Guess who averaged 12.5 points, 2.2 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 25.35 FG % and 11.85 from 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Jury's still out on Kuzma. I like that he's been working on his defense... but I also wonder what behind the scenes moves he does. I worry that he positioned himself (not with his play) to be the last kid standing when the rest got traded... I even worry if he tanked his trade value recently so we couldn't move him. No evidence just a hunch because he was so bad.

I still like him better than Schroder though.

So Schroeder has one bad game in the playoffs without which he'd have given us 17/3/3 for that series and overall was our 3rd most important player all year.

But "jury's still out" on Kuzma whom we've seen no show/do this for years upon years upon years.

I see....

No jury, he's been tried and convicted. His sentence is to gtfo.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Jury's still out on Kuzma. I like that he's been working on his defense... but I also wonder what behind the scenes moves he does. I worry that he positioned himself (not with his play) to be the last kid standing when the rest got traded... I even worry if he tanked his trade value recently so we couldn't move him. No evidence just a hunch because he was so bad.

we needed Kuz to be an instant offense off the bench, and he instead work on his defense and his offense declined each year. he needs to go period. DS as bad as he played was clearly our 3rd best player last season and as inconsistent as he was, he is still better than Kuz
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

we needed Kuz to be an instant offense off the bench, and he instead work on his defense and his offense declined each year. he needs to go period. DS as bad as he played was clearly our 3rd best player last season and as inconsistent as he was, he is still better than Kuz

I think Schroder is a better player than Kuzma... but Kuzma isn't asking for 25 million a year... Or rejecting 21 million.

You'd be amazed how much the hate would shift if KCP or Kuzma made such absurd demands.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

I think Schroder is a better player than Kuzma... but Kuzma isn't asking for 25 million a year... Or rejecting 21 million.

You'd be amazed how much the hate would shift if KCP or Kuzma made such absurd demands.

what difference does it make? him at 13 mil next season is just as bad if not worse than DS at 25 mil. if this comes down to the numbers, as long as Jeanie is ok with it, so should we, but as a player, Kuzma is just not working out at this point.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

what difference does it make? him at 13 mil next season is just as bad if not worse than DS at 25 mil. if this comes down to the numbers, as long as Jeanie is ok with it, so should we, but as a player, Kuzma is just not working out at this point.

Schroder is better but not twice his salary better.

Kuzma shoots better and is at least improving on defense. He's also longer so he has that advantage in terms of switching on defense.

I won't be sad if either are gone... but Schroder at an overpay bothers me way more than Kuzma right now.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

Kuzma shoots better and is at least improving on defense. He's also longer so he has that advantage in terms of switching on defense.

I won't be sad if either are gone... but Schroder at an overpay bothers me way more than Kuzma right now.

again, if it doesn't bother Jeanie, it doesn't matter how much he is offered.
DS had 2 great games, 1 good game, 2 bad ones and a horrible one in the Suns series.
Kuzma had 1 ok(stretch) game and 5 horrible ones.
he certainly didn't shoot better in the playoffs.
i am always high on our own players, even Trezz, DS, kieff, but Kuzma has really let me down after all these years. maybe he can flourish again like BI ,DLO or RAndle in another team.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

I still say injuries definitely damned us.

If AD was healthy we’d beat Phoenix in 5 or 6 and currently battling Denver even with Kuz and KCP continuing being no shows.

I understand a lot of people being overly negativity nowadays since we are knocked out at the moment but the fact remains we were dominating the Suns before AD went down to injury.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

again, if it doesn't bother Jeanie, it doesn't matter how much he is offered.
DS had 2 great games, 1 good game, 2 bad ones and a horrible one in the Suns series.
Kuzma had 1 ok(stretch) game and 5 horrible ones.
he certainly didn't shoot better in the playoffs.
i am always high on our own players, even Trezz, DS, kieff, but Kuzma has really let me down after all these years. maybe he can flourish again like BI ,DLO or RAndle in another team.

Remember also we only have to pay Kuzma for three years... which means in two years we can move him almost automatically. At 13 million I think we can move him right now if needed.

Schroder becomes a lot more appealing if we aren't paying him for four years. At 25 million it becomes almost impossible to move which is fine if you don't care about winning titles the next four years.

If Jeanie wanted to pay Dennis 100 million to be Lakers ambassador to Germany, I could care less what the Busses did with their millions.

I just don't want to get stuck with someone we can't move.

Last edited by BILBJH on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

KCP has garnered a pass given his usual effort when not injured and kicking ass in the playoffs last year. kuz has consistently underperformed when counted on most... so there's that.

kuz isn't a kid rookie anymore. he has to put up big boy efforts, regardless of where he was drafted.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I still say injuries definitely damned us.

If AD was healthy we’d beat Phoenix in 5 or 6 and currently battling Denver even with Kuz and KCP continuing being no shows.

I understand a lot of people being overly negativity nowadays since we are knocked out at the moment but the fact remains we were dominating the Suns before AD went down to injury.

I think we'd beat Phoenix healthy... but I'm not sure about Clippers, Utah, Denver with Jamal or GSW with Klay and Wiseman next year.

Or Dallas if Cuban pulls off any sort of trade to upgrade Porzingis.

Old LBJ, often injured AD, and Schroder are not enough to easily beat those teams... let alone healthy Brooklyn.

We need to upgrade unless we just want a good seat at the playoffs and are fine with that.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I also like KCP.

So Schroeder has one bad game in the playoffs without which he'd have given us 17/3/3 for that series and overall was our 3rd most important player all year.

But "jury's still out" on Kuzma whom we've seen no show/do this for years upon years upon years.

I see....

Funny how that works. I’ve noticed lately how Schroeder has been given the butt of the blame but yet bron gets some empty stats and he did everything he could, but DC gets some empty numbers after a bad game and he’s the reason we lose. Meanwhile Kuz is atrocious and acts like he’s an all star. Dude is entering his prime. The jury is no longer out in him. He’s literally into his second contract. This is who he is.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KCP is the player I value the most outside of LBJ and AD. I think if you count last playoffs, this condensed regular season, the play in, the playoff series.

He played 80+ games in 9 months. Myabe 90+ games in 10 months, I need to check the math. It's something ridiculous like that.

He's a legit soldier. Won't hear me saying a bad thing about him. But of course I'm willing to trade him depending on what is coming back.

I couldn’t agree more. KCP has been the third best player on the Lakers for the past two seasons. He’s been pretty durable, plays hard, competes on both end, and doesn’t care if he’s starting or coming off the bench. He’s also by far the best shooter on a team that badly needs shooting. He’s untradable to me unless it’s part of a package to get a legitimate star back.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

This is why KCP disappearing completely this playoffs killed us. We really depend on his shooting and it fell off the cliff. He didn’t look right all year ans was injured for the playoffs too. He’s a very important piece. I’d trade Kuz before KCP.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Kuz for sure before KCP but KCP is the one who is a valued starting championship role player. Any good deal, or good player, both guys have to be given up.

Lakers have big decisions to make. I’m open to wholesale changes around AD/Bron. They need to rebuild the supporting cast.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lurkernomore
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

We need to upgrade unless we just want a good seat at the playoffs and are fine with that.

Exactly, but what are the paths to achieve that upgrade. This year's pick and the TMLE of $6MM and a bunch of vet mins isn't going to help us compete with teams that are not only better now but are either going to get healthy (Denver, GSW) or improve with experience and/or through the draft (Utah, Dallas, Phoenix, Pelicans).
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think we'd beat Phoenix healthy...

Nah, not the way they're playing.

Lakers couldnt hit a shot to save their lives.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: