DWIGHT HOWARD Officially Back Part III Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

Kobe would be so proud of Dwight. Especially after what happened with Dwight 1.0

Kobe smiling from above at Dwight 3.0
ltsmash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I really think D12's absence, along with the litany of injuries, were two of the main culprits for the Lakers unsuccessful repeat attempt. The Lakers had zero rim protection outside of AD, and if AD got pulled to the perimeter, (or was hurt) then the other team had a free run. D12 will put a kibosh on that pretty quickly. Of course, D12 can't play much more than 20 minutes, but if used wisely, the Lakers can completely clamp down the other team during that stretch. If the other team goes small, AD can still play center. If the other team goes big, I'll put on my money on AD and D12 every day and twice on Sunday.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

The moment Dwight left I thought to myself "now, both the Lakers & Dwight are going to be losers in my book if neither wins the title". He did not increase Philly's chances of winning a title, but he did diminish our chances when he left.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Already love Dwight here again. His presser was great. Super positive, ready to do whatever it takes....no selfishness.....he is really a changed guy. He is going to help the team win it all again this year....mark my words.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Dwight Howard returning is truly bananas, it doesn’t even feel surreal lol
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Already love Dwight here again. His presser was great. Super positive, ready to do whatever it takes....no selfishness.....he is really a changed guy. He is going to help the team win it all again this year....mark my words.

For sure, when you got all 3 of our Superstars preaching it and then someone like Dwight who's a clear cut HOF proudly taking the approach he is that's contagious asf in the best ways possible.. This is a great start to hopefully regain that team chemistry we had 2 years ago. I want to keep hearing all this defense talk because i'm not worried about offense much at all with this roster.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have any idea if we still could have gotten Howard if the Sixers went on to win the championship this year? He probably wouldn’t have left as quickly as he did by not messing up a winning situation or we simply won’t probably never know.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Dwight posted like a 90 min video at the Lakers training facility:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSPp4MEpJRf/

Him telling Sixers to move on from his mentions is funny 😁
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone have any idea if we still could have gotten Howard if the Sixers went on to win the championship this year? He probably wouldn’t have left as quickly as he did by not messing up a winning situation or we simply won’t probably never know.

No, for one simple reason: Dwight himself would not have any idea.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

One good thing about all the FAs that were signed.

They all want to win a championship before they retire.
And they are willing to sacrifice and be team players.

Win one for Melo.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Bend your knees.... You better bend your kneeeees...

I think he talking to Ben Simmons....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Dwight is a fun-loving dude. That may have been a reason he and Kobe couldn't sit horses. I'm glad he's back. He's gonna make a big difference at the 5. I have a gut feeling this team is going to gell early. The atmosphere screams chemistry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I can’t think of another player who has had such a dramatic turnaround in how they’ve been perceived by a fan base. To go from a most hated player to possibly most loved is just remarkable.

What’s interesting is I think we might look back and argue Howard was the most important signing… for both what he brings on the court and off of it.

Just a remarkable story.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dwight is a fun-loving dude. That may have been a reason he and Kobe couldn't sit horses. I'm glad he's back. He's gonna make a big difference at the 5. I have a gut feeling this team is going to gell early. The atmosphere screams chemistry.

He's definitely matured significantly from the first time he was here. You could tell he was definitely humbled when he signed here a few years ago.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

ltsmash wrote:
I really think D12's absence, along with the litany of injuries, were two of the main culprits for the Lakers unsuccessful repeat attempt. The Lakers had zero rim protection outside of AD, and if AD got pulled to the perimeter, (or was hurt) then the other team had a free run. D12 will put a kibosh on that pretty quickly. Of course, D12 can't play much more than 20 minutes, but if used wisely, the Lakers can completely clamp down the other team during that stretch. If the other team goes small, AD can still play center. If the other team goes big, I'll put on my money on AD and D12 every day and twice on Sunday.

It was the litany of injuries.

Dwight wouldn't have saved us in the bubble if AD had went down like he did this year, and LeBron was hurt going into the Playoffs like he was this year.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ltsmash wrote:

It was the litany of injuries.

Dwight wouldn't have saved us in the bubble if AD had went down like he did this year, and LeBron was hurt going into the Playoffs like he was this year.

Yeah, we missed him last season in ways but he would have had nearly zero impact on us doing much better in the Post season. In all honesty after Bron and Dennis the best role player was Marc Gasol who was one of the only guys hitting 3's which was our biggest problem imo by far after of course AD being out and Bron not being close to 100%.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Sixer fans are happy they got Drummond, we feel the opposite. I just hope Dwight can’t still do what he did 2 years ago.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dwight Howard returning is truly bananas, it doesn’t even feel surreal lol

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

After the disaster of the 76ers stint, he's probably glad to be back to LA.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

As a fan it's always great to see players who truly want to be here.

That's what's going to be great about this season's squad.

So many guys took less to rep the purple and gold because all they want to do is win.

Should be fun.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

Listening to Dwight's presser. Totally missed him being on the squad. I remember noting his last stint with the squad that he came across as just a different, much more mature person in his interviews. Now he comes across as wise and appreciative. Can't wait to see him back on the court.
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I think that was the problem. Dwight wants to play bball and have fun doing it and Kobe was all about doin' the work.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

LFsnz67 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I think that was the problem. Dwight wants to play bball and have fun doing it and Kobe was all about doin' the work.

Kobe had a big problem with that Dwight Howard.

This Dwight Howard is different. He lifts the spirits of the team, but the intensity level has increased. He’s now all about winning.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

LFsnz67 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Dwight was Shaq’s personality with half the offensive skill.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Kobe would be so proud of Dwight. Especially after what happened with Dwight 1.0

Kobe smiling from above at Dwight 3.0

I’m not going to presume to know what Kobe would think now. But let’s not forget he thought Howard was mentally “soft”. Not sure that has changed much.

Howard’s best current trait is to aggravate and disrupt. Often to the detriment of the team he is on as much as the other team.

To his credit he plays hard, seems to be a good teammate and has learned to say the right things in an interview. Still think he is a knucklehead. It shows in his play at times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: