Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Per Athletic’s Buha:

Quote:
Marc Gasol on his future with the LA Lakers: "Obviously, they have a lot of decisions to make. I don’t think I’m at the top of the list of those decisions. We’ll see later on this summer how the team looks and what they want to do, what the plan is."

Still one of the wtf moments of the offseason. I liked Marc at the vet min and I still do his summer.

But we got cute and offered him a 5.5m 2 yr vet min guarantee deal instead of a 1yr vet min that would have given him 2.6m this year but wound have only been a 1.6m cap hit. Instead it was a 2.6m cap hit due to the 2yr guarantee and since we were hard capped, we needed to use a 2nd round pick to move McGee’s deal off the books.

We should have just gave Marc a wink wink saying he will definitely get a 1yr vet min this summer if he signed one last offseason too. That way we keep McGee, keep a future 2nd round pick and add Marc to the roster still. Smfh!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

I hope he returns.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

Same here. If he gets in even better shape, he would be fine in that Javale role. He is still a smart savvy vet and I felt he helped us more than hurt us. I think he really got a bad rap here, and most of it was his conditioning. He is really the least of our problems. He shot the ball better than some of our shooters....lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

He shot 65% from 3 in the playoffs when all our so called 3/D shooters shot in the 20s.

Yes he had quick guards blow by him but if AD is healthy he is protecting the backline.

We didn't get enough time to see Dennis/KCP/LBJ/AD/Marc as a starting group.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

He can stay, he shouldn't play big minutes but on limited on play time and as a matchup tool in the playoffs he can be handy

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

Absolutely ...... he gives us true leadership, high basketball IQ, stretches the floor with much needed 3pt shooting, and contributes to team defence.

The coaching staff needs to better utilize him. 10 to 15 minutes per game at the most.

On an aside, it would be great if he worked hard this offseason to return in better shape.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

Absolutely ...... he gives us true leadership, high basketball IQ, stretches the floor with much needed 3pt shooting, and contributes to team defence.

The coaching staff needs to better utilize him. 10 to 15 minutes per game at the most.

On an aside, it would be great if he worked hard this offseason to return in better shape.

It would also be great if the FO and Vogel utilize him and use him like they appreciate him as a player, they got him but then they got Harrell and added Drummond later in the season.. he was never a factor in the rotation because we were trying to incorporate multiple bigs.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Need to keep Gasol, give him regular minutes and consistency. He shot really well in the latter half of season and post season and just made our stagnant offense flow so well.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject:

He's a perfect back up stretch 5, need to convince him to stay since we gotta pay him anyway
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

True, Rob is showing both his inexperience as a GM and his expertise as a super agent and lawyer all at the same time. He loves making deals. He loves selling people.

He got Trez, Drummond, Marc, Dennis because he could, not that he should. Oh, Rob and his "stories"!

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

It would also be great if the FO and Vogel utilize him and use him like they appreciate him as a player, they got him but then they got Harrell and added Drummond later in the season.. he was never a factor in the rotation because we were trying to incorporate multiple bigs.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

Gasol is here next season unless we trade him, we already have him signed.

But Vogel needs to give the guy backup 5 minutes if we re-sign Drummond. And if Harrell signs the player option, he needs to be backup 4. This needs to be hammered into Vogel from the get go, and his job threatened if he decides to get cute about it again.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

But Vogel needs to give the guy backup 5 minutes if we re-sign Drummond. And if Harrell signs the player option, he needs to be backup 4. This needs to be hammered into Vogel from the get go, and his job threatened if he decides to get cute about it again.

Retirement is an option on the table for him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
MJST wrote:

I hope Gasol returns more than Drums.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
True, Rob is showing both his inexperience as a GM and his expertise as a super agent and lawyer all at the same time. He loves making deals. He loves selling people.

He got Trez, Drummond, Marc, Dennis because he could, not that he should. Oh, Rob and his "stories"!

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

Marc was in the starting lineup and wasn't producting at expected level until Drummond came upon the scene

Gasol, at his best, is a tremendous asset

Rob got the players that everybody, at the beginning of the season, highly praised him because it addressed the lack of a productive bench that occurred the previous season

Predicting that LBJ would have missed that many games and came back at 50-75% was not expected

Next seasons have other challenges and look forward to what the FO +AD/ALBJ will decide on
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gasol was sandbagging it until Drummond came to the scene. He’s more of a positional defender than a rim protector so having AD out kinda put wrench to our team and expose TRez too.

I hope he comes back too and so is Wes.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epic_ wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gasol was sandbagging it until Drummond came to the scene. He’s more of a positional defender than a rim protector so having AD out kinda put wrench to our team and expose TRez too.

Not sure if he was sandbagging it or not.
All I know is that Gasol in the starting lineup with AD, Bron, KCP and Dennis were a +13 net rating in 21 games.

Drums in for Gasol only got 3 games with that lineup and was a +3 net rating. Maybe some more time together and the Drums lineup does well? But I feel comfortable with the sample size and results from the Gasol lineup.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I hope he returns.

Marc was in the starting lineup and wasn't producting at expected level until Drummond came upon the scene

Gasol, at his best, is a tremendous asset

Rob got the players that everybody, at the beginning of the season, highly praised him because it addressed the lack of a productive bench that occurred the previous season

Predicting that LBJ would have missed that many games and came back at 50-75% was not expected

Next seasons have other challenges and look forward to what the FO +AD/ALBJ will decide on

I think a lot of that was due to him being an older veteran.. He was playing himself into shape and looked rough for sure for the first half or so of the season but then he started looking really good on both ends for a decent stretch until he got the Rona. He then came back and looked a bit rough at first but got back to his pre Rona form and stayed playing that way anytime he got minutes onto the final game in the Playoffs.

IMO, he needs to be looked at as a 10-15 mpg player at this point whether he starts or comes off the bench. We still need a heavy minute center for the regular season at least ala McGee, Howard, Drummond etc. No bs promises to any of them though about heavy minutes or starting when the Playoffs come around.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
CRoost wrote:
epic_ wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
MJST wrote:

Not sure if he was sandbagging it or not.
All I know is that Gasol in the starting lineup with AD, Bron, KCP and Dennis were a +13 net rating in 21 games.

Drums in for Gasol only got 3 games with that lineup and was a +3 net rating. Maybe some more time together and the Drums lineup does well? But I feel comfortable with the sample size and results from the Gasol lineup.

Thats because Gasol was very obviously the better fit. But some people were just fixated on hating on and scapegoating him.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

With the addition of Westbrook, we need this man’s floor spacing. i can see him with the starters again and having a bigger impact this upcoming year.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

Westbrook coming in makes Gasol that much more valuable. We'll need his spacing in the starting lineup. However, it makes signing a full-length backup center with vertical game and defensive range absolutely critical. Even with AD doing more minutes at the 5, we need a mobile defensive center to help in case AD gets into foul trouble.

Dwight would be ideal, then Nerlens Noel, then McGee as a decent fall-back. But we need a defensive rim-runner on the roster.

After that, shooters, shooters, shooters. I was leaning toward Burks from the Knicks, but I'll just as gladly take Bullock if either or both would come leave NY and come for the minimum.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1422444723860480007?s=21

Gasol returning to Lakers.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping he will retire from basketball. Not on level of NBA player anymore.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I was hoping he will retire from basketball. Not on level of NBA player anymore.

He was a net plus last season. That says he's still NBA level - at least in spurts.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

How did he look in Olympic? Slimmer?
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Gasol would be perfect on a team like the Nuggets backing up Jokić for 10-15 minutes a game
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 56 of 65
Jump to: