The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1587, 1588, 1589 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
governator wrote:
23ppg in the playoff, didn't realize it was that low, this guy had to be playing injured still, next season

It was even worse then that it reality. James padding his stats after they were down 20+ helped his ppg average.

Leadership is a subjective concept. Is James “showing up” really the standard we are comfortable with?

One thing is abundantly clear in watching these playoffs. The Lakers as a team, not just James, were not ready for playoff intensity physically or mentally.

They struggled with the inconsistency all season but there is no way you can tell me this Laker team was competing at the same level as other playoff teams. Injuries are only one aspect. They simply struggled to compete.

Some of the blame has to be assigned to the face of the franchise GOAT leader of the team. How much depends on each fan’s own opinion. But anyone watching those games, especially the blowouts, can not ignore the lack of effort shown by James and his teammates.

Not to make any excuses for Lebron or anyone else on this squad, but the team looked out of sync and out of gas. They looked tired and a bit banged up, including Lebron who was not nearly at 100%.

I would expect this off season for he and Davis to get their bodies right.....I expect Pelinka and Jeanie to find some better pieces to help this team make another run next season. They need shooters, real bad. Our shooters failed us this year, especially down the stretch......

Not disagreeing with your assessment at all. We are all searching for explanations for what we saw.

I agree the team did not look right or in synch. My point is they looked that way all season long, even before the injuries piled up. They had inconsistent efforts all season. It cost them at times, others they were able to salvage wins.

It just came to head at the end of the season and in the playoffs when most teams were ramping up mentally. The Lakers did not have that extra gear. Injuries were certainly a factor but there was a competitive edge that was missing too.

That has to be fixed as much as health and adding shooters. The desire to compete.

Totally agree. I never liked the chemistry of this team. I felt it was wonky all year, just never had a flow. I felt there was a lot more selfishness brewing on this year versus last year's team where they had some standup character guys on the squad. Even Howard, who had a history of being problematic at times in the locker room, was amazing from what I read.

Lakers need to build the right foundation. I am hoping Lebron and Davis, along with Rob and Jeanie, and Coach Vogel, figure out what ailed the team, roster wise, and fix it.

Ya we need to make sure from now on we only sign guys that winning a title is their top priority. Can’t have players on the team with different goals (Dennis, Trez etc)

I have no problem with a players focus on a big payday but this isn’t the team for that. We need guys who understand they have to sacrifice for the goal of getting chip #18.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
LeBron is who he is and who he has always been.

I hated his antics before he came here & I still dont like it when he pulls the BS as a Laker.

Last time I said this people jumped down my throat and called me an LBJ hater. But I think he should've at least stayed and congratulated the PHX players. It's just not a good look when any player bounces early like that (not an LBJ specific take).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
RashardA wrote:

I hated his antics before he came here & I still dont like it when he pulls the BS as a Laker.

Last time I said this people jumped down my throat and called me an LBJ hater. But I think he should've at least stayed and congratulated the PHX players. It's just not a good look when any player bounces early like that (not an LBJ specific take).

Yeah there is no hating here. Bottom line is LeCalculated is what he is.

Tbh the 2019-20 Lakers weren’t the typical Lebron team. The China controversy was like the biggest drama of the season. 2020-21 Lakers were more like your typical LBJ teams with all the drama and role players wanting a say and being passive aggressive and cryptic on twitter/Instagram.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
RashardA wrote:

Idk how many of the suns roster he talked to but Lebron did congratulate Booker afterwards…there’s picture of them together in the lockers after the game
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James is changing his jersey number from No. 23 to No. 6 next season, sources tell me and @tim_cato. Anthony Davis is expected to remain No. 3.

Oh man I thought my AD Jersey was going to be unique like my Kobe 8
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
You can’t trade Bron. Dude came here when we were the joke of the league. I’m certainly not a fan of some of what Bron does on and off the court, but he makes a valid argument for GOAT and I don’t deny it. Never mind that he brought us a championship after all those years of being stomped on by the freaking Clippers. I would give him the Kobe treatment. Play as long as you want. That’s the reason AD chose us over the Celtics. Never forget what relationships and soft skills do in the world. I use to think otherwise but boy was I wrong.

Not to mention its a players league now. If the front office were to pull something like that players would avoid the Lakers in free agency. It sends a terrible message about the ownership.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James is changing his jersey number from No. 23 to No. 6 next season, sources tell me and @tim_cato. Anthony Davis is expected to remain No. 3.

Maybe AD switches numbers if we bring in Beal or CJ (they both wear #3) so AD's kinda safeguarding his number so no rook or scrub signing here can claim it.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

It's going to suck if LBJ only wins one title but gets two numbers up in the rafters. I wasn't thrilled that Kobe had two numbers and the rest only had one... but at least I understood it considering his longevity with the team.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
It's going to suck if LBJ only wins one title but gets two numbers up in the rafters. I wasn't thrilled that Kobe had two numbers and the rest only had one... but at least I understood it considering his longevity with the team.

I'll be sure to let LBJ know that.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Lebron would score some good PR points if Jordan made a cameo in the movie, wearing #23, and being presented as the GOAT.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I'll be sure to let LBJ know that.

Lol…idk why there’s even a need to have any negative/positive feelings over this.

It is what it is. Let’s move on with the day
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

He Better Stop his Twitter nonsense and focus on the game. He is not young anymore and no matter how much he talks, entire NBA knows that he can't back that up with his play.
"play off mode activated"
"thunder storms Coming"
"have Big shoulders to carry"
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
He Better Stop his Twitter nonsense and focus on the game. He is not young anymore and no matter how much he talks, entire NBA knows that he can't back that up with his play.
"play off mode activated"
"thunder storms Coming"
"have Big shoulders to carry"

To be fair, he carried the #WashedKing narrative all last season and it ended well.

I think the biggest distinction with the comments you mentioned was that he made them while he was hurt. He needs to learn that he isn't young anymore. Can't play through injuries like he once did and he's going to get injured more as he ages. I like the confidence he carries himself with, but at this age he needs to just do it instead of saying it.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Idk how many of the suns roster he talked to but Lebron did congratulate Booker afterwards…there’s picture of them together in the lockers after the game

This is 2021, I'm sure these guys are all communicating via social media or whatever and saying "congrats on the win." I mean the formality and decorum in all aspects of modern life have changed dramatically, I'm not sure why anyone is even making a big deal out of this other than trying to find another reason to hate.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
2020-21 Lakers were more like your typical LBJ teams with all the drama and role players wanting a say and being passive aggressive and cryptic on twitter/Instagram.

I admit to being not following this season nearly as closely as past seasons, but what drama are we even talking about? DS turning down a contract and wanting to start and violating covid protocols? Sounds like a DS problem, not a Lakers or Lebron problem. What other drama was there? They got insufficient time between seasons, had predictable injury issues because of it, limited practice time on account of a compressed schedule, and they ultimately failed over not being healthy and having time to really gel as a team. The end. Anything else would be LGers being dramatic and making mountains out of molehills for the purpose of pissing and moaning about it.

Give these guys a normal offseason and normal regular season and they're still playing and everyone is happy. These offseason autopsies looking for personalities to blame over the more obvious and ultimate reasons for failure are absurd. Reading tea leaves over his body language or tweets or whatever is just asinine. The man was hurt and exhausted mentally and physically. The end. Everything else is noise.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Maybe AD switches numbers if we bring in Beal or CJ (they both wear #3) so AD's kinda safeguarding his number so no rook or scrub signing here can claim it.

Lebron probably changed his number partly to tie in with the Space Jam movie, he wears #6 in that
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

kobe had two HOF careers in those jerseys. he deserved both. Bron wont get both.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Relax guys. That Solomon Hill injury gave Lebron no time to get his rhythm back and our offense depends entirely on Lebron. Thats why we were so out-of-sync and guys couldn't make shots.

Historically, Lebron has been very durable and consistent. So going with that trend, I expect him to come back next season in his MVP form again. Barring an unfortunate injury like he incurred this season, he's going to carry the Lakers again in the playoffs. What we really need is some insurance for AD, aka, two quality bigs. That way if AD went down again, we would still have a fighting chance of winning it all.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

kobe had two HOF careers in those jerseys. he deserved both. Bron wont get both.

He did wear #6 with Miami which was HOF career.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

I personally don't care if either jersey gets retired, I'm just glad he and AD were able to win a chip. I can't imagine what it would be like around here if not for that championship.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

If Bron fails to win next season, he will run back to Heat who will likely have better roster than lakers. Pat Riley was already fined for peanut butter on his take on bron. Sounds familiar? 😉
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject:

Why didn't Lebron have to an exit interview?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Lebron probably changed his number partly to tie in with the Space Jam movie, he wears #6 in that

be dope if there's an incoming 23 lol but only Draymond is decent on the list
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Someone on twitter pulled up a picture of Florida Gators Bradley Beal wearing 23
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

OR someone told Bron and AD that he's coming, on the condition he gets #23?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1587, 1588, 1589 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1588 of 2082
Jump to: