Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

so, what is the "correct way" to utilize Trez on this team?

it just seems his life would be a lot easier if he had an outside shot at the 4. only play small ball 5 under limited circumstances. kind of like how we used keif last year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Is any team paying him more than 4-5m a year?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Is any team paying him more than 4-5m a year?

you will be surprised to see how dumb teams are some times. remember how much we paid Mozdeng?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Know I'm in the minority, but I like Montrell. I like his energy, his passion, and his ability to score low. He was misplaced at center, and then he wasn't even utilized. Montrell is a perfect example of how Vogel mismanaged the offense this year.

Hope he comes back.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Trezz for Rondo, who says no?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

it just seems his life would be a lot easier if he had an outside shot at the 4. only play small ball 5 under limited circumstances. kind of like how we used keif last year.

Offensively...the best way to utilize Trezz is on constant Pick&Roll plays (just like you saw between him and Lou Williams on the Clippers, that was instant offense and very efficient off the bench)

Defensively... you learn to live with his deficiencies and it would be match-up/situational driven (ala not being on the floor against someone like Jokic or Ayton, for instance)
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Know I'm in the minority, but I like Montrell. I like his energy, his passion, and his ability to score low. He was misplaced at center, and then he wasn't even utilized. Montrell is a perfect example of how Vogel mismanaged the offense this year.

Hope he comes back.

I'm with you on this... Trezz is a Pick&Roll monster, he needed someone on the Lakers to have that Pn'R chemistry he had with Lou Williams on the Clippers.

You saw glimpses of that when both him and THT were on the floor together, but it just didn't evolve much. I thought it would have happened with Dennis, but him being a poor passer negated that
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Backup 5 with a center like Gasol starting.. like we were doing and were the best team in the league.

OR if we had Drummond starting, Gasol as backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4. The most obvious thing.. that Vogel refused to do.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Some of Montrezl’s responses in his interview were a little odd. With him being nearly unplayable near the end, I’d have to think it’s mutual that he won’t be coming back.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Harrell seems to have a decent shooting stroke for some Mid range shots. It’s criminal how he has not stretched his range. Makes him a $5m or less player as a result.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Backup 5 with a center like Gasol starting.. like we were doing and were the best team in the league.

OR if we had Drummond starting, Gasol as backup 5 and Harrell at backup 4. The most obvious thing.. that Vogel refused to do.

People equate Trezz's low post skills on offense with what he should play at defense. But that makes no sense. He's shorter, and can't jump as high as Kuzma. Don't think Trezz works at the C position because he has no reliable jump shot.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

People equate Trezz's low post skills on offense with what he should play at defense. But that makes no sense. He's shorter, and can't jump as high as Kuzma. Don't think Trezz works at the C position because he has no reliable jump shot.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Seems like such a great guy. Really wish it would have worked out. I would put the blame on the team more so than him. Just my opinion.

Zero chance he exercises his player option. I think he would even consider taking less money to find himself in a better situation where he gets minutes and is given a role. He had no chance to succeed in Vogel's system.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Trezz needs to go so he can slam dunk and yell and scare everybody when he plays the Lakers
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/06/05/montrezl-harrell-puts-the-los-angeles-lakers-on-major-blast-on-his-instagram-story-pic/

Good riddance man. Just get rid of all these self delusional, low bball iq players.

Not a surprise we kept falling in the standings and got bounced in the 1st round.

Get rid of the losing players. FOH with their empty stats, me me me crap. You aren’t a (bleep) star.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/06/05/montrezl-harrell-puts-the-los-angeles-lakers-on-major-blast-on-his-instagram-story-pic/

Good riddance man. Just get rid of all these self delusional, low bball iq players.

Not a surprise we kept falling in the standings and got bounced in the 1st round.

Get rid of the losing players. FOH with their empty stats, me me me crap. You aren’t a (bleep) star.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out

Should not have ever signed him in the first place.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Don't let the door hit you on your way out

Should not have ever signed him in the first place.

Looks like you’ll have to make another Lg account. 😆
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Shots Fired!

Looks like dude is burning bridges and in the outs. I can’t really blame him since it was hard to justify his PT, especially in the regular season.

You gotta point out what Crowder is doing for the Suns on the same MLE deal (except it’s a 3 yr pact). I’m not sure if it was Giannis related (kinda explains the short term deals we traded/signed our guys for before Giannis signed his extension (ie trading for Schro’s expiring, Trez was on a defacto 1 year deal, Wes was too, Kcp’s final year has 4.9m guaranteed only making it a 2 year deal, Marc’s 2 year deal, etc. Then the day Giannis extends we came to terms with Kuz’s extension afterwards.

Either way, it was a terrible use of the MLE and Crowder wound have been such a better add to our squad.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

What an idiot. Dschro and Trezz are trash and I said as much from the beginning. what dorks, Rob is such an idiot for deluding himself into thinking they belonged on the team.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Bye
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Shots Fired!

Looks like dude is burning bridges and in the outs. I can’t really blame him since it was hard to justify his PT, especially in the regular season.

You gotta point out what Crowder is doing for the Suns on the same MLE deal (except it’s a 3 yr pact). I’m not sure if it was Giannis related (kinda explains the short term deals we traded/signed our guys for before Giannis signed his extension (ie trading for Schro’s expiring, Trez was on a defacto 1 year deal, Wes was too, Kcp’s final year has 4.9m guaranteed only making it a 2 year deal, Marc’s 2 year deal, etc. Then the day Giannis extends we came to terms with Kuz’s extension afterwards.

Either way, it was a terrible use of the MLE and Crowder wound have been such a better add to our squad.

All he did was add a laughing emoji and a prayer emoji.
Like he's playing along with the joke that he's getting some run in l.a.
Why is that burning bridges? Unless I missed something.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
What an idiot. Dschro and Trezz are trash and I said as much from the beginning. what dorks, Rob is such an idiot for deluding himself into thinking they belonged on the team.

Rob took a gamble on talent/skill set...if Kobe was around (RIP), he would tell Rob “Like I said, not everyone is cut out to be a Laker.”

Let those guys go for personal stats on another team and see them beg to come back when they are old vets who finally accept their role in pursuit of a ring.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

@epic: he’s been sending subs for a minute...speaking of which, he tweeted this after a laying 5 mins in Game 5

https://mobile.twitter.com/MONSTATREZZ/status/1399241048249933831

Hey liked these fans’ tweets questioning why he wasn’t getting PT:

montrezl_harrell_reveals_unhappiness_with_lakers_with_twitter_likes

So it’s not quite as savage as what he said after he left the cLips to join us this past offseason, but he’s been throwing shade our way.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Rob made a mistake. But he corrected that mistake with Drummond. Dre is like Trez, but at least Vogel trusts him to match up with starting 5s. We need a game plan of 1st punch taken by our starting 5 like Drummond or Dwight or someone like that, then AD slides over and takes over as a 5.

Trez is trade fodder if he opts in, hopefully we can help him get to a team he can get PT in and have a big year. He may opt out and think the money is there now, I don’t know. But by opting in and having Klutch organize a trade for him with Rob, his new team will get his early bird rights in 2022 FA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:09 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Shots Fired!

Utilizing our MLE for someone who is most likely not gonna be part of closing lineup is counter productive. This is a waste of resources. This signing should be for the big picture, not regular season run.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 62 of 66
Jump to: