Playoff Discussion (potential Laker opponents)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 433, 434, 435  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Mitchell and JC played amazing and Jazz won by single digit at home. Mitchell and Bagdon limping. Conley still out. If you are a Jazz fan, will you be comfortable?

considering the jazz are historically the best 3pt shooting team, they had a game where they missed 21 shots in a row and havent lost a game with spida in the line up. I would.

There was a chunk of the season where they were dominant. They have looked like that team since gm2 against grizz.

Plus we have to judge guys off of the now. Spida thus postseason has been better than Kawai and its not even close.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Reggie Jackson was available this off season, he was a very late sign by the clips, he's averaging 16.2 while shooting 42% from 3s in the playoffs (averaging 8 attempts), he would be a better fit here instead of DS

to pick up that kind of talent, you need to do lot of home work. But its easy to go after shiny objects like DS and Trez.

Jackson CHOSE the Clips as a buyout guy last year. More likely he wanted to stay on the Clips as opposed to us not trying to find bargain basement deals. Clips IIRC now will have early bird rights on him after 2 seasons of service on the Clips.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

While I don’t think the Jazz will blow this 2-0 lead, the Clippers aren’t the team from last year that is just gonna roll over either. If somehow the Clippers win the next 2 games I think they can win the series. Fortunately for Utah they seem to have that killer instinct that a lot of championship teams have and I can’t see them losing 2 in a row.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Clippers say C/F Serge Ibaka underwent season-ending back surgery.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
2m
Clippers say C/F Serge Ibaka underwent season-ending back surgery.

“The Clippers starting 5 has never lost a playoff series.” Lol
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

i bet clippers wished they could change course and play us in rd 1. Then the suns.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mitchell and JC played amazing and Jazz won by single digit at home. Mitchell and Bagdon limping. Conley still out. If you are a Jazz fan, will you be comfortable?

considering the jazz are historically the best 3pt shooting team, they had a game where they missed 21 shots in a row and havent lost a game with spida in the line up. I would.

There was a chunk of the season where they were dominant. They have looked like that team since gm2 against grizz.

Plus we have to judge guys off of the now. Spida thus postseason has been better than Kawai and its not even close.

Am not sure they are historically best 3pt. If i remember corrrectly, clips lead the nba in 3pt shooting %.

Clarskson shooting more than 50% from 3 in last 2 games. His season avg is 38%. You think he will hold?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Uh, yeah.

Utah has a 2-0 lead and is going somewhere where the Clippers have only won once in 4 tries this postseason.

I know it hurts to hear that your team is down 0-2, but yes I'd feel comfortable if I was Utah.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Reggie Jackson was available this off season, he was a very late sign by the clips, he's averaging 16.2 while shooting 42% from 3s in the playoffs (averaging 8 attempts), he would be a better fit here instead of DS

to pick up that kind of talent, you need to do lot of home work. But its easy to go after shiny objects like DS and Trez.

Jackson CHOSE the Clips as a buyout guy last year. More likely he wanted to stay on the Clips as opposed to us not trying to find bargain basement deals. Clips IIRC now will have early bird rights on him after 2 seasons of service on the Clips.

He's huge buddies with PG and wanted to join him; the Lakers were never a choice.
(The narratives that arise of of nowhere SMH)
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Jackson chose his BFF Paul George to play with
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Am not sure they are historically best 3pt. If i remember corrrectly, clips lead the nba in 3pt shooting %.

Clarskson shooting more than 50% from 3 in last 2 games. His season avg is 38%. You think he will hold?

You think Jackson scores 29 points again?... Jackson was the reason game 2 was not a blow out... Also PG did pad his stats at the end there.

I be feeling good If I were the Jazz... They only have to win 1 in LA... Even if they lose both they are going home in that hostile crowd game 5.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, i'm feeling pretty great right now if i'm the Jazz.. They have looked like the clear better team for both games which is all you can really ask for. I don't think the series is over by any stretch right now but if the Jazz take game 3 in LA it's over imo.

You can make the case about role players on either team possibly playing better or worse but in a series like this it usually always comes down to the superstars and right now Mitchell has been far and away the best player in this series and it hasn't been even close thus far. For the Clips to have a chance Kawhi or PG13 ( ) have to be the best player for the next few imo. PG13 especially though has been absolutely pathetic for much of the 2 games so far. All that talk and chest pounding leading to a trash Playoff performance yet again.

As far as overperforming role players go though I see Jackson coming back down to earth before Clarkson who was the 6thMOTY for a reason.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

you are correct, they MADE the most per game. Doesnt mean they are the best.
https://www.slcdunk.com/the-downbeat-latest-jazz-news/2021/5/13/22434202/utah-jazz-best-three-point-shooting-team-nba-history
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jeff Skversky
@JeffSkversky

Sixers Danny Green - right calf strain, will not return.

Danny would've fit right in
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Atlanta not having a legitimate second option hurts them. Easy to neutralize shooters if no one (with the exception of young) can create for them.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

"From that angle you can't tell if he tripped or not"

While replay clearly shows Embiid tripping on his own feet.

I love Hubie but he's missing all these simple observations.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
"From that angle you can't tell if he tripped or not"

While replay clearly shows Embiid tripping on his own feet.

I love Hubie but he's missing all these simple observations.

Dude is 87.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Man Ayton is finishing at such a high rate. I know some have been easy looks, but he has just been automatic.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Defensively and just overall there’s not really a comparison but stylistically Booker is so similar to Kobe. He not only took a lot of his moves but he really got the footwork down so they look just as good.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Defensively and just overall there’s not really a comparison but stylistically Booker is so similar to Kobe. He not only took a lot of his moves but he really got the footwork down so they look just as good.

I love booker. There are so many great young players. As some point we need to get one
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Man Ayton is finishing at such a high rate. I know some have been easy looks, but he has just been automatic.

They have been spoon feeding him.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Bron, what have you done to Crowder
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

They have been spoon feeding him.

Yea I think I said that in my first post, but some of those buckets can be taken for granted. Every hook, flip shot he has he’s making.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I love booker. There are so many great young players. As some point we need to get one

For real. Seeing Luka, Trae, Mitchell, Booker and Ja just torching teams has been great. It’ll be even better next year when Jokic gets Murray back.

Side note, MPJ seems to have runaway in the MPJ vs Kuzma debate.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Suns just it going right now... I mean they been hot since game 5. Just shooting lights out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 433, 434, 435  Next
Page 76 of 435
Jump to: