UFO’s
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
^we don’t know if a ufo has been discovered. I certainly have zero faith in our government or any government telling us the truth.

They know better than anyone the negative impact it would have on many.

We don't know if one has been discovered. All we have is conjecture. Key phrase "We don't know." Area 51.

exactly. but there is a much better chance of aliens than of the folk tales written about in religious books.

So if someone discounts the possibility of aliens yet believes in the pearly gates
I would think that person isnt that enlightened. Science opens up the possibility of ET's, however i dont know if it does the same for a place called heaven or whatever its referred to in the different books.

Science and religion are water and oil, the two don't mix. Science is based on fact, religion based on conjecture. I don't think that to be a good analogy.

My point is that millions of people believe in religion but would scoff at the thought of aliens being real. because if they believe aliens are real it kills the idea that we were created in gods image.

This is why I say the govt would try to hide any possible findings. For the open minded finding out there are aliens would be an OMFG , wow moment but believable.

For the devout it would change everything. Industries would fall, some who need religion for purpose or support would have to rethink everything they have been taught.

Sorry, but to me, that is as far out at the edge of the universe. You're speaking for millions, millions you know nothing about. What gives you that authority?

You don't know what the people of whom you speak really believe, you're assuming and you know what assume does, makes an Ass out of U and ME

I don't know why you are arguing so vigorously against the obvious. Of course the discovery of intelligent, alien life would rattle the ideals of the religious. I mean, they claim that dinosaurs aren't real despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. Do you really think they are just going to sit back and say, "Oh aliens . . . yeah, makes total sense!"?

I'm arguing from the premise of we don't know. We don't know if there's intelligent life in the universe or not. We don't know if aliens exist or not. I'm not in a position to speak for millions of people I don't know. How do you? How you arrive at a definite conclusion of how millions feel to me is an assumption, you don't know. I understand it might rattle the ideals. I'll concede that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Isn't religion one big assumption that god exists despite no supporting evidence? Isn't one of the tenants of relgion is that humanity is special, more specifically people that follow that religion. You don't think that if somehow we were visited by intelligent aliens it would completely invalidate the core doctrine of pretty much every religion?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Build a space wall! We don't need these illegal extraterrestrial aliens stealing our jobs. Besides they aren't sending their best. They are sending their probers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Isn't religion one big assumption that god exists despite no supporting evidence? Isn't one of the tenants of relgion is that humanity is special, more specifically people that follow that religion. You don't think that if somehow we were visited by intelligent aliens it would completely invalidate the core doctrine of pretty much every religion?

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Don't those heavens include the unknown universe?

I think religious people would believe that aliens would be one of Gods creations. I don't know, I think

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Undeniable
Freaking
Outlier
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Don't those heavens include the unknown universe?

I think religious people would attribute that the existence of aliens would be of Gods making. I don't know, I think

but doesnt the book also say we were created in his image? If so aliens would be far superior beings.

Was earth first or second?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Don't those heavens include the unknown universe?

I think religious people would attribute that the existence of aliens would be of Gods making. I don't know, I think

but doesnt the book also say we were created in his image?

If so aliens would be far superior beings.

Was earth first or second?

Were aliens also created in his image? What is his image? Aliens may look like us. They may not be the little green men we see in comic books. Or creatures like those in War of the Worlds.

There you go again, making assumptions. You've never seen an alien, how do you know they're superior? You make statements that are definite. I'm from the book of I don't know.

Earth may be far from first or it might be first, I don't know.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

I think religious people would believe that aliens would be one of Gods creations. I don't know, I think

Then why do they not feel the same about dinosaurs? If they view the prior existence of those as a threat to their idea of God's creation, it's pretty obvious the concept of alien existence would be a greater threat to that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

I'm not a biblical expert but heavens sounds more like the biblical version of heaven rather than the universe as we know it. Moreover how do we know the bible is even correct? Simply going back to some verses in the bible does nothing seeing how inconsistent and contradictory it is to itself. What about the other hundreds of other religious texts that tells different versions of creation? They can't all be right.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

Then why do they not feel the same about dinosaurs? If they view the prior existence of those as a threat to their idea of God's creation, it's pretty obvious the concept of alien existence would be a greater threat to that.

The version I hear is dinosaurs existed on the ark.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

If this stuff is man made then it should be a crime against humanity that the tech has been kept from the world.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
If this stuff is man made then it should be a crime against humanity that the tech has been kept from the world.

Unfortunately, lots of tech has been kept from civilians. Until about 20 years ago, GPS accuracy in civilian devices was intentionally degraded by the government.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

The version I hear is dinosaurs existed on the ark.

Young Earth Creationists are idiotic. There are alot of Christians out there that can reconcile what's in the Bible with science. Pretty much they chalk up stuff like Earth being made in 7 days as Moses having limited ability to understand what God was telling/showing him.

Like if you tried to explain the world to an ant. And then that ant tried to write and explain what you showed him to other ants.

The dinosaur and evolution beef Young Earth Creationists have is pretty similar to when members of the church clung to a story of the sun moving backwards 10 degrees to argue against heliocentrism.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

I'm not a biblical expert but heavens sounds more like the biblical version of heaven rather than the universe as we know it. Moreover how do we know the bible is even correct? Simply going back to some verses in the bible does nothing seeing how inconsistent and contradictory it is to itself. What about the other hundreds of other religious texts that tells different versions of creation? They can't all be right.

It means the skies and beyond. The real incompatibility is the passion play that is the heart of the Bible, that we are part of a bet between god and satan, and are the only world he’s allowed to “tempt”. So it would t be logical that the perfect and sinless beings from other worlds/realms would be allowed to travel here and screw up the game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

Why would they feel the prior existence of dinosaurs a threat to their idea of God? If I were to wager a guess, I'd guess they think dinosaurs are one of God's creations same as the would aliens being one.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by jodeke double post.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

I'm not a biblical expert but heavens sounds more like the biblical version of heaven rather than the universe as we know it. Moreover how do we know the bible is even correct?

Simply going back to some verses in the bible does nothing seeing how inconsistent and contradictory it is to itself. What about the other hundreds of other religious texts that tells different versions of creation? They can't all be right.

We don't know. Religion is faith. You have it or you don't.

The bible is very contradictory. It also has a fear element. I don't know where it's written but I've heard the phrase fear of God.

I'm not a religious zealot, I have respect for the unknown. Albert Camus

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

Why would they feel the prior existence of dinosaurs a threat to their idea of God? If I were to wager a guess, I'd guess they think dinosaurs are one of God's creations same as the would aliens being one.

Except they don't. They deny they ever existed, even to the point of claiming that God put dinosaur fossils on Earth as a test of faith. They also go so far as to deny evolution in order to separate Man from the rest of the creatures of the planet.

But you have this bizarre notion that the religious are simply going to accept the notion of aliens from another planet (there is only one Earth in the bible) as being another creation of God . . . that's just utterly ridiculous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
nickuku wrote:

NO

Genesis 1
The Beginning

Except they don't. They deny they ever existed, even to the point of claiming that God put dinosaur fossils on Earth as a test of faith.

I didn't know that.

They also go so far as to deny evolution in order to separate Man from the rest of the creatures of the planet.

But you have this bizarre notion that the religious are simply going to accept the notion of aliens from another planet (there is only one Earth in the bible) as being another creation of God . . . that's just utterly ridiculous.

I don't have a notion about anything. It's not something I give thought to. My position is how people think is conjucture. I don't know

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I don't have a notion about anything. It's not something I give thought to. My position is how people think is conjucture. I don't know.

So, while stating that you don't have a notion about anything and acceding you don't give thought to the subject at hand, you then go on to speculate that others, who have given it some thought are merely engaging in conjecture . . . unbelievable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't have a notion about anything. It's not something I give thought to. My position is how people think is conjucture. I don't know.

So, while stating that you don't have a notion about anything and acceding you don't give thought to the subject at hand, you then go on to speculate that others, who have given it some thought are merely engaging in conjecture . . . unbelievable.

Nope
Clarification. I'm saying if I were to say how people think it would be conjuncter.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope
I'm saying if I were to say how people think it would be conjuncter.

Except the record shows otherwise. You pointedly and inappropriately called out Halflife for stating a very reasonable theory about how the religious would respond to the revelation that alien life existed and and had visited this planet:

jodeke wrote:
You're speaking for millions, millions you know nothing about. What gives you that authority?

You don't know what the people of whom you speak really believe, you're assuming and you know what assume does, makes an Ass out of U and ME

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope

Except the record shows otherwise. You pointedly and inappropriately called out Halflife for stating a very reasonable theory about how the religious would respond to the revelation that alien life existed and and had visited this planet:

jodeke wrote:
You're speaking for millions, millions you know nothing about. What gives you that authority?

Key phrase "reasonable theory." Isn't that conjecture?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope

jodeke wrote:

Your willingness to contort yourself in order to make many failed attempts to avoid admitting that you have repeatedly contradict yourself is unfortunate.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Nope

jodeke wrote:

Your willingness to contort yourself in order to make many failed attempts to avoid admitting that you have repeatedly contradict yourself is unfortunate.

Where's the contortion? Isn't a reasonable theory conjecture.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: