ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

<snip>

KCP and KUZ destroyed their trade value in playoffs.

Kuz may have suppressed his trade-value a bit, KCP didn't - he was affected by an injury.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
It wouldn't be a stretch to say that of all the playoff teams, the Lakers had the worst performing collection of role players, by far. Sure, AD being injured was critical, but all AD being out did was to prevent AD/Lebron from covering up for the inept play of our role players. We got away with that flawed mentality of "AD, Lebron and whoever is hot" last season, this season, we couldn't swing it.

We lost mostly because our role players simply couldn't make shots.

In hindsight we thought our role players were better but it did not pan out. The AD injury pretty much concluded that Schroder is just another role player who could thrive in a more defined role. His diva demands also made if more difficult and made our fairly deep team imbalance. We should never go through that again. In fairness to Trez , he was not properly utilized. Him and Schroder PNR off the bench and the green light offensively could have most likely preserve Lebron/AD . That was the vision. Vogel tried to make Schroder a playmaker and scattered Lebron and his minutes accordingly. That was not prudent and you can see how the team struggled when they were playing better team. At the end of the day, The injuries made it difficult to establish a consistent rotation but it’s not hard to see that those role players just does not fit.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

I think we are glossing over the fact that including Dennis, our role players were really bad. Not bad. But horrifically bad. I put the raw stats out in a post and we only 3 guys scoring in double digits. Shooters shooting 3s in the 20s. Just overall terrible.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Why didn't Lue play rondo? Unless rajon already wore out his welcome. That's the thing with him. He will definitely speak his mind. If you don't respect his opinion, it's gonna get prickly. Thing is he's usually right though. Frank understood this.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Why didn't Lue play rondo? Unless rajon already wore out his welcome. That's the thing with him. He will definitely speak his mind. If you don't respect his opinion, it's gonna get prickly. Thing is he's usually right though. Frank understood this.

Reggie Jackson was going off (and Rondo hasn’t been any good this playoffs).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This is the Clippers last chance at finally getting over the hump, numerous teams are gonna be significantly Improved next year including the likely new revamped Lakers, it’s gonna be delicious if Kawhi walks and they trade Paul George and finally re-locate to Inglewood.

what makes you think that Lakers will be significantly better.

If you see Morris, Batum, Kennard, Jackson, Kennard have much higher value than KCP, DS, KUZ etc.

Pelinka has the flexibility to dangle a lot of assets.. Kuz-KCP .. ( DS/Trezz S&T) we will have a lot of vets on the FA market looking to ring chase.. the Lakers are in better position then the Clippers moving forward.

Again,

what assets are you talking about? Why would DS agree for a S&T and why the other team agrees for it and hard cap themselves? DS looked like accommodating to you?

KCP and KUZ destroyed their trade value in playoffs.

Its not about DS accommodating us. He can get more money in a sign and trade.

DS seems to be all about dat paper.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Yeah Reggie has been the second best player on the team, can’t take away his minutes to make Rondo happy.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Yeah Reggie has been the second best player on the team, can’t take away his minutes to make Rondo happy.

Reggie Jackson was available last off season, Lakers could’ve gone after him for only a cheap $2mil. He’s averaging 16 points on 42% 3s on 8 attempts in the playoffs, he makes KCP’s $13mil look like Luol Deng
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Reggie Jackson was available last off season, Lakers could’ve gone after him for only a cheap $2mil. He’s averaging 16 points on 42% 3s on 8 attempts in the playoffs, he makes KCP’s $13mil look like Luol Deng

He was a buyout guy and he CHOSE the Clips. Remember all the hullaballoo (and then he had a very meh end to that season).

This offseason he inexplicably signed that small deal. That's on him, probably chose the Clips too.

Now they have his early-Bird rights and he will want his money.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

He was a buyout guy and he CHOSE the Clips. Remember all the hullaballoo (and then he had a very meh end to that season).

This offseason he inexplicably signed that small deal. That's on him, probably chose the Clips too.

Clips will most likely resign him . Ballmer is too deep but not sure about Batum. That’s the guy I prefer that can be within reach for mini MLE.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Jackson was also god awful during last years playoffs. They basically brought him back as an afterthought after being unable to upgrade at the PG spot.

And there’s also this from CBS:

Quote:
He is a long-time friend of Paul George, which likely influenced his decision to both join the Clippers and stay with them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

I’m more surprised PG has friends.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

PG has been hot garbage in the playoffs once again. The Clippers were able to carry PG against Luka (yes, it was Luka versus the Clippers). However, the Jazz are way too deep so the Clippers needed everyone on their team to contribute. Kawhi is an idiot for leaving a championship team. I hope he never wins another title so he would regret leaving Toronto.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

I looked back on that championship Raptors team (I guarantee you that one ring was worth it for them, something I wish more of us would appreciate re our 2020 ring).

Kawhi/Siakam/Lowry/FVV/Gasol/ibaka/Powell/OG. wow.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I looked back on that championship Raptors team (I guarantee you that one ring was worth it for them, something I wish more of us would appreciate re our 2020 ring).

They’re glad they won it without having to face KD and a healthy Klay. I know injuries are part of the game but damn they lucked out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They’re glad they won it without having to face KD and a healthy Klay. I know injuries are part of the game but damn they lucked out.

Yup. But that Raps team >>> any of his Clips teams.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup. But that Raps team >>> any of his Clips teams.

That is true. I would add that any team without Patrick Beverley is immediately better from the annoyance factor.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

They also had Danny Green and a great coach in Nurse. Masai put together a team that had a shot at a three year run, until Kawhi decided he preferred to own the Clippers.

Wouldn’t be surprised for Kawhi to push for Lowry to join LA next year. Something tells me Masai is going to want more than Kenard and a 2nd though.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
PG has been hot garbage in the playoffs once again. The Clippers were able to carry PG against Luka (yes, it was Luka versus the Clippers). However, the Jazz are way too deep so the Clippers needed everyone on their team to contribute. Kawhi is an idiot for leaving a championship team. I hope he never wins another title so he would regret leaving Toronto.

PG being garbage in the playoffs is the norm. I'll be surprised when he's any good
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah but nobody beat the Warriors with Durant and Klay healthy. That is why people look down on Durant signing there. It would be like Shaq signing with the Bulls after the 96 playoffs.

And the Warriors still made the Finals that year without Durant. Toronto still looked really good against them.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I wouldn’t call Kawhi an idiot for leaving a championship team. I would call him an idiot for picking the Clippers over the Lakers and for pushing his team to trade for Paul George.

He just didn’t want to live in Toronto where it’s super cold all the time.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I wouldn’t call Kawhi an idiot for leaving a championship team. I would call him an idiot for picking the Clippers over the Lakers and for pushing his team to trade for Paul George.

That Toronto team likely repeats last year. With three rings, he could have been on the same level as Curry or Durant legacy wise.

Instead, he’s headed for back to back second round exits.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

PG being garbage in the playoffs is the norm. I'll be surprised when he's any good

Can't wait for Monday and see how fast Kawhi ran from PG after they've been swept. Lakers dodged a huge bullet with PG not signing with us though.

Steve007 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

It's very hard to win a championship. He had a great team in Toronto. I mean if he loved living in LA so much, he could have waited a couple more years in Toronto and possibly win one or two more championships. Then it's not too late to move to LA. Now, where is he gonna go to win another ring? Any championship team would have to go thru the Lakers or the Nets or both. It's not going to be easy at least for next couple of years.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Ingles showing his son (pg) how it’s done...for a second time
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

It's very hard to win a championship. He had a great team in Toronto. I mean if he loved living in LA so much, he could have waited a couple more years in Toronto and possibly win one or two more championships. Then it's not too late to move to LA. Now, where is he gonna go to win another ring? Any championship team would have to go thru the Lakers or the Nets or both. It's not going to be easy at least for next couple of years.

Why wait a couple of years when Lebron is getting older and you have a chance to play with Lebron and AD right now? A lot of fans were furious because they thought he was going to join a super team in LA.

I can understand why he wouldn’t want to live in Toronto. Around 18 months ago, I remember hearing that the temperature where I lived was 70 degrees. At that very same time, the temperature in Toronto was 3 degrees. Personally I’m not a fan of cold weather and would feel like saying (bleep) that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 345, 346, 347 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 346 of 439
Jump to: