OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6574, 6575, 6576 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Ramona didn't seem to know anything about a Buddy Hield move when she was on Mason and Ireland today.

Combining that information with the fact that Woj said the Russ trade was a pivot from the Hield trade... I'm not optimistic that this three way trade on Reddit has any basis in reality.

Really want it to happen... but the bread crumbs aren't really going our way... and I don't see why Ramona would want to hide it.

Once again, none of the local media members are allowed to talk about a Buddy Hield trade because of violation rules.

Local media can talk about whatever they want. Media has been speaking about Lakers S&T of DS since the end of season etc. the reason they are not taking about Buddy ending up here is because it is not happening. Wizards picked up Holiday as part of routing the 22nd pick to Pacers. Kings literally have ZERO NEED for DS and we have nothing else of value to pull in Buddy. Why are you continuing to push this narrative that we are still getting Buddy? Wizards don’t want DS, And Kinds already have far superior PG’s and then just drafted another with 9th pick.

Walk me through how we are getting Buddy again?
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Ramona didn't seem to know anything about a Buddy Hield move when she was on Mason and Ireland today.

Combining that information with the fact that Woj said the Russ trade was a pivot from the Hield trade... I'm not optimistic that this three way trade on Reddit has any basis in reality.

Really want it to happen... but the bread crumbs aren't really going our way... and I don't see why Ramona would want to hide it.

Once again, none of the local media members are allowed to talk about a Buddy Hield trade because of violation rules.

She could have said something like... felt like something more was brewing.

Instead she mostly discussed how there was very little market for Schroder right now.

That's a good thing. Dennis wants to get paid, so he'll have to agree to a sign and trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

If we were to get a TPE in the 17-19M range we can absorb Evan Fournier into the exception
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

One name overlooked and I saw LBJ's buddy mention on Twitter is ....

ALEC BURKS

102 3's last yr at a 41.5% clip!!

He played on a 1 yr $6M deal.... sounds like full $5.9M MLE can maybe get him if he wants a shot at the ring.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If we were to get a TPE in the 17-19M range we can absorb Evan Fournier into the exception

Is this amateur hour? Receive a signed-and-traded player and you become hard capped at $143m… do you read ANY of Lord Pincus’ tweets? You must be demoted from Inspector to Private for this egregious mistake.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Big Shot Bob wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is this amateur hour? Receive a signed-and-traded player and you become hard capped at $143m… do you read ANY of Lord Pincus’ tweets? You must be demoted from Inspector to Private for this egregious mistake.

Is Fournier a RFA? My bad.. LOL
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I’m surprised Alec Burks name hasn’t come up. Would love this dude. He can shoot that thang
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Local media can talk about whatever they want. Media has been speaking about Lakers S&T of DS since the end of season etc. the reason they are not taking about Buddy ending up here is because it is not happening. Wizards picked up Holiday as part of routing the 22nd pick to Pacers. Kings literally have ZERO NEED for DS and we have nothing else of value to pull in Buddy. Why are you continuing to push this narrative that we are still getting Buddy? Wizards don’t want DS, And Kinds already have far superior PG’s and then just drafted another with 9th pick.

Walk me through how we are getting Buddy again?

I believe it was BVH (sorry if that's wrong) who floated a 3-way deal where the Kings got Markannen (though it hard caps them), the Bulls get DS (though it hard caps them, I doubt they want to spend over that limit anyway), and we get Hield. And perhaps draft considerations can go out to the other two teams as needed, such as the two picks we got from the Wizards. Basically, it could work if the Kings could get something back from a third team that interests them and if they are that motivated to get off the Hield contract. And, of course, the third team would have to want DS.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

At first when I heard the Westbrook trade I was excited because I thought we were getting buddy hield also. Now that reality has set in I realize it was going to be hield or Westbrook and they chose Westbrook. Rob better step up his game to fill out this roster. Right now it's too top-heavy with three stars and a bunch of scraps.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Screw the TPE.
We getting Buddy Lembeck! Keep the dream alive.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
I’m surprised Alec Burks name hasn’t come up. Would love this dude. He can shoot that thang

Well I just mentioned him above lolz
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
At first when I heard the Westbrook trade I was excited because I thought we were getting buddy hield also. Now that reality has set in I realize it was going to be hield or Westbrook and they chose Westbrook. Rob better step up his game to fill out this roster. Right now it's too top-heavy with three stars and a bunch of scraps.

Didn't I read an article earlier today speculating that the Westbrook deal may not be finalized quickly because they were exploring adding teams to the deal to get Hield or someone else? Maybe that is old news at this point, I have not kept up with it today.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:

I have seen him on several lists of possible MLE guys for the Lakers....I assume the Lakers will hope that someone will take a big discount, and if they is not an option, move on to guys like Burks.
computernerd
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: I believe this is a 3 way

This Westbrook trade and the reporting of it does not add up. For a start, as presently constructed the Lakers are over paying for Westbrook. Considering his awful contract, the Wizards should have to give up more draft capital in the deal. Also, for days we were hearing that it was Kuzma and Harrell to the Kings for Hield. Then Harrell opts into his deal (presumably because he is okay going to the Kings) and then suddenly whammo! the Wizards come out of nowhere at the 11th hour and 59th minute and Harrell is traded there instead! Harrell should be pissed and going off on social media. Instead he is silent. Then I read in the LA times that Westbrook, AD, and Lebron met at Lebron’s house 2 weeks ago. So the Lakers must have been talking to the Wizards for weeks. Something does not add up. I believe this will “suddenly” turn into a 3-way deal on Monday as follows:

Kings: Kuzma, Harrell
Wizards: Schroder, KCP, Isaiah Jackson (our draft pick)
Lakers: Westbrook, Hield

I haven’t checked if all the salaries work and there may need to be another asset(s) thrown in, but I think the essence of the deal is shown above. Remember they can’t announce this now because Schroeder’s inclusion is a S&T which can’t legally be done until Monday (remember what happened to the Bucks last year). This actually makes more sense than the current deal because the Wizards need a point guard right now more than they need Kuzma or Harrell. For the Lakers we desperately need shooting at the other 2 starting spots and Hield’s defensive shortcomings will be compensated for by the big 3. What do you guys think? I think it’s the best 3-way since Chris Brown, Rihanna, and Karrueche.

Last edited by computernerd on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

The choice became essentially Buddy/KCP vs. Westbrook.

If we kept KCP... it was a good trade no matter what.

But to lose two 40% 3 point shooters for Russ might be costly.

If Rob somehow pulls off a sign and trade with Schroder then we can still end up better off, but we need to see if he gets the shooting to compliment the three star core.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Is Derozan off the table? I know he can’t shoot 3’s and all, but talent is talent.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

CENTERS
Dwight Howard - 35 years old - champion
Marc Gasol - 36 years old - champion
JaVale Mcgee - 33 years old - 3x champion

POWER FORWARDS
Anthony Davis - 28 years old - champion
Carmelo Anthony - 37 years old
Markieff Morris - 31 years old - champion

SMALL FORWARDS
LeBron James - 37 years old - 4x champion
Nic Batum - 32 years old
Trevor Ariza -36 years old - champion

SHOOTING GUARDS
Avery Bradley - 30 years old - 2x champion
Talen Horton Tucker - 20 years old - champion
Ben McLemore - 28 years old

POINT GUARDS
Russell Westbrook - 32 years old
Alex Caruso - 27 years old - champion

You have absolutely everything you need with this roster.

Size, physicality, interior defense, perimeter defense, shooting, playmaking, rebounding, shot blocking, post scoring, lob threats, championship experience, youth, players hungry for their first championship.

Everything.

Imagine the different lineups Vogel could use.

Defensive Lineup - AD/Batum/Ariza/Bradley/Caruso
Speed Lineup - AD/LeBron/Ariza/Caruso/Russ
Three Point Lineup - Keef/Melo/Batum/McLemore/Bradley
Big Lineup - Dwight/AD/LeBron/Batum/Russ

The possibilities are endless.

This roster would dominate the rest of the league.

Last edited by RashardA on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Is Derozan off the table? I know he can’t shoot 3’s and all, but talent is talent.

I think so. I doubt he takes mmle. Lakers can't s&t to get hard capped.

But that Westbrook + DeRozan (UCLA/USC) backcourt would have been something.
My heart hurts just thinking about the spacing.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I believe this is a 3 way

computernerd wrote:
This Westbrook trade and the reporting of it does not add up. For a start, as presently constructed the Lakers are over paying for Westbrook. Considering his awful contract, the Wizards should have to give up more draft capital in the deal. Also, for days we were hearing that it was Kuzma and Harrell to the Kings for Hield. Then Harrell opts into his deal (presumably because he is okay going to the Kings) and then suddenly whammo! the Wizards come out of nowhere at the 11th hour and 59th minute and Harrell is traded there instead! Harrell should be pissed and going off on social media. Instead he is silent. Then I read in the LA times that Westbrook, AD, and Lebron met at Lebron’s house 2 weeks ago. So the Lakers must have been talking to the Wizards for weeks. Something does not add up. I believe this will “suddenly” turn into a 3-way deal on Monday as follows:

Wizards: Schroder, Isaiah Jackson (our draft pick)

I haven’t checked if all the salaries work and there may need to be another asset(s) thrown in, but I think the essence of the deal is shown above. Remember they can’t announce this now because Schroeder’s inclusion is a S&T which can’t legally be done until Monday (remember what happened to the Bucks last year). This actually makes more sense than the current deal because the Wizards need a point guard right now more than they need Kuzma or Harrell. For the Lakers we desperately need shooting at the other 2 starting spots and Hield’s defensive shortcomings will be compensated for by the big 3. What do you guys think? I think it’s the best 3-way since Chris Brown, Rihanna, and Karrueche.

The draft pick we sent to WAS got traded to Indiana and Wizards ended up getting Aaron Holiday.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Fournier is UFA. Celtics hold his Bird Rights.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Fournier is UFA. Celtics hold his Bird Rights.

Having JRich and Fournier would be pretty redundant will be interesting to see if the Celtics are willing to have both on the roster.
computernerd
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I believe this is a 3 way

Inspector Gadget wrote:
computernerd wrote:

Wizards: Schroder, KCP, Isaiah Jackson (our draft pick)

The draft pick we sent to WAS got traded to Indiana and Wizards ended up getting Aaron Holiday.

I don’t think this changes anything other than the Chris Brown analogy. So it becomes a 4 way trade with the Lakers draft pick going to Indiana.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

If you ever have watched the TV show Big Brother... they have a competition where players have to fill up a large jug of water with a small cup of water while walking on a slippery surface.

Sometimes they have a twist where if a player chooses to fill up a smaller jug... they get access to a larger spoon.

Imagine the advantage the player with the larger spoon has in this type of competition.

One that is 50% larger.

That is a visual of the advantage of the three point shot for those who think more in a spatial/right hemisphere way as opposed to numbers.

Great two point players can still win, but it is a huge disadvantage competing against teams with spoons that are 50% larger every trip down the floor.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I believe this is a 3 way

Inspector Gadget wrote:
computernerd wrote:

Wizards: Schroder, Isaiah Jackson (our draft pick)

That 1st Rd pick can be a different transaction. It's not a big deal
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

I think by Sunday night we will have a better idea rather the Buddy Hield deal is still on the table.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6574, 6575, 6576 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6575 of 8560
Jump to: