OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 868, 869, 870 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
laker50 wrote:
What Kuz has to work on this off season is his shooting.
It is wildly inconsistent.
But he can shoot.
He has to find his shot.

And only lots of reps with the same form will do it.

He will have the time and earning good bucks.

He said he's focusing on his handle this offseason.

Everyone he knows saw him on live tv looking like a YMCAer on his drives.. Apologies to YMCA
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

He just hasn’t improved on anything except being a defensive liability. He’s not a spot up shooter, he can’t create his own, and he’s not a great passer.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
He just hasn’t improved on anything except being a defensive liability. He’s not a spot up shooter, he can’t create his own, and he’s not a great passer.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzma. I wanted to see him moved last summer. But in fairness to him he has improved his defense, rebounding, and passing since he came into the league. He may not be great at any of those but he's certainly improved. He's also not terrible at creating his own shot. I don't want him being the guy they go to in isolation or anything. But he's middle of the pack there. I'd go with Lebron, AD, Schroder, THT, Trez in that order before him. But in the event of emergency he can often beat his man off the dribble or get space to get off a jumper.

That having been said, I think it's time to move him. He's improved other aspects of his game and become a reasonably well rounded player, but his scoring has really not improved at all since his rookie season and he's very inconsistent. I feel like he has more value to other teams than he has here so hopefully they move him and try to use him to bring back a piece that fits better. Or even to bring back someone who may not be as good of an asset but in a move that will free up money to spend on others, while not really sacrificing much in terms of what this team needs.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject:

Told you all this trash is gonna be gone. I don't know why, but this news has me so excited to think they will finally get rid of Trash Kuzma!!

https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1403365801470705671?s=20
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

Defense and rebounding, big improvements.
But aside from that is who he is.

Sometimes can be scorer other times not. Not a dependable realiable core player. I see him as a bench guy. If we can get a trade for him where we can get a 3nD player that gives you 8-10 points a game but is very reliable at making 3s I make that move without thinking.

We are a championship level team with a healthy AD, Bron and a lot of 3nD guys around them. I don’t know what we are with last years group. Changes, please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Told you all this trash is gonna be gone. I don't know why, but this news has me so excited to think they will finally get rid of Trash Kuzma!!

Only been calling for it the past 3 years
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:

I would wait until someone other than Massey has a scoop (Shams, Woj, Stein types), but no one outside of Lebron or AD is safe...even one of Jeanie’s favorites Kuzma.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Defense and rebounding, big improvements.
But aside from that is who he is.

Sometimes can be scorer other times not. Not a dependable realiable core player. I see him as a bench guy. If we can get a trade for him where we can get a 3nD player that gives you 8-10 points a game but is very reliable at making 3s I make that move without thinking.

We are a championship level team with a healthy AD, Bron and a lot of 3nD guys around them. I don’t know what we are with last years group. Changes, please.

I saw improvements across the board too especially in the regular season. He has learned how to play like a winning type but the lack of IQ and awareness is too glaring especially when it matters . If we can trade him and find better player then it should be done in a heartbeat. But trading him for the sake of dumping is poor management of assets. Selling him low is just the not the right time so I am will ok keeping him . At some point though when his value is higher then that’s the time to move him and hopefully it will be before the trading deadline.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

I still have a recording of the Lakers vs. Celtics at Staples center durning Kuz's rookie season on my DVR.

I rewatched it last night and with Ingram, Tatum, Randle, Clarkson, Brown all apart of that game, Kuz was by far the best player on the court that night.

It really is sad to see how his offensive game has deteriorated over the years in an attempt to fit in Vogel's non existent offensive system.

Not only from a skill standpoint but his mentality as well.

Kuz was fearless and had no conscience.

Ingram, Tatum, Randle, Clarkson and Brown have all grown into fantastic players because they are all in systems that fit them and with coaches who have empowered them to be who they are.

Kuz has completely transformed his game from gunner to role player while playing behind two future hall of famers.

For the sake of his career I really hope the Lakers move him.

Just like the rest of the former young core, once he's away from the toxicity of this fanbase & out of an offense & a role that does not fit him, he will shine again.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
I still have a recording of the Lakers vs. Celtics at Staples center durning Kuz's rookie season on my DVR.

I rewatched it last night and with Ingram, Tatum, Randle, Clarkson, Brown all apart of that game, Kuz was by far the best player on the court that night.

It really is sad to see how his offensive game has deteriorated over the years in an attempt to fit in Vogel's non existent offensive system.

Ingram, Tatum, Randle, Clarkson and Brown have all grown into fantastic players because they are all in systems that fit them and with coaches who have empowered them to be who they are.

Kuz has completely transformed his game from gunner to role player while playing behind two future hall of famers.

Just like the rest of the former young core, once he's away from the toxicity of this fanbase & out of an offense & a role that does not fit him, he will shine again.

I hope Kuz pays you well and gives you free Pumas.

KUZMANIA fo LIFE!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma says he wants to work on his handle this offseason
Kyle Kuzma is planning to use the summer to become a bigger threat on the ball for the Lakers.

“For me, when I first came into the league, I was drafted here and the situation really allowed me to spread my wings and become a scorer and really take on that,” Kuzma said. “And then as people come, LeBron James comes, Anthony Davis, I had to take another role and fit in, and that was to become a team player. That was to become a defensive-minded player."

mmk.. good so far..

“This year, I had a little bit of all that: playing a winning-style, role-player role."

Mhmm..yes true.

"And I think this year has really allowed me to understand where I can be, and what kind of player I think I can be in this league.."

Ah.. maybe he finally gets it..

“I think the No. 1 thing that could really help me is just adding a handle to my game, because I think that definitely limits me a little bit."

GOSH FREAKING DARN IT KUZMA!!

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/6/13/22530425/lakers-kyle-kuzma-offseason-focus-on-handle-offensive-stats

Kuzma ignoring the actual problems in his game like usual.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma does not fit on a team with Lebron.

He'd be much more productive elsewhere on a team that shares the ball better and lets him play his game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

I rewatched it last night

You have way too much time on your hands
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:

This one:

I'm not a fan of Kuzma ,but I actually agree with you. With the exception of defense, he's regressed in more ways than one. His first step used to be quicker. His three point stroke was better. His confidence level didn't always match his talent, but when he was on, he was on.

idk what happened but a change of scenery would be great for him.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Just work on your shot bro.
Footwork and release.

I never thought Kuz would become a 3&D player. But that's what it seems like he's being molded into on this team.
And I never thought his defense would be outpacing his 3 at this stage.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I get the feeling if we trade Kuzma that we’ll watch him blossom on another team a la Lonzo, Randle & BI.

LA is such a hard place to develop young talent. Personally, I think we do a great job drafting and a poor job developing most of these young guys. Maybe that was the byproduct of the bubble title. It just feels that we have no vision of what is the type of player we envision Kyle to be and then we get Lebron and try to shoehorn Kyle to fit that.

He’s not without fault but I blame our coaching staff for no coherent vision for offensive development for the majority of players.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
I get the feeling if we trade Kuzma that we’ll watch him blossom on another team a la Lonzo, Randle & BI.

LA is such a hard place to develop young talent. Personally, I think we do a great job drafting and a poor job developing most of these young guys. Maybe that was the byproduct of the bubble title. It just feels that we have no vision of what is the type of player we envision Kyle to be and then we get Lebron and try to shoehorn Kyle to fit that.

He’s not without fault but I blame our coaching staff for no coherent vision for offensive development for the majority of players.

Of course he will and he will win nothing. Of the 3 you mentioned, Randle made the playoffs and crapped the bed.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

It's possible that Lonzo, BI and the other young guys would have developed here -- the problem is, as always, we didn't have time to wait.

The Lakers are perpetually in "let's get a superstar today and win it tomorrow" mode.

Lonzo, Randle, and BI went to teams that pretty much accepted that they would be lottery/non-contending teams for a while. That doesn't fly in Los Angeles.

I don't get worked up by it. No team has had more success than the Lakers over the past few decades, and it's not clear to me that the alternative strategy of keeping and developing more draftees would have brought more success.

As far as Kuzma: Our goal isn't to help him maximize his potential. It's to help him maximize the benefits he can bring to the Lakers immediately.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ahaider wrote:

It's possible that Lonzo, BI and the other young guys would have developed here -- the problem is, as always, we didn't have time to wait.

The Lakers are perpetually in "let's get a superstar today and win it tomorrow" mode.

Lonzo, Randle, and BI went to teams that pretty much accepted that they would be lottery/non-contending teams for a while. That doesn't fly in Los Angeles.

I don't get worked up by it. No team has had more success than the Lakers over the past few decades, and it's not clear to me that the alternative strategy of keeping and developing more draftees would have brought more success.

As far as Kuzma: Our goal isn't to help him maximize his potential. It's to help him maximize the benefits he can bring to the Lakers immediately.

Active - Do you see the same regression in his play from his first year on the Lakers?

I’m not disagreeing with your point that it’s not our responsibility to maximize his potential. My issue is that there’s no clear direction of what how we’ll leverage his present benefits. We spent the year trying to figure out how to play him and I don’t think I walked away with a single lineup of position that places him or others in a position to succeed while he’s on the floor.

I’m not confident that our superstar now mentality will build the same success as in the early 2000s. To build a contender with a shelf life of longer than 2 years - there has to be some young player development where the ROI is 2-3x their present day salary. Ayton, Luka, Mitchell are all underpaid relative to their value. If we’re only optimizing for the now then I think you set yourself up for high short term peaks with long valleys in between. We have a championship in this decade but man 2010-2020 was rough until Lebron came.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Of course he will and he will win nothing. Of the 3 you mentioned, Randle made the playoffs and crapped the bed.

Of course if you send him to a trash team he wont win.

That goes for damn near any player.

Trade him straight up for Oubre & we'll see how well he does in an offensive system in which he once thrived, surrounded by Steph, Klay, Draymond, Wiseman & in that culture.

Win/Win for the Lakers and Kuz.

Lakers get rid of his bum ass for a better player around the same age who should thrive standing in the corner waiting for Bron to run the clock down & pass him the ball for the three.

As for Randle, Ju was the driving force behind carrying the Knicks to the playoffs for the first time in years.

Did he perform well? No. But its a maturation process.

It was his first time in the playoffs as the top offensive option.

I'd put money on Julius staying in the gym this summer to continue to get better & have a better showing the next time he's in the playoffs.

That playoff performance will not define Randle's career.

Cant be so quick to write a player off because they struggled once.

But that's what we seem to do around here and that's why every single young player the Lakers drafted are all completely and totally thriving elsewhere.

Kuz will be no different.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

This post makes a lot of sense. The Lakers have had the talent but not the smarts to make use of them. And it took patience and development. Something the Lakers are just not good at.
They want to pick a product already developed and buy it.
Kuzma is a talent. They just have to learn to use it.'
Lakers made the right move in trading for AD. But now they have to learn to use him properly.
The Laker have all the talent they need. Just need a better blend of coaching.
KCP and Kuzma can shoot. But somehow they loose it in clutch situations.

It is not about stockpiling talent but being able to use it.
Isn't it time to learn?
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

This post makes a lot of sense. The Lakers have had the talent but not the smarts to make use of them. And it took patience and development. Something the Lakers are just not good at.
Lakers made the right move in trading for AD. But now they have to learn to use him properly.

Isn't it time to learn?

“Kuzma is a talent” I guess. He’s the least talented of the players who’ve had success on other teams.. they can all dribble and shoot(Randle now this year).... generally those two facets are the backbone of offensive “talent” and Kuzma isn’t good at them. His shooting is decent and borderline talented...kinda. But he’s the worst ball handler by far of the draftees who’ve had success elsewhere.. so he differs from them a bit.

And this simply makes sense - he was a 28th pick, not top 8 like those guys (nor a guard like Clarkson) . His skill level since college has always been more prototypical role player ish . He flashed skill his rookie year but hit a wall because those skills were apparently not natural for him or natural for him to develop
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Trade him straight up for Oubre & we'll see how well he does in an offensive system in which he once thrived, surrounded by Steph, Klay, Draymond, Wiseman & in that culture.

Lakers get rid of his bum ass for a better player around the same age who should thrive standing in the corner waiting for Bron to run the clock down & pass him the ball for the three.

As for Randle, Ju was the driving force behind carrying the Knicks to the playoffs for the first time in years.

I'd put money on Julius staying in the gym this summer to continue to get better & have a better showing the next time he's in the playoffs.

But that's what we seem to do around here and that's why every single young player the Lakers drafted are all completely and totally thriving elsewhere.

Too bad Kuz sucks and the Warriors would laugh.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Isn't it time to learn?

I am glad the Lakers suck at this. They're just good at keeping GOATS (e.g Magic and Kobe).

Oh yeah and WINNING RINGS!
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
AD23 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Too bad Kuz sucks and the Warriors would laugh.

I doubt it.

But we are all entitled to our opinion.

Rob isnt stupid enough to send Kuz to that kind of situation anyway.

Especially in his own division.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 868, 869, 870 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 869 of 880
Jump to: