Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1077, 1078, 1079 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

After how poorly AD shot the three ball this season, I can't tell you how thankful I am that he shot 38% in the bubble.
NavyDawg
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

Can we push back on the notion that Anthony Davis is constantly injured?

True: He had injury issues for the first four years of his career (playing 61, 67, 68, and 64 games)

True: He was injured for most of the 20-21 season

True: AD does lead the league in grabbing his lower body and 'doing to the locker room and coming back out'

For 4 of the last 5 seasons (other than this year) he'd been healthy for the most part

16-17 season: played 75 games and was healthy for basically the entire season

17-18 season: played 75 games and was healthy for basically the entire season

18-19 season: healthy throughout the season until his trade demand when they sat him down

19-20 season: first season with the Lakers, played 61 of 71 regular-season games (including 1 DNP for the last game of the bubble after we'd already clinched the best record in the West)

To put things in perspective, AD has played a higher percentage of his career games than Kyrie, yet Kyrie doesn't have the "constantly injured" label like AD does.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

NavyDawg wrote:

True: AD does lead the league in grabbing his lower body and 'doing to the locker room and coming back out'

Imo this is why the perception is “constantly injured.”

The minutes he does miss and all the grimacing makes it seem like he’s always injured.

Also, what people remember most in addition to this lost season is the fact that he was banged up by the WCF in the bubble after 4 months off. If there was no pandemic, who knows maybe he gets hurt towards the end of the regular season or early in the playoffs. 4 months off allowed his shoulder and oblique issues to heal...then he had the whole heel issue in the bubble.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

NavyDawg wrote:

True: He had injury issues for the first four years of his career (playing 61, 67, 68, and 64 games)

True: He was injured for most of the 20-21 season

For 4 of the last 5 seasons (other than this year) he'd been healthy for the most part

16-17 season: played 75 games and was healthy for basically the entire season

17-18 season: played 75 games and was healthy for basically the entire season

18-19 season: healthy throughout the season until his trade demand when they sat him down

19-20 season: first season with the Lakers, played 61 of 71 regular-season games (including 1 DNP for the last game of the bubble after we'd already clinched the best record in the West)

To put things in perspective, AD has played a higher percentage of his career games than Kyrie, yet Kyrie doesn't have the "constantly injured" label like AD does.

He totally does.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

KG on AD, starts at 2 min mark.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey at least the MVP is a little soft around the edges, so it’s only appropriate we got the right guy that can battle him.

All jokes aside, congrats Niko...it’s well deserved but I’ll take some solace knowing that we have the dude that can stop you.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

Real talk, Kobe and AD could never be teammates, because AD is just as lazy as Shaq in the offseason.

AD needs a fitness intervention. Forget about injuries for now, but AD last off-season, I don't care how short it was, but he arrived fat and unmotivated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Real talk, Kobe and AD could never be teammates, because AD is just as lazy as Shaq in the offseason.

AD needs a fitness intervention. Forget about injuries for now, but AD last off-season, I don't care how short it was, but he arrived fat and unmotivated.

i had MVP expectations from AD this year and i am disappointed.

but i dont think he is lazy.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

Imo Drummond will end up staying because he will get the starting 5 job and come to his senses too about his options.

Returning (Drummond, Caruso) — maybe Wes and Duz at minimum.
Trade bait (Kuzma, maybe KCP/THT if trading for 3rd star).
Gone (Harrell, Schroder, McLemore and maybe Gasol buyout).

McLemore might stay if he’s willing to take minimum.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

LOL so much for my screen name
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
LOL so much for my screen name

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible to only play AD during the last month of the regular season? Less playing time equates to less chance of incurring an injury. AD doesn't care about stats so he would be down with just playing one month. Will the league fine us for all the games he would miss?

This would lengthen AD's longevity and lessen the chances of getting injured. The Lakers with just Lebron are more than capable of winning enough games to make the playoffs as evident from this season. We'd just need 2 solid bigs to back up AD.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Is it possible to only play AD during the last month of the regular season? Less playing time equates to less chance of incurring an injury. AD doesn't care about stats so he would be down with just playing one month. Will the league fine us for all the games he would miss?

This would lengthen AD's longevity and lessen the chances of getting injured. The Lakers with just Lebron are more than capable of winning enough games to make the playoffs as evident from this season. We'd just need 2 solid bigs to back up AD.

There's no way we're winning the world championship if we did that. We won't get a favorable seed, and there won't be enough time for the full team (with AD) to build chemistry and confidence.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
methdxman wrote:

He was smoking weed all off-season, came into the season completely unmotivated and out of shape. That's the pinnacle of laziness.

Injuries are not an excuse. You can do tons of low impact exercises to stay in shape.

No excuses. Lazy AF.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I just don’t trust AD. I don’t trust he’ll stay healthy. After missing what 30 games, he sprains his knee on a chasedown block that looked like he snapped his leg then strains his groin untouched the very next game. He is a big reason why we’re home right now. I’m just not optimistic about the future if it means we’re heavily relying on a healthy Davis. Even he knew his injury issues as evidence by taking the extension and not betting on himself. This is not an ideal situation.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I've just accepted that 2 rings in this (Lebron) era would be so amazing for our franchise. Not only would it put us above the Celtics - but the fact that every era of ours since the 80s, would have multiple rings.. that's dominant.
So all I want is 1 more. Bron's championship window is probably 2 more years.. we just need AD healthy in one of em... we'll need a great roster too - because Brooklyn is stacked. We need a wing defender and a shooter..
AD was hurt last Finals, and for the majority of this season. Hopefully he's healthy next playoffs - rack up the injuries in the early months lol.
Lets not even talk about post-Lebron ... Bron's probably playing 3 more years and we'll be very very very fun to watch all of those years.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

I know you were being facetious, but he did look a bit chubby at the start of the season. I mean, he had a very short off season, so I'll give him a pass, not Bron is always in the lab, getting better. AD needs that same work ethic. Lebron will demand it for sure. Remember Kobe railing on Shaq for being a fat ass every training camp?

methdxman wrote:
LGFan wrote:
methdxman wrote:

He was smoking weed all off-season, came into the season completely unmotivated and out of shape. That's the pinnacle of laziness.

Injuries are not an excuse. You can do tons of low impact exercises to stay in shape.

No excuses. Lazy AF.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

We already talked about it a few pages back.

AD needs to drop 10 pounds, he looked heavy. Needs to strengthen his core and do yoga to increase flexibility.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1403735630107062279?s=21
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Watching how the Jazz dominates with just Gobert guarding the paint makes me wonder if AD could become like that, a DPOY type center. We're at our best when AD plays the 5 anyways. I wonder if AD would consider doing it full time and become another Gobert. He's gonna get paid max with his next contract anyways regardless of the stats he puts up (unless it's absolutely horrendous). I mean teams are throwing max money at KD and Klay even after they've suffered a major injury so I don't see how it would be different with AD. He should transition to a more defensive/rebounding center with the occasional post-up/jumpshot. Forget the three, PLS!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

Rest up man. Can't wait for next year!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Watching how the Jazz dominates with just Gobert guarding the paint makes me wonder if AD could become like that, a DPOY type center. We're at our best when AD plays the 5 anyways. I wonder if AD would consider doing it full time and become another Gobert. He's gonna get paid max with his next contract anyways regardless of the stats he puts up (unless it's absolutely horrendous). I mean teams are throwing max money at KD and Klay even after they've suffered a major injury so I don't see how it would be different with AD. He should transition to a more defensive/rebounding center with the occasional post-up/jumpshot. Forget the three, PLS!

Yup, put him at the 5 and play Lebron as a playmaking 4, surround with shooters who can defend = chip.

Simple recipe. Unfortunately finding shooters who can defend is very expensive.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see AD play the 5 exclusively, if for no other reason, it will protect his fragile health.

Playing the 4 requires more mobility on his part because he'll likely drive in for a midrange or an elbow shot, under duress of a double team, which increases his likely hood of being injured via excessive contact with guards/forwards closing in on him. Also, his perimeter fade away or jumper from distance increases the likelihood of someone stepping underneath him, thus earning him a sprang ankle (like Kyrie just got from GreekFreak), or him just landing wrong and damaging his hamstring or groin.

I'd like for AD to more of a low to the ground/Jokic type of center. Let him work down low, closer to the basket, limit his steps (need for mobility) to a shooting position, limit his need to elevate, let him shoot quicker and avoid being doubled, and let him exploit his size.

When the Lakers are at their best, AD plays the center spot. To preserve his health and extend his career, he needs to convert himself to a dedicated center.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

^That’s an interesting point because not many teams even play a traditional 5 anymore. This isn’t 90s basketball anymore with physical 5s. AD should consider it tbh, the bumps and bruises of being a 5 doesn’t really exist anymore in today’s game.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

If that's the case we should sign PJ Tucker. Who cares about block shots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1077, 1078, 1079 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1078 of 1425
Jump to: