, by all means do it. However - I applaud and still applaud Rob for not trading for Kyle Lowry.

He's only movable for another undesirable contract. Give him this off season to work on his game and if you want to move him do so after December or mid season. You're selling low for the sake of making a move if you trade him this summer and it's not like you're chalk full of assets in the cupboard.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

6 ppg on 29/17/67 shooting splits.

1:1 Ast/TO ratio.

He was bad this series. And I'm kinda tired of waiting for him to turn the corner.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuz deserves credit for improving his 3-point shooting, defense and rebounding this season. He's shown that he's willing to put effort into helping his team by doing things besides score big points by having the ball in his hands.

But this is his 4th season, and by now this is pretty much as good as he'll get. He's inconsistent, and he played as if he got castrated against the Suns.

I wouldn't actively look to trade him, but I would love to do so if we're getting a better fitting player in return. If not, Kuz better keep working on his 3-point shot this summer.

I don't understand what happened to his refined offensive skill set that he had as a rookie.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma doesnt fit the offense or the role he's asked to play with the Lakers and its pretty much that simple.

He needs to play in an offense where there is constant player and ball movement.

An up-tempo offense.

His strength is not in a slow paced, half court oriented offense and that is what the Lakers run with AD and Bron.

His strength offensively is not to sit in the corner behind the three point line waiting for a pass and to launch a three.

It just simply is not his strength as a player.

His best years ( rookie and second year) came when he was in the Warriors offense that Luke brought from Golden State.

Constant player and ball movement.

He's also at his best when he has a point guard who can create easy opportunities for him to be a finisher and when he was a consistent top 2 or 3 offensive option.

He flourished his rookie season and his first season playing with Lebron and before AD.

Its as simple as fit and role.

Now he's a much better defender, rebounder and playmaker.

If a team such as the Warriors were to somehow make a trade for him, we all would see a much, much better version of Kuz, IMO.

Just like the other young Lakers who were moved and found places where they actually fit and were given an opportunity, that's what Kuz needs.

That's why I think there will definitely be a market for him because he is not a bad player, he's in the wrong situation.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kuzma doesnt fit the offense or the role he's asked to play with the Lakers and its pretty much that simple.

He needs to play in an offense where there is constant player and ball movement.

An up-tempo offense.

His strength is not in a slow paced, half court oriented offense and that is what the Lakers run with AD and Bron.

His strength offensively is not to sit in the corner behind the three point line waiting for a pass and to launch a three.

His best years ( rookie and second year) came when he was in the Warriors offense that Luke brought from Golden State.

He's also at his best when he has a point guard who can create easy opportunities for him to be a finisher and when he was a consistent top 2 or 3 offensive option.

He flourished his rookie season and his first season playing with Lebron and before AD.

If a team such as the Warriors were to somehow make a trade for him, we all would see a much, much better version of Kuz, IMO.

Just like the other young Lakers who were moved and found places where they actually fit and were given an opportunity, that's what Kuz needs.

That's why I think there will definitely be a market for him because he is not a bad player, he's in the wrong situation.

He fits in a run and gun offense where the team is borderline .500
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Kuz deserves credit for improving his 3-point shooting, defense and rebounding this season. He's shown that he's willing to put effort into helping his team by doing things besides score big points by having the ball in his hands.

But this is his 4th season, and by now this is pretty much as good as he'll get. He's inconsistent, and he played as if he got castrated against the Suns.

I wouldn't actively look to trade him, but I would love to do so if we're getting a better fitting player in return. If not, Kuz better keep working on his 3-point shot this summer.

I don't understand what happened to his refined offensive skill set that he had as a rookie.

He never gets to use it in our current offense and he's lost a lot of what he was building on. I think he's been extremely professional, adapted to his role really well, but just isn't good at that role. Get him in a different offense that's flowing and he'll be dangerous again. For now he's essentially neutered and doing the fringe things he can do to create value for the team despite it not being his strengths.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Bet you anything Kuzma is dying to be traded to a team where he can be a starter. Don’t think he would mind being traded at all, especially since he has a ring now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

An up-tempo offense.

He fits in a run and gun offense where the team is borderline .500

Let's send him to the Kings for Buddy Hield then
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He was bad this series. And I'm kinda tired of waiting for him to turn the corner.

Kuzma can get hot at times but his passing, penetration, and defense (albeit improved) are absolutely nothing special.

I would include him in any trade packages.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.

Really? I think he played hard. His offense definitely wasn't there but he competed for rebounds and actually focused on defense.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Just not a very good player.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.

When it comes to Kuz.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

So be Ingram ... Ingram hasn’t lef his team to a tenth seed, that’s not hard to do for Kuzma. He can be a 20 point scorer and not have to deal with all the do this today and this tomorrow role changes and fans hounding him. Hope he finds a good spot
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Kuz makes good videos though

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeKTnWHc/
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Is Andre Ingram still available?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

When it comes to Kuz.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Time to move on and find more reliable role player. I like his improvements that he made during the regular season but when Suns packed the paint and you look hesitant to pull the trigger on your 3 ball and instead going through the teeth of defense, the obvious lack of IQ is undeniable and he went through 6 games doing that. . Still a serviceable role player but just unplayable when it matters especially down the stretch. I am an ardent Kuz supporter and I believed he will thrive on a team that can utilized him but in this team, it’s not gonna happen.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

“I think they’ve been trying to move Kuzma for a long time,” an assistant general manager told Bleacher Report. “His defense has always been questionable, and I think his early success has become a bit of fool’s gold.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

“I think they’ve been trying to move Kuzma for a long time,” an assistant general manager told Bleacher Report. “His defense has always been questionable, and I think his early success has become a bit of fool’s gold.

LOL
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

His career playoff stats tell everything you know
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 866, 867, 868 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 867 of 880
Jump to: