Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I think we can all agree that to think we are the only creatures that exist in the vastness of space is more ego than anything.

If you fell from the sky you have a better chance of hitting water. So why is it so shocking that the majority of sightings happen off shore.

Unfortunately the govt probably wont tell us everything they know as to protect humans. They know our mental make up.

I think this was addressed before, but just in case it wasn't:

Even if we all were to agree that the fact that life evolved here means it's logical to think the possibility it could have elsewhere, that's just the beginning of the equation for alien visitation here. As vast as the universe is, there are also a vast number of conditions that must come together for even the most primitive forms of life to come to fruition.

But let's say that has occurred elsewhere out there. Those primitive life forms would face a challenging route to reaching even rudimentary levels of intelligence. Just look at how long, and how many stops and starts, life took to evolve to humanoid form and for humans to reach the point we have in regards to intelligence, and then to technological advancement. And we are a long way from reaching intergalactic travel—if ever. As technologically advanced as we are, we have absolutely no clue as to how travel through the depths of the Universe. How many extinctions have occurred on this planet that wiped out life almost entirely? The odds of another mass die off here is much more likely before we ever reach the ability to travel intergalactically. If we were to agree that because intelligent life happened here, it happened elsewhere, logically that intelligent life would face the same astronomical odds of existing long enough to achieve the ability to travel throughout the Universe.

Then, even if all those odds were met somewhere out there in that almost infinite expanse, what are the chances that of all the galaxies, solar systems and planets out there, this is where they end up? Pretty freaking impossible really. For such life forms to end up here of all places, there would have to be countless sources of origin for even one of those highly intelligent societies to end up here.

Almost lastly (and ignoring so many other factors involved), even if they did somehow end up here, their arrival wouldn't be so random that it equates to just dropping out of the sky in any old spot. It wouldn't just be mostly at sea simply because the oceans dominate the surface of the planet. Such a life form would have a plan and it wouldn't be simply lurking out over the planet's oceans.

And penultimately, if all of the above somehow all came about, it is highly unlikely that they would do so only to remain known only to the governments of the world, much less just one. If it were multiple governments with such knowledge, given the way humans behave, it's unlikely those governments would be able to cooperate to collectively conceal such knowledge from the citizens of the various countries. Conversely, if it were just one government, the odds of them being able to conceal such a huge revelation from others is equally unlikely.

All of this just barely touches on the multitude reasons of why the leap from unexplainable aerial phenomenon to the visitation of alien life his illogical.

Does anything more need to be said? Its amazing how grown adult minds can reach such batchit crazy conclusions.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Does anything more need to be said? Its amazing how grown adult minds can reach such batchit crazy conclusions.

Talk to any relatives who are Trump supporters and then come back & tell me if you stand by that statement.

I'm actually not surprised at all. Start with human psychology. We are pattern-recognizing creaturs, and see patterns even when they're not really there. We have hypersensitive agency detection. Our brains suffer from myriad perception and cognition errors. And then, we are storytelling, narrative driven creatures, and are even hardwired for belief. Add onto that the fact that we don't naturally engage in the kind of critical thinking necessary to work through issues like these (as has been demonstrated in this thread), coupled with cognitive flaws like Semmelweis reflex, backfire effect, continued influence effect and the bias blind spot effect, and then combine all that with the inculcation of echo chambers, where people aren't told and don't ever have to contend with contradictory information, and instead can just experience the dopamine effects from people telling them they're right. This sort of thing isn't hard to understand at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

One person's batcrap crazy is another's reason to stop the steal.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Long listen, almost an hour and a half.

We Are Not Alone In Universe, NASA Scientists Say

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

That's an inaccurate description of what is said: "It’s highly unlikely we’re alone in the universe . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

That's an inaccurate description of what is said: "It’s highly unlikely we’re alone in the universe . . ."

Did you watch the entire video? What are the inaccuracies? The article also says “It’s highly improbable in the limitless vastness of the universe that we humans stand alone,”

Semantics? Is the title hypothetical?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Did you watch the entire video? What are the inaccuracies? The article also says “It’s highly improbable in the limitless vastness of the universe that we humans stand alone,”

This is the rational that causes so much dissension between those that are committed to the narrative of alien visitation and those who point out we are well short of the burden of proof on the issue.

Nowhere is it stated that we know for sure we are not alone. It is simply stated that there is a likely probability of it. The extension of that possibility to definitive fact is unsubstantiated and is what gets so many people like unleashhell into trouble by stating conjecture as fact.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

This is the rational that causes so much dissension between those that are committed to the narrative of alien visitation and those who point out we are well short of the burden of proof on the issue.

Nowhere is it stated that we know for sure we are not alone. It is simply stated that there is a likely probability of it. The extension of that possibility to definitive fact is unsubstantiated and is what gets so many people like unleashhell into trouble by stating conjecture as fact.

Correct on both counts.

The lack of definitive evidence is what makes UFOs subjective. Until an alien spacecraft is found and examined it will remain as such.

I'm of a mind we are not alone in the universe but again, until a little green man is interviewed that will also be subjective.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

^we don’t know if a ufo has been discovered. I certainly have zero faith in our government or any government telling us the truth.

They know better than anyone the negative impact it would have on many.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
^we don’t know if a ufo has been discovered. I certainly have zero faith in our government or any government telling us the truth.

We don't know if one has been discovered. All we have is conjecture. Key phrase "We don't know." Area 51.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

We don't know if one has been discovered. All we have is conjecture. Key phrase "We don't know." Area 51.

exactly. but there is a much better chance of aliens than of the folk tales written about in religious books.

So if someone discounts the possibility of aliens yet believes in the pearly gates
I would think that person isnt that enlightened. Science opens up the possibility of ET's, however i dont know if it does the same for a place called heaven or whatever its referred to in the different books.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Sure, the government would certainly have motive to try and keep it quiet. It would also be virtually impossible for something so huge not to have been leaked.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Sure, the government would certainly have motive to try and keep it quiet. It would also be virtually impossible for something so huge not to have been leaked.

not really . Its not about them coming here only recently. they may have visited 70yrs ago. Youve seen men in black j/k
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

exactly. but there is a much better chance of aliens than of the folk tales written about in religious books.

So if someone discounts the possibility of aliens yet believes in the pearly gates
I would think that person isnt that enlightened. Science opens up the possibility of ET's, however i dont know if it does the same for a place called heaven or whatever its referred to in the different books.

Science and religion are water and oil, the two don't mix. Science is based on fact, religion based on conjecture. I don't think that to be a good analogy.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Science and religion are water and oil, the two don't mix. Science is based on fact, religion based on conjecture. I don't think that to be a good analogy.

Science is based on evidence.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

Religious claims don't even come close to what is required to form a hypothesis. At best its wild conjecture with untested and unverified data. One thing about UFO believers that I do notice is that they fall into the same kind of thinking on a wide variety of subjects and easily fall prey to conspiracy theories as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Science is based on evidence.

A more accurate terminology.

LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

There are plenty of things science can't explain yet. I've had so many paranormal experiences that I've just had to accept there are things that are beyond our comprehension.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
There are plenty of things science can't explain yet. I've had so many paranormal experiences that I've just had to accept there are things that are beyond our comprehension.

Its better to say that you don't know than make things up. Science is the best avenue we have towards discovery.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Its better to say that you don't know than make things up. Science is the best avenue we have towards discovery.

You're right, I don't know how to explain watching a candle go flying off a shelf in front of my like someone smacked it off. I don't know how to explain being alone in a house and hearing someone else talking in the next room. Or be alone at night and hearing something walking up and down your hallway opening and closing doors.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
nickuku wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

You're right, I don't know how to explain watching a candle go flying off a shelf in front of my like someone smacked it off. I don't know how to explain being alone in a house and hearing someone else talking in the next room. Or be alone at night and hearing something walking up and down your hallway opening and closing doors.

You may want to see a doctor and/or psychiatrist.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
nickuku wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

You may want to see a doctor and/or psychiatrist.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

My point is that millions of people believe in religion but would scoff at the thought of aliens being real. because if they believe aliens are real it kills the idea that we were created in gods image.

This is why I say the govt would try to hide any possible findings. For the open minded finding out there are aliens would be an OMFG , wow moment but believable.

For the devout it would change everything. Industries would fall, some who need religion for purpose or support would have to rethink everything they have been taught.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

My point is that millions of people believe in religion but would scoff at the thought of aliens being real. because if they believe aliens are real it kills the idea that we were created in gods image.

This is why I say the govt would try to hide any possible findings. For the open minded finding out there are aliens would be an OMFG , wow moment but believable.

For the devout it would change everything. Industries would fall, some who need religion for purpose or support would have to rethink everything they have been taught.

Sorry, but to me, that is as far out at the edge of the universe. You're speaking for millions, millions you know nothing about. What gives you that authority?

You don't know what the people of whom you speak really believe, you're assuming and you know what assume does, makes an Ass out of U and ME

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Sorry, but to me, that is as far out at the edge of the universe. You're speaking for millions, millions you know nothing about. What gives you that authority?

You don't know what the people of whom you speak really believe, you're assuming and you know what assume does, makes an Ass out of U and ME

I don't know why you are arguing so vigorously against the obvious. Of course the discovery of intelligent, alien life would rattle the ideals of the religious. I mean, they claim that dinosaurs aren't real despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. Do you really think they are just going to sit back and say, "Oh aliens . . . yeah, makes total sense!"?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: