ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Mitchell’s pre 4th quarter speech was such a diss to the Clippers. “We gotta make them wanna quit and then they will” (paraphrasing)

LOL
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This is the Clippers last chance at finally getting over the hump, numerous teams are gonna be significantly Improved next year including the likely new revamped Lakers, it’s gonna be delicious if Kawhi walks and they trade Paul George and finally re-locate to Inglewood.

what makes you think that Lakers will be significantly better.

If you see Morris, Batum, Kennard, Jackson, Kennard have much higher value than KCP, DS, KUZ etc.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This is the Clippers last chance at finally getting over the hump, numerous teams are gonna be significantly Improved next year including the likely new revamped Lakers, it’s gonna be delicious if Kawhi walks and they trade Paul George and finally re-locate to Inglewood.

If you see Morris, Batum, Kennard, Jackson, Kennard have much higher value than KCP, DS, KUZ etc.

Pelinka has the flexibility to dangle a lot of assets.. Kuz-KCP .. ( DS/Trezz S&T) we will have a lot of vets on the FA market looking to ring chase.. the Lakers are in better position then the Clippers moving forward.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pelinka has the flexibility to dangle a lot of assets.. Kuz-KCP .. ( DS/Trezz S&T) we will have a lot of vets on the FA market looking to ring chase.. the Lakers are in better position then the Clippers moving forward.

Again,

what assets are you talking about? Why would DS agree for a S&T and why the other team agrees for it and hard cap themselves? DS looked like accommodating to you?

KCP and KUZ destroyed their trade value in playoffs.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Again,

what assets are you talking about? Why would DS agree for a S&T and why the other team agrees for it and hard cap themselves? DS looked like accommodating to you?

KCP definitely has value, if you were watching the games you would know that KCP wasn’t healthy in the playoffs, also I have not heard anyone bring up hard cap when it comes to DS S&T.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As players I'd value DS and KCP higher than Kennard and Jackson and Kuz over Batum.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I would love to see a Suns vs Clippers WCF. Two high scoring teams. Both arrogant and can back it up. Both teams have a couple of feisty players; Morris Sr. squaring off nose to nose with Jay Crowder, and Booker jawing with Pat Bev.
Utah's too boring for me and Denver is just outclassed. Suns v. Clippers would make for great television.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As players I'd value DS and KCP higher than Kennard and Jackson and Kuz over Batum.

Kennard is such a defensive liability that he has been paid 64 million to sit on the bench. Lue has finally reluctantly playing him, and Spider man was picking him a part. Yes, I'd value DS and KCP over those dudes. Kuz over Batum just on age alone. But you're talking to Roger_Federer, resident Clipper fan incognito.... so he thinks.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kennard is such a defensive liability that he has been paid 64 million to sit on the bench. Lue has finally reluctantly playing him, and Spider man was picking him a part. Yes, I'd value DS and KCP over those dudes. Kuz over Batum just on age alone. But you're talking to Roger_Federer, resident Clipper fan incognito.... so he thinks.

Kuz over Batum? I’ll take Balmer’s pit stains over Kuz.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thank you for conveniently leaving morris. Dude just killed mavs in game 6 and 7

If you put bron/Ad on clips roster, they would still be playing
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thank you for conveniently leaving morris. Dude just killed mavs in game 6 and 7

This guy...

AD and KCP was injured, you saying Bron (who not looking 100% himself) instead of healthy Kawhi/PG would've gone to 2nd round with the Clips roster?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Lebron, AD (for 2 or 3 games), Batum, Reggie (who’s been on fire), Kennard and Morris. I mean that does give them a ton of shooters who have been knocking down the 3. Defense wouldn’t be the best but should be good enough.
I don’t know if they’re the better group but during the playoffs the Clippers role player have played better than ours did, it’s the reason they’re still playing. They wouldn’t have beat Dallas if those guys, specifically Jackson and Morris, didn’t start knocking down all those 3’s. We had other issues with Lebron and AD being hurt but our role players certainly didn’t step up either.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Morris is 31 and aside from those two games, he has been terrible. Since you trashed Runway8 for what you deem to be "selective memory", let's look at Morris's postseason resume for this season.

Game #1 v. Dallas: 2-8 , 0-6 from 3, 4 pts.
Game #2 v. Dallas: 3-9 , 2-5 from 3, 9 pts.

Game #3 v. Dallas: 6-9 , 3-5 from 3, 15 pts.
Game #4 v. Dallas: 3-5, 1-2 from 3, 9 pts.
Game #5 v. Dallas: 5-13 , 4-8 from 3 , 16 pts.
Game #6 v. Dallas: 1-10 , 0-3 from 3 , 4 pts.
Game #7 v. Dallas: 8-15 , 7-9 from 3 , 23 pts.

Game #1 v. Utah: 4-14 , 1-9 from 3, 9 pts.

Every game that he has been an inefficient chucker, they have lost this series. Morris has "killed" his own team just as often this postseason than he has "killed" the opposition. Plus, his defense is either matador or hard, foul.

Let's be real, KCP has more value than all of them. He has shown up in the playoffs before. This postseason was an aberration for almost everyone on the team. He plays defense and has a history of hitting big shots. He didn't this postseason, however, I'll give that.

DS > Reggie Jackson simple because of the defense. Jackson is a better 3 point shooter, but DS is a better all-around player. Same thing for Kennard. Kennard can shoot, but he is atrocious defensively.

Kuzma is one of the players in the NBA that annoys me most, but I'd take him over Batum based on age alone. Kuzma is hot and cold, but Batum is 32 with a history of either being injured or flat-out quitting on his team (Charlotte).
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

It wouldn't be a stretch to say that of all the playoff teams, the Lakers had the worst performing collection of role players, by far. Sure, AD being injured was critical, but all AD being out did was to prevent AD/Lebron from covering up for the inept play of our role players. We got away with that flawed mentality of "AD, Lebron and whoever is hot" last season, this season, we couldn't swing it.

We lost mostly because our role players simply couldn't make shots.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Morris is 31 and aside from those two games, he has been terrible. Since you trashed Runway8 for what you deem to be "selective memory", let's look at Morris's postseason resume for this season.

Game #1 v. Dallas: 2-8 , 0-6 from 3, 4 pts.
Game #2 v. Dallas: 3-9 , 2-5 from 3, 9 pts.

Game #3 v. Dallas: 6-9 , 3-5 from 3, 15 pts.
Game #4 v. Dallas: 3-5, 1-2 from 3, 9 pts.
Game #5 v. Dallas: 5-13 , 4-8 from 3 , 16 pts.
Game #6 v. Dallas: 1-10 , 0-3 from 3 , 4 pts.
Game #7 v. Dallas: 8-15 , 7-9 from 3 , 23 pts.

Game #1 v. Utah: 4-14 , 1-9 from 3, 9 pts.

Every game that he has been an inefficient chucker, they have lost this series. Morris has "killed" his own team just as often this postseason than he has "killed" the opposition. Plus, his defense is either matador or hard, foul.

Let's be real, KCP has more value than all of them. He has shown up in the playoffs before. This postseason was an aberration for almost everyone on the team. He plays defense and has a history of hitting big shots. He didn't this postseason, however, I'll give that.

DS > Reggie Jackson simple because of the defense. Jackson is a better 3 point shooter, but DS is a better all-around player. Same thing for Kennard. Kennard can shoot, but he is atrocious defensively.

Kuzma is one of the players in the NBA that annoys me most, but I'd take him over Batum based on age alone. Kuzma is hot and cold, but Batum is 32 with a history of either being injured or flat-out quitting on his team (Charlotte).

Morris as a Role player did much better than any of our role players entire season ( including playoffs). He is not as good as KCP in defense but he provides much needed spacing for the others to attack the paint. why do you think Clips got so many points in the paint which Lakers couldn't.

All other role players did their part for clips. They were very competitive when KL/PG both sat out.

I don't give as much importance to Defense as you are. playing elite defense is very energy consuming and injury prone. All you need is elite offense and good defense.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

Clips beat MAVS though PG didn't show up most of the time. The only 2 games we beat SUNS were the ones where AD has monster games and you people say our role players are better than Clips
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

Clips beat MAVS though PG didn't show up most of the time. The only 2 games we beat SUNS were the ones where AD has monster games and you people say our role players are better than Clips
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The Suns would no longer be playing if AD had not been injured. Lakers had series under control until AD went down.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

I haven't seen anyone say that top to bottom the Lakers role players are better than the Clippers role players, just that certain Lakers role players are better than certain Clippers role players. A healthy LeBron and AD are also better than Kawhi and PG.

I wouldn't call AD scoring 34 a monster game. That's what a player of his caliber is expected to do in the playoffs. A monster game is the 47 that Booker put up, when Dame scored 55, or Mitchell with 45.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

Clippers still have a chance but Jazz have been clearly better so far. Jazz let their foot off the gas when they got leads. If Jazz get a healthy Conley back Clippers are toast. It will also be very hard for the Clippers to win a game 7 in Utah.

Jazz fans "overrated" chant for PG is priceless. It sounded like the entire arena was chanting it.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

Ty Lue, played Pat Bev 21 minutes last night and didn't play Rondo at all!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject:

It must be the second round . . .
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Ty Lue, played Pat Bev 21 minutes last night and didn't play Rondo at all!

Saw that this morning. Yikes!

Mann also didn’t play, but that’s understandable...still a young player.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Again,

Its not about DS accommodating us. He can get more money in a sign and trade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 344, 345, 346 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 345 of 439
Jump to: