ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Watching Drummond was underwhelming to say the least he had a lot of good moments but his lack of awareness on D should make the FO hesitate in bringing him back, you can spend that money on someone like JaVale or Dwight or Noel.

Agreed....I would take Dwight back in a heart beat over Drummond. But he is going to be 36.....so somewhat risky. Noel is okay as well. I sure would like l to find a way to trade for Mitchell Robinson....can’t believe we drafted Wagner over him....another bonehead move.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Bye Drummond
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t mind kicking the tires, but the fact that Trez got dnp as a result could have a compounding effect. He may be so upset that he just walks now. I really don’t care if he stays, I just want him to opt in so we can move him and not lose him for nothing.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Andre has value to the Lakers as he provides some interior defense.

The lack of PT and camp did not allow them to develop it. But if cheap. I can see AD2 back. He gives the team interior play, something they value.

I am not his biggest fan. But I prefer him over Trez any day. Ideally we find someone who can block shots like AD2 but also shoot the 3 and give us some perimeter play. I hope AD2 is not promised a starting spot. He should move into Dwights old role off the bench and be an occasional starter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Andre has value to the Lakers as he provides some interior defense.

The lack of PT and camp did not allow them to develop it. But if cheap. I can see AD2 back. He gives the team interior play, something they value.

I am not his biggest fan. But I prefer him over Trez any day. Ideally we find someone who can block shots like AD2 but also shoot the 3 and give us some perimeter play. I hope AD2 is not promised a starting spot. He should move into Dwights old role off the bench and be an occasional starter.

Andre is only 27. I doubt he's at a stage of his career where he's ready to become a backup or settle for less money than he can get. You never know, but I'd be shocked if he's back next year.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

shoulda got dedmon
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

I can see him coming back tbh. He's been questioned and has something to prove at this point. Unless someone throws stupid money at him, which I as a GM would never do

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

i want Drummond back. where else you can find another proven low post defender/rim protector at his age. he's offense is limited but there's no perfect center out there to get. as for spacing, coaching staff should work with Drummond on developing a midrange shot, his free throw percentage has improved quite a bit from few years back, can't see why he can't develop a midrange shot to keep defenders honest.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

He’s just another $4M 5.

His kind is a dying breed. I don’t know how these guys don’t look around the league and just are thankful they even have a roster spot.

McGee and Howard have learned that lesson. We will see if Drummond gets it that he’s not a 10M+ player. If I’m the Lakers I’m not even offering the MLE, can’t waste cap space on traditional bigs in this NBA.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i want Drummond back. where else you can find another proven low post defender/rim protector at his age. he's offense is limited but there's no perfect center out there to get. as for spacing, coaching staff should work with Drummond on developing a midrange shot, his free throw percentage has improved quite a bit from few years back, can't see why he can't develop a midrange shot to keep defenders honest.

That is the big question. Drummond is clearly not an amazing fit but what are the other options out there that can give a potential double double every night at the five for basically vet min? We have not had a mad rush of vets willing to sign here for vet mins over the years since LBJ came over. So I don’t expect that to all the sudden change. The only one we really had was Cousins and we saw how that worked out. Dudes career is basically over.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

If he's good with the mini MLE (i.e. $6M) I can see the Lakers signing him. The team and coaching staff really appear to like him.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Both Drummond and DS's stocks were going down at the end of the season so I don't think we could get much for them in a S&T but I hope we get something. If we still had Zubac, he would be better than all of the options for bigs currently available
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

That is the big question. Drummond is clearly not an amazing fit but what are the other options out there that can give a potential double double every night at the five for basically vet min? We have not had a mad rush of vets willing to sign here for vet mins over the years since LBJ came over. So I don’t expect that to all the sudden change. The only one we really had was Cousins and we saw how that worked out. Dudes career is basically over.

Hard to really see how he fits... Never really had the chance or time to gel with Lebron and AD. He looked good in some games. Might be able to bring him back to a prove it kind of deal.

I dont mind bringing Howard or McGee back if Drummond is out of our price range.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Vet minimum or bye Felicia
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Hard to really see how he fits... Never really had the chance or time to gel with Lebron and AD. He looked good in some games. Might be able to bring him back to a prove it kind of deal.

I dont mind bringing Howard or McGee back if Drummond is out of our price range.

Softest/goofiest 7 footer ive ever watch play. How are you that big and miss muliple lay ups every game
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Softest/goofiest 7 footer ive ever watch play. How are you that big and miss muliple lay ups every game

He shoots 54% fg for his career. He does look goofy at times but he can gobble up rebounds in a high rate. I don't mind bringing him back for the right price. If he out of the price range then let him walk.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm guessing he will be getting more than what the team can offer him.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Biggest thing I’ve noticed is he doesn’t have the hands of Howard, fumbles many passes.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

What team will overpay for his services? He may have a good home right here with us assuming he's willing to accept a lesser role and not be a diva about needing to start, etc.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Biggest thing I’ve noticed is he doesn’t have the hands of Howard, fumbles many passes.

Words I thought I’d never hear.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
What team will overpay for his services? He may have a good home right here with us assuming he's willing to accept a lesser role and not be a diva about needing to start, etc.

A team going nowhere, like Cleveland already was.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I'd like to see him with us after a full training camp and practices. The guy is a legit impact player.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Both Drummond and DS's stocks were going down at the end of the season so I don't think we could get much for them in a S&T but I hope we get something. If we still had Zubac, he would be better than all of the options for bigs currently available

We don't have Drummond's bird rights, so we can't do a sign-and-trade with him.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Bring back Dwight
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

Dwight is a lock as a HOFer and an all time maybe top 10 player at his position. He is severely underrated.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 76 of 81
Jump to: