OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 867, 868, 869 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

He improved on his defense, rebounds, assists, and 3 point shooting from last year. Got his 3% back up to rookie-level at 36%.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
He improved on his defense, rebounds, assists, and 3 point shooting from last year. Got his 3% back up to rookie-level at 36%.

Too bad his basketball brain didn't improve
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I am trying to be fair to Kuz. He played bad in two consecutive playoffs, that’s fact. But I am not going to put all the blame on him. Just becoz we traded Lonzo and BI instead of Kuz does not make him better than any of those. He’s a no. 27th pick for a reason. Indeed at the time he was the best fit with LBJ.

One thing we didn’t do well is developing Kuz since the arrival of LBJ. His role changed dramatically under the LBJ system and he has to adapt to the his new role. Then a season later AD came, his role has been constantly changing under Frank Vogel’s system, as well as his playing minutes. He never really settle in a role that allow him to contribute offensively other than being a catch and shooter.

Let’s just admit that the team never really cared to develop Kuz, rather he was asked to adapt to his constant change in role. I saw the effort he made on the defensive end, and remember we were always killing him on being tunnel visioned, he has shown improvement on that part as well.

If the team decided it’s time to part way with him, I’m okay with it cause at this point I don’t see him fit in our offense anymore. But I don’t have that bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Kuz like others do, trying to get rid of him like he is some kind of trash. I still appreciate his effort to find ways to contribute to the team but that player development just isn’t there and I think partly that’s on the team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
I am trying to be fair to Kuz. He played bad in two consecutive playoffs, that’s fact. But I am not going to put all the blame on him. Just becoz we traded Lonzo and BI instead of Kuz does not make him better than any of those. He’s a no. 27th pick for a reason. Indeed at the time he was the best fit with LBJ.

One thing we didn’t do well is developing Kuz since the arrival of LBJ. His role changed dramatically under the LBJ system and he has to adapt to the his new role. Then a season later AD came, his role has been constantly changing under Frank Vogel’s system, as well as his playing minutes. He never really settle in a role that allow him to contribute offensively other than being a catch and shooter.

Let’s just admit that the team never really cared to develop Kuz, rather he was asked to adapt to his constant change in role. I saw the effort he made on the defensive end, and remember we were always killing him on being tunnel visioned, he has shown improvement on that part as well.

If the team decided it’s time to part way with him, I’m okay with it cause at this point I don’t see him fit in our offense anymore. But I don’t have that bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Kuz like others do, trying to get rid of him like he is some kind of trash. I still appreciate his effort to find ways to contribute to the team but that player development just isn’t there and I think partly that’s on the team.

Well said. Lakers have really not invested in a consistent role for him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Nobody should have tried to convince Kuzma that he was the next best thing. We saw what happened when Byron did that with Clarkson and when Luke did that with Kuzma. Their heads blow up and you start to neglect the actual talent that gets disgruntled. You had Byron trying to say Clarkson was better than DLo and you had Luke trying to say Kuzma was better than Randle. Both idiotic coaches, and both decisions that blew up the heads of the late 1sts into thinking they were superstars.

Interestingly enough Kuzma's ceiling is that of a 6th man, like Clarkson's. But Kuzma doesn't seem to have the work ethic and ability to humble himself that Clarkson did.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Nobody should have tried to convince Kuzma that he was the next best thing. We saw what happened when Byron did that with Clarkson and when Luke did that with Kuzma. Their heads blow up and you start to neglect the actual talent that gets disgruntled. You had Byron trying to say Clarkson was better than DLo and you had Luke trying to say Kuzma was better than Randle. Both idiotic coaches, and both decisions that blew up the heads of the late 1sts into thinking they were superstars.

Interestingly enough Kuzma's ceiling is that of a 6th man, like Clarkson's. But Kuzma doesn't seem to have the work ethic and ability to humble himself that Clarkson did.

I do not recall events occurring as you describe.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
MJST wrote:

I do not recall events occurring as you describe.

He is trying to fit this narrative based on the situation. When you bring up Clarkson, be reminded that he is the sixth man of the year and a key piece to the Utah Jazz which is a very good team now. He wasn’t that efficient when he was a Laker, does it ever come across to you that may be there’s something wrong with our team being good at drafting good talents but fall short in developing them?

As for Kuz, I don’t think his mind was lost with all the “sing and praise” he received, rather people have been placing unrealistic expectations on him just becoz he is the guy the lakers team “picked” to stay after the AD trade. Everybody is expecting him to get hot and score when the team is not doing well, when in fact he was never really an offensive option under the Vogel system. He does not possess that kind of star power that can come in and give you 20 if you dont prep him for it.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

statyin wrote:

Here, I'll do it for you. KUZ IS TRASH!!

Taste better?

Man, you guys be way too forgiving.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: KUZ IS TRASH!!

Game 1

19 mins
0 points
3 rebounds
1 assist

Game 2

20 mins
2 points
1 rebound
1 assist

Game 3

24 mins
8 points
10 rebounds
3 assists

Game 4

25 mins
11 points
4 rebounds
2 assists

Game 5

23 mins
15 points
1 rebound
0 assist

Game 6

18 mins
2 points
4 rebounds
0 assist

Overall series shot 29% FG, 17% 3 point FG, 3.8 RPG, 6.3 PPG...For a 4th year player, absolute TRASH!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject:

He improved his D, boards and even passing by spades. I really appreciate that. He made sacrifices. But in the end, his weak 3 point shooting was one of the huge weaknesses on our team. Along with KCP, Dennis and even Alex, you got nothing from outside and the Suns just sunk inside all series.

Unacceptable. This is why I liked guys like Danny Green. Lakers thought Kuz could do some of what Green does. In theory yes. But when Green struggled in the playoffs he was still at 35%. He was still a threat. I still trusted Danny to take the right 3s hit or miss. The timing of some of our 3 point attempts this playoffs were crap.

I like Kuz, but I think it is definitely time to move him. Appreciate his time as a Laker and the ring run sacrifices. Good dude. But for another team is a 15-17 ppg threat, and for us maybe we can some starting role player value. We need a 3 point shooting big that can anchor (Myles Turner type) or a wing that can defend and shoot the 3. Either player should be targeted using Kuz and other assets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

I was never a fan of Kuzma. Unlike some fans here, I have never expected him to become a star player. I was disappointed we traded the 4th pick instead of him in the AD trade. But, this is the first time, I can see he becomes a useful player in a playoff team. He improved his defense, rebounds, shot selection and passing dramatically. All he needs to do now is to improve his 3 points % and he has the whole offseason to do it. Unlike some players who just can't shoot, he used to be a good shooter until he was assigned to focus more on defense etc. So this is actually the first offseason I want to keep him.

Oh and if we were going to trade him for a PG or Center, who do we have on our roster to have the size to defend KL or KD? The time for LBJ to defend the opponent's best wing player is gone. KCP is too small. Pelinka better makes sure he has the answer for this question before he send Kuzma away.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He improved his D, boards and even passing by spades. I really appreciate that. He made sacrifices. But in the end, his weak 3 point shooting was one of the huge weaknesses on our team. Along with KCP, Dennis and even Alex, you got nothing from outside and the Suns just sunk inside all series.

Unacceptable. This is why I liked guys like Danny Green. Lakers thought Kuz could do some of what Green does. In theory yes. But when Green struggled in the playoffs he was still at 35%. He was still a threat. I still trusted Danny to take the right 3s hit or miss. The timing of some of our 3 point attempts this playoffs were crap.

I like Kuz, but I think it is definitely time to move him. Appreciate his time as a Laker and the ring run sacrifices. Good dude. But for another team is a 15-17 ppg threat, and for us maybe we can some starting role player value. We need a 3 point shooting big that can anchor (Myles Turner type) or a wing that can defend and shoot the 3. Either player should be targeted using Kuz and other assets.

God bless you if you think Kuz and a 22nd pick gets you Turner. Would love it but Kuz’s stock has dropped while his salary is set to increase. He is probably thankful he extended for the amount he got.
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
statyin wrote:

Taste better?

That’s not forgiving, that’s being fair. Kuz didn’t play well in the playoffs but he wasn’t the reason why we lose. I don’t get why people trying so bad to make him the scape goat. It’s not like he is some kind of superstar that come up small, he is a role player who doesn’t even know what his role is on this team thanks to the system of Frank Vogel.

I agree Kuz need to be moved just becoz his game doesn’t fit here anymore. I am optimistic that he will thrive elsewhere. If trashing Kuz makes you swallow the pill easier, good for you.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

What Kuz has to work on this off season is his shooting.
It is wildly inconsistent.
But he can shoot.
He has to find his shot.

And only lots of reps with the same form will do it.

He will have the time and earning good bucks.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Never want to see him play for us again, so sick of him

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

statyin wrote:
phantasyman wrote:
statyin wrote:

Taste better?

That’s not forgiving, that’s being fair. Kuz didn’t play well in the playoffs but he wasn’t the reason why we lose. I don’t get why people trying so bad to make him the scape goat. It’s not like he is some kind of superstar that come up small, he is a role player who doesn’t even know what his role is on this team thanks to the system of Frank Vogel.

I agree Kuz need to be moved just becoz his game doesn’t fit here anymore. I am optimistic that he will thrive elsewhere. If trashing Kuz makes you swallow the pill easier, good for you.

You just don't get it, do you.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
But he can shoot.
He has to find his shot.

He can't create his own shot. That's where he is limited and defenses eat that up like a starving baby on Gerbers
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

He's l' ordures
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

Bet when you see Kuz dropping 25 and 10 next year on some other team, you'll be one of those saying damn, we shoulda kept that fool 🤣🤣
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Bet when you see Kuz dropping 25 and 10 next year on some other team, you'll be one of those saying damn, we shoulda kept that fool 🤣🤣

Trust me I won't. I'm not fooled by numbers and few flashes here and there. Guy sucks

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

What team would he average 25 and 10 on? Lol
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
phantasyman wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

What team would he average 25 and 10 on? Lol

Alba Berlin?

statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
statyin wrote:
phantasyman wrote:
statyin wrote:

Taste better?

You just don't get it, do you.

Whatever man, I am here for discussion and you obviously are not in mood to have one with reasons. Good day.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Should Kuz have done something to Chris Paul for intentionally trying to hurt him and bringing violence into the game?
https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/video-chris-paul-dirty-trip-kyle-kuzma/579575

I would have removed CP3 from the game if I was refereeing

Or suspend him for a game after reviewing the game.. Black eye to the league letting him try to hurt other players.. Envious child he is
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
But he can shoot.
He has to find his shot.

He said he's focusing on his handle this offseason.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 867, 868, 869 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 868 of 880
Jump to: