The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1586, 1587, 1588 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
He is too big to give exit interview or what? Its s shame what kind of leadership he shown this year. All the players gave their comments on the season except Mr.King.

Chill dude. What do you want him to say that hasn't already been said.

You're just trying to cause some static where there shouldn't be.

Season is over. We know what went wrong. LeBron doesn't have to give another play by play on why this season sucked.

Move on to next season already

Ikr people complaining about Lebron like he cost us a title or something. Everything people taking issues with right now…his play, his attitude etc all that means nothing. Nothing he could’ve done better would’ve have resulted in us beating the suns.

I highly doubt anyone on the team cares about how Lebron is handling this. They’re all mad about the injury derailed season.

People love to overthink and over analyze with him. Not a big deal. Move on poeple
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
He is too big to give exit interview or what? Its s shame what kind of leadership he shown this year. All the players gave their comments on the season except Mr.King.

Season is over. We know what went wrong. LeBron doesn't have to give another play by play on why this season sucked.

JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

LEBRON NEEDS MORE HELP !!!!!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

Hypothetically speaking. Would you trade Lebron for Zion or Ben Simmons? I might/would.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hypothetically speaking. Would you trade Lebron for Zion or Ben Simmons? I might/would.

If a good deal came along you’d have to consider it…BUT…who would trade for 37 year old Lebron on a max deal?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

If a good deal came along you’d have to consider it…BUT…who would trade for 37 year old Lebron on a max deal?

Likely only ring chasing contenders that can not get over the hump and have tradeable assets, like the Sixers, Bucks, Blazers, even Celtics or clips.

Not going to happen but those are the teams most likely to give up assets for James, if (and a really big if) the ever Lakers chose to seek a trade.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

You can’t trade Bron. Dude came here when we were the joke of the league. I’m certainly not a fan of some of what Bron does on and off the court, but he makes a valid argument for GOAT and I don’t deny it. Never mind that he brought us a championship after all those years of being stomped on by the freaking Clippers. I would give him the Kobe treatment. Play as long as you want. That’s the reason AD chose us over the Celtics. Never forget what relationships and soft skills do in the world. I use to think otherwise but boy was I wrong.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Lebron was obviously hampered by his ankle injury against the Suns. He even said a few weeks ago his ankle may never be 100% the rest of his career. This is a bit concerning. I just hope down the road he won't need an ankle surgery like Curry.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

Does he have 1 more season in him as the best player on a championship team? I'm guessing yes.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
You can’t trade Bron. Dude came here when we were the joke of the league. I’m certainly not a fan of some of what Bron does on and off the court, but he makes a valid argument for GOAT and I don’t deny it. Never mind that he brought us a championship after all those years of being stomped on by the freaking Clippers. I would give him the Kobe treatment. Play as long as you want. That’s the reason AD chose us over the Celtics. Never forget what relationships and soft skills do in the world. I use to think otherwise but boy was I wrong.

Quote:

During an interview with Dan Le Batard, Riley said he’d “put a shiny key under that mat” if James ever wanted to return to Miami.

“I would leave the key under the doormat if he would call and let me know he’s coming,” Riley said, via Le Batard and Friends’ YouTube channel. “I would do that, but I doubt very much if that key, that key’s rusted now.

“Look, I wish him nothing but the best. And if he ever wanted to come back, then I’ll put a new shiny key under that mat.

https://thespun.com/nba/miami-heat/pat-riley-asked-about-lebron-james-possibly-returning-to-the-heat
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Quote:

During an interview with Dan Le Batard, Riley said he’d “put a shiny key under that mat” if James ever wanted to return to Miami.

“I would leave the key under the doormat if he would call and let me know he’s coming,” Riley said, via Le Batard and Friends’ YouTube channel. “I would do that, but I doubt very much if that key, that key’s rusted now.

“Look, I wish him nothing but the best. And if he ever wanted to come back, then I’ll put a new shiny key under that mat.

https://thespun.com/nba/miami-heat/pat-riley-asked-about-lebron-james-possibly-returning-to-the-heat

Wouldn’t that be a bit ironic. All the love, support and professed loyalty from Laker fans for James and he chooses to take his talents to MIA again.

This place would be chaos.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Does he have 1 more season in him as the best player on a championship team? I'm guessing yes.

My hope was that LBJ would pass it on to AD. But then AD got hurt so LBJ had to exert himself more, then Solomon Hill'd him.

He was at a MVP level when he got hurt. Just couldn't get back to 100% after that injury. I think he has a few more years a top 7 player. Guy is ridiculous.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

My hope was that LBJ would pass it on to AD. But then AD got hurt so LBJ had to exert himself more, then Solomon Hill'd him.

He was at a MVP level when he got hurt. Just couldn't get back to 100% after that injury. I think he has a few more years a top 7 player. Guy is ridiculous.

I think LeBron has at least one more year of being a top-5, MVP-caliber player (hopefully more). We need to go completely all-in on the next two seasons. Maximize the potential to get at least one more ring out of this pairing.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Optics matter. When LeBron doesn't do his exit interview, or when he leaves the court with 5 minutes left in a blowout playoff loss, it looks bad and it makes it comes off as if he's acting like he's better than other people.

It would've been nice for him to do an exit interview and show his face after losing like we did, and to not just tell us but ultimately show us how he's going to come back strong next season and lead us to another championship.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
phantasyman wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Ikr people complaining about Lebron like he cost us a title or something. Everything people taking issues with right now…his play, his attitude etc all that means nothing. Nothing he could’ve done better would’ve have resulted in us beating the suns.

I highly doubt anyone on the team cares about how Lebron is handling this. They’re all mad about the injury derailed season.

People love to overthink and over analyze with him. Not a big deal. Move on poeple

not to over think it.. Lebron needs to be a leader. set the right example.

stop being a diva
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

You have to chill dude.

Its not about saying something , its about showing respect for your team and fans. If all players and coach can give exit interview what is different for Lebron.
Walking out 6 min before end of the game, storm out after loosing a series and not giving an interview is bad behavior and I am sorry for you if you don't understand that. I cannot help you.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject:

@kingjames

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP1lLAdDPVj/?utm_medium=copy_link

😤😤😤

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!??!

Revenge SZN coming! 🦁👑🏀
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:35 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
@kingjames

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP1lLAdDPVj/?utm_medium=copy_link

😤😤😤

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!??!

Revenge SZN coming! 🦁👑🏀

Lame. Show me don’t tell me.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject:

LeBron is who he is and who he has always been.

I hated his antics before he came here & I still dont like it when he pulls the BS as a Laker.

The fact he separates himself from his team when things are tough but is front and center when things are great has never and will never sit well with me.

That said, what are you going to do?

He's the guy the Lakers have hitched their wagon to for better or worse.

He is who he is and it's not going to change.

On or off the court.

You deal with it and move on.

He's the face of the franchise I love so ive grown to support him.

Doesnt mean we cant call him out on his BS behavior.

If you're a LAKERS fan you support him because his success or failure is directly connected to the Lakers success or failure.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

23ppg in the playoff, didn't realize it was that low, this guy had to be playing injured still, next season
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject:

Nothing says leadership like starting 266 consecutive playoff games.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
23ppg in the playoff, didn't realize it was that low, this guy had to be playing injured still, next season

It was even worse then that it reality. James padding his stats after they were down 20+ helped his ppg average.

Leadership is a subjective concept. Is James “showing up” really the standard we are comfortable with?

One thing is abundantly clear in watching these playoffs. The Lakers as a team, not just James, were not ready for playoff intensity physically or mentally.

They struggled with the inconsistency all season but there is no way you can tell me this Laker team was competing at the same level as other playoff teams. Injuries are only one aspect. They simply struggled to compete.

Some of the blame has to be assigned to the face of the franchise GOAT leader of the team. How much depends on each fan’s own opinion. But anyone watching those games, especially the blowouts, can not ignore the lack of effort shown by James and his teammates.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
governator wrote:

It was even worse then that it reality. James padding his stats after they were down 20+ helped his ppg average.

Leadership is a subjective concept. Is James “showing up” really the standard we are comfortable with?

One thing is abundantly clear in watching these playoffs. The Lakers as a team, not just James, were not ready for playoff intensity physically or mentally.

They struggled with the inconsistency all season but there is no way you can tell me this Laker team was competing at the same level as other playoff teams. Injuries are only one aspect. They simply struggled to compete.

Some of the blame has to be assigned to the face of the franchise GOAT leader of the team. How much depends on each fan’s own opinion. But anyone watching those games, especially the blowouts, can not ignore the lack of effort shown by James and his teammates.

Not to make any excuses for Lebron or anyone else on this squad, but the team looked out of sync and out of gas. They looked tired and a bit banged up, including Lebron who was not nearly at 100%.

I would expect this off season for he and Davis to get their bodies right.....I expect Pelinka and Jeanie to find some better pieces to help this team make another run next season. They need shooters, real bad. Our shooters failed us this year, especially down the stretch......
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Not to make any excuses for Lebron or anyone else on this squad, but the team looked out of sync and out of gas. They looked tired and a bit banged up, including Lebron who was not nearly at 100%.

I would expect this off season for he and Davis to get their bodies right.....I expect Pelinka and Jeanie to find some better pieces to help this team make another run next season. They need shooters, real bad. Our shooters failed us this year, especially down the stretch......

Not disagreeing with your assessment at all. We are all searching for explanations for what we saw.

I agree the team did not look right or in synch. My point is they looked that way all season long, even before the injuries piled up. They had inconsistent efforts all season. It cost them at times, others they were able to salvage wins.

It just came to head at the end of the season and in the playoffs when most teams were ramping up mentally. The Lakers did not have that extra gear. Injuries were certainly a factor but there was a competitive edge that was missing too.

That has to be fixed as much as health and adding shooters. The desire to compete.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Not disagreeing with your assessment at all. We are all searching for explanations for what we saw.

I agree the team did not look right or in synch. My point is they looked that way all season long, even before the injuries piled up. They had inconsistent efforts all season. It cost them at times, others they were able to salvage wins.

It just came to head at the end of the season and in the playoffs when most teams were ramping up mentally. The Lakers did not have that extra gear. Injuries were certainly a factor but there was a competitive edge that was missing too.

That has to be fixed as much as health and adding shooters. The desire to compete.

Totally agree. I never liked the chemistry of this team. I felt it was wonky all year, just never had a flow. I felt there was a lot more selfishness brewing on this year versus last year's team where they had some standup character guys on the squad. Even Howard, who had a history of being problematic at times in the locker room, was amazing from what I read.

Lakers need to build the right foundation. I am hoping Lebron and Davis, along with Rob and Jeanie, and Coach Vogel, figure out what ailed the team, roster wise, and fix it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1586, 1587, 1588 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1587 of 2079
Jump to: