Kristaps Porziņģis is not happy with the Mavs ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:12 am    Post subject: Kristaps Porziņģis is not happy with the Mavs ...

He will be a great addition if the Lakers got him...

Porzingis / Davis / Lebron at the frontcourt .... DAMN !

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/mavericks-kristaps-porzingis-frustrated-luka-doncic/c9wr9qftxq3g1621ydvzlq8wo
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Kristaps Porziņģis is not happy with the Mavs ...

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/mavericks-kristaps-porzingis-frustrated-luka-doncic/c9wr9qftxq3g1621ydvzlq8wo

Softest and most fragile front court
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject:

Not physical enough, but would be like having McGee on D, a little better perimeter defense than McGee and exactly the floor spacing big that does what Frank wants on defense. We are one of the few teams in the league that would actually trust him in the mid range and post as its part of our offense.

However the injuries damn. Too risky. AD and KP, could mean 30-40 games a season you sit out your starting bigs. If Trez opts in, I would offer Trez and KCP for him. Maybe a draft pick. I’ve always been big time on his talents but injuries have derailed his career arc and development big time.

Fit wise he is great as a starting big. Does all the shot blocking and interior D that Vogel system wants and does not clog up the paint for AD and LBJ.

While Porzingis would be worth having a look at if price tag is low, I would prefer to go for Myles Turner using more assets if need be. Myles is a guy that fits a lot of what we need and also some similar skills to Porzingis, not as much scoring talent, but more dependable injuries wise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:44 am    Post subject:

Can we afford another injury prone?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

Nope.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject:

I know he’s injury prone but he would be the ideal stretch 5 for AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject:

Porky at 30m to play for 60% of the year and disappear during the playoffs? Uh no.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
I know he’s injury prone but he would be the ideal stretch 5 for AD.

Yea but then again, if he's injury prone then that makes him a bad fit with AD
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

We already have Kuzma
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
We already have Kuzma

It is not even close.

Porinzgis has some weaknesses, but even for Dallas, he was great at spacing the floor for them so teams can not get on Luka on his drives. Imagine the experience and reps he has playing off Luka, now only with Bron. Bron is less aggressive a scorer than Luka right now in his career. so Porzingis would get even more shots IMO.

The thing is, injuries. Physical play. He neither has shown he can stay healthy, nor has he shown he can defend elite physical 5s. So we will still need a physical big to back him up at the 5.

I would not go for it if it cost a lot, but if it were a straight up swap for Kuzma, it would not even be a question for me. You can not teach floor spacing and rim protection at the 5 to Kuz. It was one our big weaknesses in the Suns series that got exposed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
We already have Kuzma

It is not even close.

Porinzgis has some weaknesses, but even for Dallas, he was great at spacing the floor for them so teams can not get on Luka on his drives. Imagine the experience and reps he has playing off Luka, now only with Bron. Bron is less aggressive a scorer than Luka right now in his career. so Porzingis would get even more shots IMO.

The thing is, injuries. Physical play. He neither has shown he can stay healthy, nor has he shown he can defend elite physical 5s. So we will still need a physical big to back him up at the 5.

I would not go for it if it cost a lot, but if it were a straight up swap for Kuzma, it would not even be a question for me. You can not teach floor spacing and rim protection at the 5 to Kuz. It was one our big weaknesses in the Suns series that got exposed.

It would require something like Kuz + KCP to match salaries. No thanks for me if that's the case. Porky makes a LOT. So does Middleton. Two guys closer to 30m+ range and disappearing a bit in the playoffs.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

Not another injury prone player. Willing to tolerate AD because he actually performs at an elite level. Porky making elite money and disappearing all the time
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

His knees are shot. He has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, and a torn meniscus in his right knee in the last couple of years. Some sucker team will probably take a chance on him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

Shocked anyone wants him here after the year we just had
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

Watch Portland get in on this to try and appease Dame
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Kristaps Porziņģis is not happy with the Mavs ...

PinoyLBJFan wrote:

no
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

I get the comments about how injury prone he seems to be... and thought he looked horrible in the Clippers series... but the other way you have to look at it is that Brooklyn is looking so scary that depending on Schroder just to play like OKC Schroder isn't going to be enough to do anything.

If all we do is sign Schroder and pray AD is healthy and LBJ can stave off old age for one more season that's still not enough. I thought the Bucks looked good and they just got destroyed by 2/3 of Brooklyn's super team.

Signing someone like Porzingis will unclog the paint... create some semblance of rim protection and maybe you have a 10% chance that he recovers his form.
The problem here is that Cuban is no dummy so if he's willing to do it... you have to wonder if he knows the guy will never get any better.

But this is the desperate situation that we are in... we need to do some sort of hail mary to put ourselves in a position to win next season. If you are down a touchdown in the fourth with 10 seconds to play on the forty yard line... do you call an off tackle run with no timeouts? Or do you launch that ball into the end zone and hope someone on your side catches it?

Signing Schroder and calling it a day is like calling for the run on the forty yard line with no time on the clock. Signing Porzingis has way more risk but at least there is hope something might change.

Porzingis wouldn't be my first option... but it's better than playing it safe and hoping Schroder starts shooting 40% from three... LBJ doesn't get any older next year... and AD plays 70 plus games and the playoffs.

We aren't going to find any surefire good deal... we will have to take a risk with someone who is either injury prone or old. It's either that or trade good pieces who will further decimate our depth.

I don't know that Porzingis is the right risky option... but I do know Schroder is unlikely to do sh*t against a team with Harden, KD, and Kyrie clicking on all cylinders.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I don't know that Porzingis is the right risky option... but I do know Schroder is unlikely to do sh*t against a team with Harden, KD, and Kyrie clicking on all cylinders.

At nearly or over 30m/year and with his injury history, there's a greater chance Dennis (at probably 60% of Porky's deal) is playing against the Nets than Porky.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

At nearly or over 30m/year and with his injury history, there's a greater chance Dennis (at probably 60% of Porky's deal) is playing against the Nets than Porky.

he played worse than DS in the playoffs, NO THANKS
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject:

Some of you guys. I swear 99% of this board doesn't even watch the NBA. (bleep) porzingis? You're the same breed of clown that thought Trezz was a good signing.
NavyDawg
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Kristaps is a 7 ft 3 Mike Miller. If he came to the Lakers, he'd play the same role as he has in Dallas. He'll stand in the corner and shoot threes.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

Hasn't been the same since injury. Lack of assertiveness against the Clippers was concerning, but I agree with him about Luka being too ball dominant.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

i won't be shocked if Rob goes after him. fits the pattern
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

If he is not happy playing next to Luka, which is LBJ any different? He would be an interesting fit, but I don't know how you make that work financially. Team really just needs shooters.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
We already have Kuzma

It is not even close.

Straight for Kuz is not how the NBA salary cap works. Just FYI.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: