OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6072, 6073, 6074 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Since we're talking about what the Lakers could've done...Bogi at 4/$72M would've been a bargain, no? Especially if Kuz/Green/1st could've gotten it done for the Kings......

gosh i wanted to do that trade for the 13pick which was haliburton. before he broke out on the scene this year.

i wanted green/kuzma/tht/2020 1st for s&t bogs/13
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
I'm down for a Horford trade.

I'm still more optimistic for a dynamic playmaker trade.

Didn't take much for PHX to get CP3.

With hindsight, we definitely should have given up KCP, Kuz and Green for CP3. Would have been a total game changer and would have carried a lighter load from AD and Lebron.

was that on the table?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here is the link to the Al Horford rumor if anyone cares, if anyone follows Hollinger maybe they might confirm

https://mobile.twitter.com/xxogpop_/status/1403081636296593408

It was just a passing comment about the Lakers’ off-season options, not the reporting of a rumor.

Quote:
The other route would be to trade for a merely “pretty good” player on a not-great contract, somebody like Al Horford or Andrew Wiggins. Even this pathway is fraught, however, as the Lakers would probably have to give up some combination of Kuzma, Harrell and draft equity, and/or sign-and-trade Horton-Tucker…. all to get somebody who doesn’t really move the needle that much, and still jacks up the payroll.

The Athletic (pay wall)
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

With hindsight, we definitely should have given up KCP, Kuz and Green for CP3. Would have been a total game changer and would have carried a lighter load from AD and Lebron.

was that on the table?

Quote:

In return for Paul and forward Abdel Nader, the Thunder received Kelly Oubre Jr., Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick from the Suns.

Same, if not better offer than what OKC received.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here is the link to the Al Horford rumor if anyone cares, if anyone follows Hollinger maybe they might confirm

It was just a passing comment about the Lakers’ off-season options, not the reporting of a rumor.

Quote:
The other route would be to trade for a merely “pretty good” player on a not-great contract, somebody like Al Horford or Andrew Wiggins. Even this pathway is fraught, however, as the Lakers would probably have to give up some combination of Kuzma, Harrell and draft equity, and/or sign-and-trade Horton-Tucker…. all to get somebody who doesn’t really move the needle that much, and still jacks up the payroll.

The Athletic (pay wall)

"SOMEBODY LIKE is spitballing......some enjoy that kind of talk..some do not.
I prefer legitimate rumors at least, but again to each there own.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Since we're talking about what the Lakers could've done...Bogi at 4/$72M would've been a bargain, no? Especially if Kuz/Green/1st could've gotten it done for the Kings......

Bargain, yes. Break even defensive player with Capela behind him too. Would have been perfectly good defensively at LAL.

Isn't he also a solid playmaker for a guy most people think is just a shooter? Maybe not a true secondary ballhandler like Schroder, but he could certainly help take some pressure off a lead guy.

Sticking to the same team, do you think Gallo as a reasonable option to pursue this summer on a team where he might be an odd man out, age and position wise?

I think someone like Gary Harris could be a good target. Maybe Kuz and the first. Can shoot and play good defense . Ideal fit
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Bargain, yes. Break even defensive player with Capela behind him too. Would have been perfectly good defensively at LAL.

Isn't he also a solid playmaker for a guy most people think is just a shooter? Maybe not a true secondary ballhandler like Schroder, but he could certainly help take some pressure off a lead guy.

Sticking to the same team, do you think Gallo as a reasonable option to pursue this summer on a team where he might be an odd man out, age and position wise?

I think someone like Gary Harris could be a good target. Maybe Kuz and the first. Can shoot and play good defense . Ideal fit

Not a fan of buddy? Or do you think we don't have assets for him?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I like him, but Harris isn't completely healed off his past injury and doesn't look like his former self.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Malik Beasley is another guy I would support trading for.

Minny doesn't need him since they are hoarding guards up there.

Maybe a 3 way trade with Kuzma heading out?

I was the 1 who bought up Malik Beasley recently..the risk in trading for him is that he needs to get his head on straight.

Worth the risk IMO. He'll fall in line on a Lebron team. Even if it is in LA.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:

The Athletic (pay wall)

Thanks Arenas Hunter, hopefully you guys can now cut me some slack I’m just trying to share what I see in this groundhog days of the summer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I was the 1 who bought up Malik Beasley recently..the risk in trading for him is that he needs to get his head on straight.

Playing on a team full of vets could potentially be good for him to get his issues back on track.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Playing on a team full of vets could potentially be good for him to get his issues back on track.

Some dudes are just knuckleheads, it doesn't matter who they are playing with. Maybe it's the last name that does it for me. BEASLEY😂😂😂😂
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Hope there's a way to get Malcolm Brogdon and Myles Turner. I know Indiana is a hard team to deal with, but I think Rob can pull it off.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He certainly likes to shoot on and off the court.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

I like him, but Harris isn't completely healed off his past injury and doesn't look like his former self.

Which makes him more of a realistic target . I think he’s young enough plus it’s a last year of his salary and he is not known for his ego so definitely worth a risk. If we can sign and trade Schroder without losing our pick, that would be more ideal for us.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Gary Harris is a good player even Stu Lantz has spoken highly of him.. the problem is he’s been getting injured in recent years and can’t stay on the floor.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:

The Athletic (pay wall)

Thanks Arenas Hunter, hopefully you guys can now cut me some slack I’m just trying to share what I see in this groundhog days of the summer.

If you dig in, this is not a rumor at all. It's a hypothetical.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:

The Athletic (pay wall)

If you dig in, this is not a rumor at all. It's a hypothetical.

That’s why I thanked Arenas Hunter for posting the link, now we all know it was just a idea by Hollinger and not something he heard from his sources.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Well done.

Typical LG hypocrites. Make a big stink. Even make a thread about how we need shooters.

And when I bring up the most versatile shooter in the league. Crickets.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Which makes him more of a realistic target . I think he’s young enough plus it’s a last year of his salary and he is not known for his ego so definitely worth a risk. If we can sign and trade Schroder without losing our pick, that would be more ideal for us.

Personally I want a move that moves the needle more than just a 3 and D guy. If there's a creator available, like CP3 was last year for teams, that's who I'd aim for. Anyone in the ilk of Bogdanovic, which is no one, but still worth exploring.

I don't think 3 and D types cut it, especially smaller guys. LAL has lots of those.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well done.

Typical LG hypocrites. Make a big stink. Even make a thread about how we need shooters.

Ha. He’s a talented scorer. Wouldn’t it be ironic if both DLO/Kuz end up in Minny?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I'm trying not to think about it, because dynamic playmakers to that level are so hard to get.

As I remember it, that was just an idea that some reporter came up with, when people were bandying about Chris Paul to the Lakers trade. I don't recall any reporting that suggested the deal was actually available to us.

That part doesn't matter to me. I just saw what PHX gave up and thought LAL could give a competitive offer.

So many of these things go unreported until the deal is pretty much done anyway.

That's cool.

I just didn't want people to think this was a deal we passed on.

It was just some trade idea someone proposed.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Well done.

1) Damn, dude. No need to start a stink just because your post didn't do numbers.

2) How bad is Beasley on defense?

3) Why are the Timberwolves trading him in the first place and how are the Lakers acquiring him?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I'm trying not to think about it, because dynamic playmakers to that level are so hard to get.

As I remember it, that was just an idea that some reporter came up with, when people were bandying about Chris Paul to the Lakers trade. I don't recall any reporting that suggested the deal was actually available to us.

That part doesn't matter to me. I just saw what PHX gave up and thought LAL could give a competitive offer.

So many of these things go unreported until the deal is pretty much done anyway.

That's cool.

I just didn't want people to think this was a deal we passed on.

It was just some trade idea someone proposed.

No worries. Right now I'm just stuck on the idea of trading to CLE since I'm sure Kevin Love wants to move, but it doesn't really address team needs in term of rim protection or creative playmaking. I think LAL missed out on opportunities with CP3, Bogdanovic, Lowry, and that's it for the primetime creators.

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
CRoost wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Personally I want a move that moves the needle more than just a 3 and D guy. If there's a creator available, like CP3 was last year for teams, that's who I'd aim for. Anyone in the ilk of Bogdanovic, which is no one, but still worth exploring.

I don't think 3 and D types cut it, especially smaller guys. LAL has lots of those.

Bogdanovic makes it easier more for Trae Young so definitely not available. Schroder had a nice year at OKC, maybe we can sign and trade him back along with our first pick for Horford and the rights to Micic. Micic wants to move on to NBA. Maybe that mini MLE is enough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6072, 6073, 6074 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6073 of 8560
Jump to: