Most Aggressive Dog Breeds study
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
The 3 pitbulls I’ve owned in my lifetime thus far have been nothing but sweet b-b-b but you wanna tell me they were all worthless killers because you think every single one of them are devil dogs who have no soul?

You're commiting a couple fundamental flaws. You're misrepresenting the other person's position (strawman attack), and you're substituting anecdote for data. it's like the person who says, "My father smoked two packs a day and lived to be 100! Who cares what the stupid data says about smoking!"

The fact that there are examples of people who didn't die due to their cigarette habit isn't a compelling reason to laud their safety and dismiss the data. Likewise, I'm sure your dogs are wonderful examples of their breed, and in fact, the vast majority of pitbulls are sweet, docile creatures that never harmed anyone. But what does the data show?

List of fatal dog attacks in the United States

Of all the dog breeds out there, do you see one that stands out in the list? It's not chihuahuas.

At this point, the common attempt to dismiss the above goes like, "It's not the dog, it's the owner." And while it's true that a bad owner CAN raise a bad dog, if you go back to the data, that's not the theme of the fatal attacks. If you follow the cases, far more often it's a family pet who suddenly -- and completely out of character -- killed someone. "Bad owner = bad dog" does NOT account for what we see in the data.

So your strawman attack of CMB aside, your personal anecdote about your sweet dog doesn't really account for much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

Larry so your saying my story about my Pitbulls being well behaved animals doesn’t account for anything. Great.
Got it totally understood.

Straw man attack? Please remove both those words of straw man and attack from anything of which I’ve said. Neither was my attempt in my post.

My initial post I clearly said “I’m really not trying to change anyone’s perspective on Pitties.“ just to tell my experience with the Breed. So anecdotes? Not really when I never attempted to refute the data which has been posted. Once again just tell my side of the story.

The difference is I didn’t use profanity like CMB did towards me where he is clearly passionate enough to let me know he does not like Pitbulls. Message received.

Reviewing all of the posts for this entire thread the majority does not like Pitbulls. Once again totally understood.
If I’m not allowed to be one of the minority to say I love Pitbulls ,
I apologize if I’m breaking any rules.

Once again not trying to refute anyone’s data whether Wikipedia,AKC,UKC ext. Just want to tell my side of the story with this particular breed.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Good Morning America - Military Vet and his Pitbulls are changing misconceptions about dogs and people

The Dodo - 7 Myths about Pitbulls that are complete BS

7 best Patrick Stewart ,Pitbull foster dog moments with Ginger

Patrick Stewart chose a Pitbull terrier as Captain Picard’s #1 in Star Trek: Picard

cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject:

I just wanted to look up the official breed description for pitbulls - turns out there is a problem. American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, American Bulldog, Staffordshire Bull Terrier are all called pitbulls. So which one are we actually talking about?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Of all the dog breeds out there, do you see one that stands out in the list? It's not chihuahuas.

I posted that list earlier in the thread. I read about 4 pages of it and all the 1 month olds killed by pits are distressing. Some of them lunged at the baby while the adult was carrying it.

The child was attacked by the 7-year old family dog (pitbull) while in the arms of his great-grandmother.[41]

There are other pages on wiki listing deaths by various animals like crocs, big cats, wolves, sharks, etc. Most of those don't even top the number of pitbulls who have killed people. I read the list of wolf attacks, which mostly occur in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, and they don't kill as many people as pitbulls and wolves are wild animals. In many cases, they were rabid wolves that attacked people in the town at night -- the origin of the werewolf myth came from such incidents hundreds of years ago. Attacks still happen quite often, apparently. However, they usually amount to attacks that don't end in death.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

i said it earlier. My rescued pit is the sweetest. She loves kids and other dogs. The mutt we have is more aggressive and its a jack russel corgi mix. Both rescues.

i highly recommend Pits
1) socialize often
2) feed out of your hand initialy to avoid any food anger issues ( for all breeds)
3) try not to play tug of war (sometimes its fine but you have to make sure they have a stop word
4) give them tough chew bones. Something that feels like a childs femur bone (j/K)
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The 3 pitbulls I’ve owned in my lifetime thus far have been nothing but sweet b-b-b but you wanna tell me they were all worthless killers because you think every single one of them are devil dogs who have no soul?

You're commiting a couple fundamental flaws. You're misrepresenting the other person's position (strawman attack), and you're substituting anecdote for data. it's like the person who says, "My father smoked two packs a day and lived to be 100! Who cares what the stupid data says about smoking!"

The fact that there are examples of people who didn't die due to their cigarette habit isn't a compelling reason to laud their safety and dismiss the data. Likewise, I'm sure your dogs are wonderful examples of their breed, and in fact, the vast majority of pitbulls are sweet, docile creatures that never harmed anyone. But what does the data show?

At this point, the common attempt to dismiss the above goes like, "It's not the dog, it's the owner." And while it's true that a bad owner CAN raise a bad dog, if you go back to the data, that's not the theme of the fatal attacks. If you follow the cases, far more often it's a family pet who suddenly -- and completely out of character -- killed someone. "Bad owner = bad dog" does NOT account for what we see in the data.

So your strawman attack of CMB aside, your personal anecdote about your sweet dog doesn't really account for much.

I think the data points that are missing are the history and lineage of the dog, as well as the dynamics within its home. We have a tendency to clue in on “the family dog that went crazy”, but there are a lot of other pieces of data to tease out.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

In regards to Pits you have to really want a dogs dog. That means hard exercise and never wavering on biting when they are young. All puppies bite and most accept it but for a pit dont let it. make sure it knows its unacceptable.

Exercise cant just be meandering up the street. They need the dog park and/or trail hiking.

They do mellow a touch after getting fixed and like all breeds are lazy for most of the day. You just have to be disciplined when it comes to activity.

They are so athletic, happy and fun. Obviously not for all owners but if you need a training partner they are the best. They are so easy to train and want it. If I hold a cookie in front of its face and push it into her nose she wont take it until you ok it. That took no time.

I get the stigma and I am weary of other peoples pits but only because I dont know if the owners have been lazy with it or not.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Larry so your saying my story about my Pitbulls being well behaved animals doesn’t account for anything. Great.

Straw man attack? Please remove both those words of straw man and attack from anything of which I’ve said. Neither was my attempt in my post.

My initial post I clearly said “I’m really not trying to change anyone’s perspective on Pitties.“ just to tell my experience with the Breed. So anecdotes? Not really when I never attempted to refute the data which has been posted. Once again just tell my side of the story.

The difference is I didn’t use profanity like CMB did towards me where he is clearly passionate enough to let me know he does not like Pitbulls. Message received.

Reviewing all of the posts for this entire thread the majority does not like Pitbulls. Once again totally understood.

Once again not trying to refute anyone’s data whether Wikipedia,AKC,UKC ext. Just want to tell my side of the story with this particular breed.

So in a post where you complain about my calling out your strawman, you double down with another strawman? You need to read more carefully what people are actually saying, avoid jumping immediately into a defensive posture, and avoid mischaracterizing their position.

I also think that part of the problem is that when you say, "...just to tell my experience with the Breed. So anecdotes? Not really when I never attempted to refute the data which has been posted. Once again just tell my side of the story," you make clear you don't understand what an anecdote is.

And for the record, "straw man attack" is three words.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I get the stigma and I am weary of other peoples pits but only because I dont know if the owners have been lazy with it or not.

You've just proven the point that your beloved breed of dogs does have issues other breeds do not have. This is why you should neither recommend them to others or defend them. They might work out without any issues in certain circumstances, but there are also dog breeds you can be "lazy" with and are not as high risk.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

So in a post where you complain about my calling out your strawman, you double down with another strawman? You need to read more carefully what people are actually saying, avoid jumping immediately into a defensive posture, and avoid mischaracterizing their position.

I also think that part of the problem is that when you say, "...just to tell my experience with the Breed. So anecdotes? Not really when I never attempted to refute the data which has been posted. Once again just tell my side of the story," you make clear you don't understand what an anecdote is.

And for the record, "straw man attack" is three words.

Clearly you are upset with my post and once again I’ll apologize for that. Not my intention.

Strawman:
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Once again I’m not trying to refute or argue with anyone’s feelings towards Pitbulls. Is it that bad that I’m just trying to share my experience with these type of dogs?

Anecdote:
an account regarded as unreliable or hearsay

Okay you are right with this.
My tales of my Pitbull dogs can remain unreliable towards you and many others which I clearly accepted.

Once again I sincerely apologize if any of my posts made you feel some type of way. Clearly I’m not as educated as you in a literary sense. No need to try to put me down with the correct numbering of words.

I’m just a basic Fireman in Los Angeles County.
You’re a salary cap expert/Lakers reporter, insider! I know your value to LG is 1000 times more important than myself as a Super Lakers fan.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You've just proven the point that your beloved breed of dogs does have issues other breeds do not have. This is why you should neither recommend them to others or defend them. They might work out without any issues in certain circumstances, but there are also dog breeds you can be "lazy" with and are not as high risk.

Australian cattle dogs, chows, pinchers, German shepherds, ridgebacks, are all the same as well.

Wimerrinders, chihuahua

I suggest if you guys love dogs volunteer at a local shelter. I have and still do when time permits. Bad owners make bad dogs.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
In regards to Pits you have to really want a dogs dog. That means hard exercise and never wavering on biting when they are young. All puppies bite and most accept it but for a pit dont let it. make sure it knows its unacceptable.

Exercise cant just be meandering up the street. They need the dog park and/or trail hiking.

They do mellow a touch after getting fixed and like all breeds are lazy for most of the day. You just have to be disciplined when it comes to activity.

They are so athletic, happy and fun. Obviously not for all owners but if you need a training partner they are the best. They are so easy to train and want it. If I hold a cookie in front of its face and push it into her nose she wont take it until you ok it. That took no time.

If you happen to be in the LA area the trails at Griffith Park are amazing.
Runyon Canyon is amazing as well and is known to be the biggest dog park in the Southern California area.

Griffith seems to have less traffic on the trails compared to Runyon. (not the Observatory , that’s always a mad house)

Love taking my dogs on that trail especially at night before the park closes. Spectacular views of the city.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If you happen to be in the LA area the trails at Griffith Park are amazing.
Runyon Canyon is amazing as well and is known to be the biggest dog park in the Southern California area.

Griffith seems to have less traffic on the trails compared to Runyon. (not the Observatory , that’s always a mad house)

Love taking my dogs on that trail especially at night before the park closes. Spectacular views of the city.

Yup. I live in topanga. It comes down to this. If a family just wants a dog to sit on the couch and get walked around the block a pit or any other athletic dog is a bad choice. If someone wants a dog with an active lifestyle a pit is a great choice. All dogs need training most of which can be done at home. I was raised to never walk up on any dog or pet anyone’s dog without an ok from owner.

THe funny thing is pits aren’t great watch dogs. Mine rarely barks. I Get it but I Love the breed. I love all dogs and have either owned or fostered too many different kinds to count in my lifetime.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:

pit bull anecdotes are (bleep) worthless next to their body counts. At some point it starts to sound like the "b-b-b-but a good guy with a gun!" trash that gun nuts like to lean on.

You can pull up 100 more Pitbull incidents and it won’t change my mind on the Breed. It definitely will not change my mind about the dogs who were apart of my pack.

Also thanks for calling me a “nut” basically. As I am a responsible Pitbull and firearm owner.
I’m sure all my children who have all grew up into functional, contributing , solid members of society have always been around responsible well behaved pitbulls wouldn’t agree to that wonderful nickname you granted me.

You sound 100% like the type of person I’ve mentioned that has never interacted or played with a decent domesticated Pitbull.
Pure Ignorance at its finest.

Now if you excuse me I’m going back to bed where me and my wife share with our 110 pound Pitbull Kobe.
Kobe’s only been guilty of depriving me from trying to get some from my wife as he is the ultimate cuddle monster. The snore competition continues.

Oh and look what I found on the front page of my YouTube feed:

Good Morning America - Military Vet and his Pitbulls are changing misconceptions about dogs and people

I didn't call you a nut, nor do I think you are one, so I apologi--wait, hang on, another toddler got killed by a pit bull since you posted this

june 12 - toddler falls out of window, and somehow 2 pit bulls ACCIDENTALLY swallow his cranium and then paint their faces with his blood. I'm sure there is some context missing. This has to be an aberration, especially if the owners lovingly named them after pro athletes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/toddler-falls-window-home-mauled-death-familys-pit/story?id=78238482

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:

pit bull anecdotes are (bleep) worthless next to their body counts. At some point it starts to sound like the "b-b-b-but a good guy with a gun!" trash that gun nuts like to lean on.

You can pull up 100 more Pitbull incidents and it won’t change my mind on the Breed. It definitely will not change my mind about the dogs who were apart of my pack.

Also thanks for calling me a “nut” basically. As I am a responsible Pitbull and firearm owner.
I’m sure all my children who have all grew up into functional, contributing , solid members of society have always been around responsible well behaved pitbulls wouldn’t agree to that wonderful nickname you granted me.

You sound 100% like the type of person I’ve mentioned that has never interacted or played with a decent domesticated Pitbull.
Pure Ignorance at its finest.

Now if you excuse me I’m going back to bed where me and my wife share with our 110 pound Pitbull Kobe.
Kobe’s only been guilty of depriving me from trying to get some from my wife as he is the ultimate cuddle monster. The snore competition continues.

Oh and look what I found on the front page of my YouTube feed:

I didn't call you a nut, nor do I think you are one, so I apologi--wait, hang on, another toddler got killed by a pit bull since you posted this

june 12 - toddler falls out of window, and somehow 2 pit bulls ACCIDENTALLY swallow his cranium and then paint their faces with his blood. I'm sure there is some context missing. This has to be an aberration, especially if the owners lovingly named them after pro athletes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/toddler-falls-window-home-mauled-death-familys-pit/story?id=78238482

What should I do with my current Pitbull who I've had since he was a puppy?
Should I have him euthanized?
Do you you truly believe all pitbulls are dangerous and can't be trusted?
Do you think I am a bad person since I own a pitbull?

Do you think this breed truly doesn't deserve a chance to exist on this earth because of all the bad apples who make the headlines?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Patrick Stewart chose a Pitbull terrier as Captain Picard’s #1 in Star Trek: Picard

The Dodo | This is One of the Last Surviving Pitties from Michael Vick’s Fighting Ring

America's Top Dog A&E | Rocco the Pit Bull Wins Fastest Run of the Night

Pitbull K-9 Police Officers

Ohio

Louisiana

Pitbulls Being Wholesome | Funny and Cute Pitbull Compilation

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

What should I do with my current Pitbull who I've had since he was a puppy?
Should I have him euthanized?
Do you you truly believe all pitbulls are dangerous and can't be trusted?
Do you think I am a bad person since I own a pitbull?

Do you think this breed truly doesn't deserve a chance to exist on this earth because of all the bad apples who make the headlines?

I don't know how to answer those questions but just for fun how young do you think is too young a baby to kill in any given pit bull's mind?

5 days old?
https://www.chronicleonline.com/news/local/five-day-old-girl-dies-after-being-attacked-by-family-dog-death-ruled-accidental/article_994dfb1a-e85d-11e8-a528-afbd3815c756.html

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

The Dodo | This is One of the Last Surviving Pitties from Michael Vick’s Fighting Ring

Ohio

Louisiana

Most Famous Pitbulls of TikTok Compilation | Dogs of TikTok

Buzzfeed | People Meet Pit Bulls For The First Time

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:09 am    Post subject:

5 days old is, apparently, not too young to offend the sensibilities of this noble breed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/28/3-day-old-baby-girl-killed-by-family-dogs-in-unfortunate-accident-police-say/

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Ohio

Louisiana

Pitbulls Being Wholesome EP.1 | Funny and Cute Pitbull Compilation

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject:

Oof, here's one where the pit bull didn't even wait for the due date! Lunch begins at conception

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pet-pit-bull-kills-pregnant-woman-pacifica-california/story?id=14289961

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Ohio

Louisiana

Pitbulls Being Wholesome EP.2 | Funny and Cute Pitbull Compilation

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:26 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Ohio

Louisiana

I mean if we went blow-for-blow with you posting wholesome vids and me posting videos of pit bulls doing what pit bulls do best I'd be the one to get banned so unfortunately I'm gonna have to concede.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Ohio

Louisiana

Pitbulls Being Wholesome EP.3 | Funny and Cute Pitbull Compilation

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: