Guess who averaged 12.5 points, 2.2 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 25.35 FG % and 11.85 from 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Guess who averaged 12.5 points, 2.2 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 25.35 FG % and 11.85 from 3

These are the combined #'s for Kuz and KCP. Injuries be damned, we were hit with the perfect storm in more ways than one. These guys underperformed big time on both ends of the court and they contributed to our awful showing in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

At one point KCP was at 7% from 3 until game 6. Granted he was hurt but that hurt our spacing. Kuz? I don’t think we can trust him in the playoffs to be a big factor. 2 playoffs he’s been pedestrian.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

$26 million of wasted cap space
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

KCP is the player I value the most outside of LBJ and AD. I think if you count last playoffs, this condensed regular season, the play in, the playoff series.

He played 80+ games in 9 months. Myabe 90+ games in 10 months, I need to check the math. It's something ridiculous like that.

He's a legit soldier. Won't hear me saying a bad thing about him. But of course I'm willing to trade him depending on what is coming back.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

I also like KCP.

Jury's still out on Kuzma. I like that he's been working on his defense... but I also wonder what behind the scenes moves he does. I worry that he positioned himself (not with his play) to be the last kid standing when the rest got traded... I even worry if he tanked his trade value recently so we couldn't move him. No evidence just a hunch because he was so bad.

I still like him better than Schroder though.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KCP is the player I value the most outside of LBJ and AD. I think if you count last playoffs, this condensed regular season, the play in, the playoff series.

He played 80+ games in 9 months. Myabe 90+ games in 10 months, I need to check the math. It's something ridiculous like that.

He's a legit soldier. Won't hear me saying a bad thing about him. But of course I'm willing to trade him depending on what is coming back.

I grown to like KCP as well even though he cost us Nwaba. He has proven himself in the playoff. Streaky as hell and unfortunately he’s off for the Suns series. Injuries or not , his defense has been consistent though.

Kuz has improved his game too in a lot of area. Still does not have the handle nor the confidence on his jumpshot and I rather have our team venture more on proven players. Hopefully we can find a win-win trade for him but if we decided to keep him , I would not mind. Still a serviceable role player and a nice length.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Jury's still out on Kuzma. I like that he's been working on his defense... but I also wonder what behind the scenes moves he does. I worry that he positioned himself (not with his play) to be the last kid standing when the rest got traded... I even worry if he tanked his trade value recently so we couldn't move him. No evidence just a hunch because he was so bad.

behind the scenes he is busy being too cool for school. he keeps lookin' like he wants to be a fashion icon and keeps flaunting his girlfriend too. doesn't seem to be solely focused on his main craft - playing basketball.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

So Schroeder has one bad game in the playoffs without which he'd have given us 17/3/3 for that series and overall was our 3rd most important player all year.

But "jury's still out" on Kuzma whom we've seen no show/do this for years upon years upon years.

I see....
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

So done with Kuz. No clue what can be had for him in a trade.

Remember that Summer League shooting in his rookie year? I think he hit close to 50% from his 3's or somesuch.

Yea, good times those.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

behind the scenes he is busy being too cool for school. he keeps lookin' like he wants to be a fashion icon and keeps flaunting his girlfriend too. doesn't seem to be solely focused on his main craft - playing basketball.

This is what I refer to as ... gone Hollywood
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Jury is still out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Funniest 💩 I've ever heard
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Jury is still out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Funniest 💩 I've ever heard

Agree. Jury is not still out. Kuz is and likely remains for the future as a player like Finney-Smith for Mavs. Capable of having very quality games, but if you are looking for him to be a leader or a #3 or even #4, you likely are not going very far (having a superstar, a all time great like LBJ obviously allows for some exceptions. So I am taking more post-LBJ)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

That is why they are trade ballast. You offer KCP, Kuz and the draft pick for a stretch 5 that can anchor, and whatever other parts you can get. Upgrades are needed around AD-LBJ. You can not win a ring playing offense 2 on 5. Three of our others have to be threats to score and our offense usually boils down to them being able to make their outside shots.

We have a good running game when we defend get stops, but our halfcourt offense is heavily reliant on the Shaq-Kobe style way. Well Shaq-Kobe had guys like Fish, Horry etc making those shots around them, not to mention the floor spacing (and prezones) were different back then. If Shaq-Kobe played in this era, they would need even better shooting role players than they had. It is what it is right now in the NBA with zones and gimmick defenses.

So we need to adjust, get better. Last year we got great shooting from AD, KCP, and Danny Green was inconsistent but still a threat from 3. Off the bench, Kieff gave us some big 3s. So we got to keep looking for guys that will defend and make 3s, as the two primary role player skills.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject:

We shot 29% from three for the series, and that's with Lebron shooting 38% on nearly 50 attempts.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That is why they are trade ballast. You offer KCP, Kuz and the draft pick for a stretch 5 that can anchor, and whatever other parts you can get. Upgrades are needed around AD-LBJ. You can not win a ring playing offense 2 on 5. Three of our others have to be threats to score and our offense usually boils down to them being able to make their outside shots.

We have a good running game when we defend get stops, but our halfcourt offense is heavily reliant on the Shaq-Kobe style way. Well Shaq-Kobe had guys like Fish, Horry etc making those shots around them, not to mention the floor spacing (and prezones) were different back then. If Shaq-Kobe played in this era, they would need even better shooting role players than they had. It is what it is right now in the NBA with zones and gimmick defenses.

So we need to adjust, get better. Last year we got great shooting from AD, KCP, and Danny Green was inconsistent but still a threat from 3. Off the bench, Kieff gave us some big 3s. So we got to keep looking for guys that will defend and make 3s, as the two primary role player skills.

Spot on Wolf. It would hopefully give us a piece we desperately need while thinning out the roster so we can keep AC and THT in the fold.
Lurkernomore
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Spot on Wolf. It would hopefully give us a piece we desperately need while thinning out the roster so we can keep AC and THT in the fold.

Does either AC or THT provide a credible 3 pt threat? How are they different than KCP and Kuz? Not saying that they aren't more important, but none of these 4 guys is the reliable 3 pt shooters that we need in today's NBA.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Kuzma literally looked shooked in playoffs and didn’t wanted to do anything with the ball

His days are numbered, what a waste of 13m
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

Lurkernomore wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Does either AC or THT provide a credible 3 pt threat? How are they different than KCP and Kuz? Not saying that they aren't more important, but none of these 4 guys is the reliable 3 pt shooters that we need in today's NBA.

No, but AC is our best perimeter defender and THT is 20 years old. I am not a huge fan of either, but I understand how important it is to keep them. Unfortunately, THT may have to be served up if the right deal comes along.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

KCP at least has shown he has it in him. Kuzma has not shown anything of use to this team and he's been given ample opportunities.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

So Schroeder has one bad game in the playoffs without which he'd have given us 17/3/3 for that series and overall was our 3rd most important player all year.

But "jury's still out" on Kuzma whom we've seen no show/do this for years upon years upon years.

I see....

It's a fair response... but while Kuzma has shown marked improvement in defense and effort... maturity in terms of being coachable and learning his craft and changing his role. Schroder as a 7 year veteran, alienated me by demanding to start on a championship team... rejecting an 84 million dollar in the middle of a statistically mediocre season... then selfishly failed CoVid protocol... while rumors then leaked out that he was demanding 100 million.

If we traded Kuzma tomorrow would I care? Nope... but Kuzma in spite of his failures shot way better than Schroder from the field... and way better from the three point line. He also costs 13 million which is what I'd expect for an inconsistent player. KCP also also shoots way better than Schroder and plays defense and also costs only 13 million.

Would I be ranting about both KCP and Kuzma if they were demanding to be starters and asking for 100 million dollars after sub par performances?

Absolutely.

What is this hold that Schroder has over you?

I admitted he's a good but erratic player... talented enough to be the third option with a young LBJ or young Kobe... but not good enough to take over the reins with a declining LBJ and often injured AD.

I already accepted because of the salary cap situation that we might have to bite the bullet and sign him... but why should any of us be happy about it?

The fact that I don't complain about Kuzma should be proof that I'm not a hater who goes on and on about Lakers for no reason.

Maybe saying "the jury's still out" was stupid... but I didn't expect anything much more than what we got... he's improving and working on his job and paid at a reasonable level. For how bad he played and it was bad...

IT'S STILL FREAKING BETTER THAN SCHRODER'S SHOOTING PERCENTAGES

KCP is better than Schroder at shooting and defense from what I saw because without AD... Schroder wasn't stopping any of those guards defensively. If CP3 had two arms... he would have cooked Schroder but even Cameron Payne was scoring at will.

So yeah, I'll admit it was dumb to say "The jury's still out" but I really wish you'd use your efforts to support finding a solution to the Schroder situation instead of telling us how we should be resigned to it.

The dude has some talent but I just don't think he has 21 million dollars of it
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Who you thinking of Wolf?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

KCP and KUZ must go. way too inconsistent
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Everyone on this team (bleep) the bed in these playoffs.

Even LeBron went ghost in game 4 in the second half when AD went down.

Lakers take that game & it COULD have been a different series, who knows.

And AD had a pathetic game one.

To single out any ONE player in this series is ridiculous to me.

Every single player played like complete and utter trash at some point in this series.

They all need to catch blame for such a pathetic and GOD awful performance.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

We probably won't get rid of Kuz. Rest of league knows he's trash and for some reason Jeanie loves him
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Everyone on this team (bleep) the bed in these playoffs.

Even LeBron went ghost in game 4 in the second half when AD went down.

Lakers take that game & it COULD have been a different series, who knows.

And AD had a pathetic game one.

To single out any ONE player in this series is ridiculous to me.

Every single player played like complete and utter trash at some point in this series.

They all need to catch blame for such a pathetic and GOD awful performance.

If you have 12 employees and your company was driven into bankruptcy by the competition and only one employee was asking for a huge contract and a huge raise beyond the normal salary range for his skill set... which employee do you think would be getting the most criticism?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: