The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1599, 1600, 1601 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Add more fuel to the fire…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersdaily.com/lebron-james-receives-zero-votes-from-scouts-and-executives-in-poll-for-best-player-in-nba/amp/

link doesnt work for me but reading url explains it.

I dont think there is an argument for anyone but freak. IMHO
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakersdaily.com/lebron-james-receives-zero-votes-from-scouts-and-executives-in-poll-for-best-player-in-nba/amp/

Hope this link works... But yeah 0 votes tho?

https://lakersdaily.com/lebron-james-receives-zero-votes-from-scouts-and-executives-in-poll-for-best-player-in-nba/
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/statmuse/status/1428487449026600960

Good stats!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

eh Bron was injured a lot last season and played subpar in the Playoffs since he was clearly trying to play through it.

While Giannis just had a historic Finals and absolutely dominated so of course the media and people are going to roll with him and I can't really disagree. I know there is a ton of grey area all littered through those 2 statements but the media doesn't care about that.

I think many are underestimating Bron still but that works in our favor because anytime you give all time greats legitimate bulletin board material it's going to light a fire under them and i'm hoping to see just that with all 3 of our big guns in the upcoming season.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Would be sad if Lebron has gotten a vote at an age when he should be retiring over a prime Giannis. Lebron isn't the best player anymore. Boo hoo...

These scouts and executives are really smart. We should poll them for everything and take their opinions seriously.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is 36 and some say he's old. I looked at Laker history for comparison and Wilt was 36 when the Lakers won the championship in 1972. Kareem was 35 when the Lakers won the championship in 1982. He also won the championship at ages 38, 40, and 41.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron is 36 and some say he's old. I looked at Laker history for comparison and Wilt was 36 when the Lakers won the championship in 1972. Kareem was 35 when the Lakers won the championship in 1982. He also won the championship at ages 38, 40, and 41.

It’s a different time. The league is now young.

The NBA of almost everyone being 30+ and young guys waiting for their chance is long gone.

Lebron has defied the odds because of the millions he invests in keeping his body up for the challenge.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Hope this link works... But yeah 0 votes tho?

https://lakersdaily.com/lebron-james-receives-zero-votes-from-scouts-and-executives-in-poll-for-best-player-in-nba/

Oh is that what his tweet was about?

He was just highly rated in two other fakey who cares lists. Stay calm BronBron…
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

All good, this is why we went got WB, just means it’s time for AD to play like he’s the best in the world, both sides of floor, both in paint and beyond the arch, it’s now
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:

The NBA of almost everyone being 30+ and young guys waiting for their chance is long gone.

Lebron has defied the odds because of the millions he invests in keeping his body up for the challenge.

The reason there's a difference is the influx of High Schoolers a "1-and-done" guys. Until the early 80s, almost everyone in the league was a 4-year college guy. There were a handful of "hardship" players who came in early, but generally not. With Magic, you started getting College Sophomores & Juniors in the draft. Once Garnett and the straight from HS guys came in, you saw a huge drop in the average age of NBA players.

That doesn't mean that there is a dearth of older players. Last year, there were sixteen players over the age of 35, forty-one between the ages of 32 & 34, and forty-four between 30 & 31. Contrast that to 143 guys ages 22 and under in the league. 40 years ago, those dudes would've been in college.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:

The reason there's a difference is the influx of High Schoolers a "1-and-done" guys. Until the early 80s, almost everyone in the league was a 4-year college guy. There were a handful of "hardship" players who came in early, but generally not. With Magic, you started getting College Sophomores & Juniors in the draft. Once Garnett and the straight from HS guys came in, you saw a huge drop in the average age of NBA players.

That doesn't mean that there is a dearth of older players. Last year, there were sixteen players over the age of 35, forty-one between the ages of 32 & 34, and forty-four between 30 & 31. Contrast that to 143 guys ages 22 and under in the league. 40 years ago, those dudes would've been in college.

Crazy that LeBron is one of the 16 oldest players in the league but still one of the most athletic.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_FosiGItlaE

LeBron saved Carmelo’s life literally, saved him from drowning

Didn’t know about this.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

And like Kareem, LeBron takes great care of his body during the offseason.

When I was a little kid and I started reading about the Showtime Lakers, it blew my mind that Kareem won the Finals MVP at age 38. Still blows my mind today.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I wonder which centers would say they enjoyed playing with LeBron over playing with Curry.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
32 wrote:

And like Kareem, LeBron takes great care of his body during the offseason.

When I was a little kid and I started reading about the Showtime Lakers, it blew my mind that Kareem won the Finals MVP at age 38. Still blows my mind today.

Wilt was also finals MVP at age 36.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Welcome @ZachLaVine!!! Family Over Here. 🙏🏾✊🏾💪🏾👑 @KlutchSports

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1432841943256469509?s=21
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Man, watching lebron play in his Lakers #6 keeps reminding me of Lance. LOL
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Quote:
Welcome @ZachLaVine!!! Family Over Here. 🙏🏾✊🏾💪🏾👑 @KlutchSports

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1432841943256469509?s=21

THT + Nunn both Chicago kids for LaVine.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Hot wet
https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1433511283039473674?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:36 am    Post subject:

Kanye disses Lebron again on a track called “Life of the Party”.

Drake Leaks a Kanye song with Andre 3000 which wasn’t on “Donda”.

The song is clearly better than any song on Kanye’s or Drake’s new album, so I’m not sure why Drake leaked it.

Kanye basically said why is Lebron sending his child to Sierra Canyon when he owns his own school. Which isn’t bad considering a few years ago he basically called Lebron a slave to Nike and Nike paid Lebron a billion “not to run away”.

Drake does respond on his song “7am on Bridle Path”, which he mentions “Up in Bron’s crib, fishbowl wine glasses.” Which is a 🔥 song as well.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject:

Wonder how Lebron feels about this season's cast of Super Friends:

Out: Drummond, Morris, McKinney, Dudley, Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Schroeder and Harrell.

In: Westbrook, Dunn, Monk, Bazemore, Ariza, Howard, Jordan, Melo, and Rondo.

On the fence: Gasol next to be voted off the Island...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject:

can't get over that this dude is 37, this is it folks, all in this season, #18, chip or bust
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

What kind of utter nonsense is this? Like seriously, is there a reason people can't look up actual facts?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Gee, was that so hard?

Now, what do we see? Oh yeah, the average age for an NBA player has remained incredibly consistent between 26 and 28 for THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NBA.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

What kind of utter nonsense is this? Like seriously, is there a reason people can't look up actual facts?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Gee, was that so hard?

Now, what do we see? Oh yeah, the average age for an NBA player has remained incredibly consistent between 26 and 28 for THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NBA.

Do you even watch games?

There are many more younger players, playing the major minutes and being the key for teams success.

Just because you have a bunch of 35 year olds on the bench ring chasing and trying to hang on doesn’t mean it’s the same league it was years ago when the young players sat on the bench while the 30+ year olds got all the playing time.

I suggest watching games than relying on numbers, which doesn’t tell the whole story. If you had minutes per game then maybe your “26 and 28” stat would have more context.

Average age is a simplistic and frankly lazy way of looking at (bleep). If you want to use average age, might want to run some regressions with minutes played tbh.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Kanye disses Lebron again on a track called “Life of the Party”.

Drake Leaks a Kanye song with Andre 3000 which wasn’t on “Donda”.

The song is clearly better than any song on Kanye’s or Drake’s new album, so I’m not sure why Drake leaked it.

Kanye basically said why is Lebron sending his child to Sierra Canyon when he owns his own school. Which isn’t bad considering a few years ago he basically called Lebron a slave to Nike and Nike paid Lebron a billion “not to run away”.

Drake does respond on his song “7am on Bridle Path”, which he mentions “Up in Bron’s crib, fishbowl wine glasses.” Which is a 🔥 song as well.

Is Kanye med compliant now? Great producer and a decent artist, but after his foray into politics, you can miss me with whatever Kanye's doing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1599, 1600, 1601 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1600 of 2079
Jump to: