The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1601, 1602, 1603 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
King Randle wrote:
I know it’s a pick up game but Bron looking nice!

Isn't that older footage?

It could be. In looking at Liangelo Ball's hair style at the time, it could be.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
poppies wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Yes….sorry it was posted on Twitter today but it’s 2 years old….my bad….
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
epic_ wrote:
poppies wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Yes….sorry it was posted on Twitter today but it’s 2 years old….my bad….

It's all good.
As long as theirs a disclaimer, it's cool to see guys ball pre-SolominHill.
Man, he looked spry.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I wonder how much bounce Bron has left. We need him close to pre injury level from last year to chip.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

Just like LeBron did in Miami, dudes turning heel again...

He started with a New Jersey #, going full on devil worshipper...what the puck?!

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1404512241446113283

Then he took his talents to go full on Mr. Ripley on his dude...dudes no saint, he’s a chemistry killer...
Quote:
LeBron James: Can someone please check in on my woe @Anthony Davis. I know he’s steaming 😤😤😤😤😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯🤯. I bet GP talking to him crazy right now!!🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 – via Twitter KingJames

And when he’s not killing his teammates...
Quote:
When LeBron James hit a long, go-ahead three pointer with a minute left in a play-in game versus the Warriors last May, dozens of concession workers at the Chase Center in San Francisco lost their health care for a month. That’s because, according to the union chief who represents them, concession workers at the Chase Center only receive health care through their jobs if they work ten games a month. The Warriors played six scheduled regular season home games in May plus a home play-in game versus the Grizzlies to bring the total to seven. Had the Warriors beaten the Lakers they would have been guaranteed at least three more home playoff games in May. – via Molly Knight @ Substack

Shoulda never gave this dude playmaking help this year and just ran his superwashed ass into the ground
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Yeah I wonder how much bounce Bron has left. We need him close to pre injury level from last year to chip.

This is why they wanted Westbrook I think. Ease the workload for Lebron. A fresher Lebron in the playoffs (especially in the 4th quarter) will spell doom for every team in the league other than the Nets.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

He started with a New Jersey #, going full on devil worshipper...what the puck?!

Then he took his talents to go full on Mr. Ripley on his dude...dudes no saint, he’s a chemistry killer...
Quote:
LeBron James: Can someone please check in on my woe @Anthony Davis. I know he’s steaming 😤😤😤😤😡😡😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤯🤯🤯🤯. I bet GP talking to him crazy right now!!🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 – via Twitter KingJames

Quote:
When LeBron James hit a long, go-ahead three pointer with a minute left in a play-in game versus the Warriors last May, dozens of concession workers at the Chase Center in San Francisco lost their health care for a month. That’s because, according to the union chief who represents them, concession workers at the Chase Center only receive health care through their jobs if they work ten games a month. The Warriors played six scheduled regular season home games in May plus a home play-in game versus the Grizzlies to bring the total to seven. Had the Warriors beaten the Lakers they would have been guaranteed at least three more home playoff games in May. – via Molly Knight @ Substack

Shoulda never gave this dude playmaking help this year and just ran his superwashed ass into the ground

...what?

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

...what?

I have no clue either
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

...what?

I have no clue either

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
drae wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

...what?

I have no clue either

Don’t knock it, till you try it...it’s called a sense of humor and I’m sensing some of y’all need to hit some of this up. We ain’t got (bleep) else to really talk about, so whynot pull up your skirts and have a little fun with it. I mean even Bron is turning up, cause there’s (bleep) else to do.

https://twitter.com/JerezanoRancio/status/1437372257316352000

But maybe y’all right. Some of this is flying over y’all heads. Maybe next time, I’ll try a more direct approach in knocking some sense into y’all

#KnockKnock
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Apologies to Rob...I guess I’ve been too critical of dude. I really should have admonished the “real GM”...Melo just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/notlakersgm/status/1439779625710678017

I got no beef with the Melo signing tho.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

https://media.tenor.com/images/d5a7f63da7424b0e9637f6813ba61238/tenor.gif
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Tuff crowd...

https://gfycat.com/pasteleveryboilweevil

Anyways, here’s some crew love among our GM and his assistants! Wonder who they going to pick up with that 14th spot.

https://twitter.com/feebeegb/status/1439709547006812163
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
3. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

(Previous rank: 1)

Someday LeBron, the most important, imposing and intelligent player of his (and possibly every other) generation, won’t crack this list’s top three. Even after a massively disappointing first-round dismissal (the first of his career) in which despite averaging 23.3 points, 7.2 rebounds and 8.0 assists the 36-year-old actually looked mortal, that day isn’t this one.

James doesn’t have the same athletic advantage he once did. And even though he’s a step slower, with the physical authority to control every square inch of the floor finally starting to fade, he’s still LeBron. Nobody anticipates live action more succinctly. Nobody analyzes whatever’s happening in their peripheral vision quicker, or makes a fast, ever complicated game look so elementary whether the ball is in their hands or not, on offense or the other end.

Bet against him at your own peril. If and when healthy (a more significant caveat every year) James is still a paragon of basketball expertise. — MP

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191620
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
[Buha] For the first time this season, James shared some insight into why he switched from No. 23 to No. 6:

“It’s always been a part of me, to be honest,” James said. “Six has a lot of meaning to me, from my family and numbers and things of that nature to what I believe in and things of that sort, but my mentality doesn’t change. Going out, being an overall basketball player, trying to dominate at all facets of the game and being a great teammate. And being a great leader.”

James last wore No. 6 in Miami from 2010 to 2014. He’s since worn No. 6 on his practice jerseys in Cleveland and Los Angeles.

Despite being strongly associated with 23, if James wins another title donning No. 6, he will actually have more titles wearing that number (three) than No. 23 (two).

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Apologies to Rob...I guess I’ve been too critical of dude. I really should have admonished the “real GM”...Melo just confirmed it.

Uh, you rather have Mitch Kupchak making calls? Rob was a player agent. Kobe described him as a genius. He knows the game in terms of how FAs and trades work. He may not be the best transactions guy, but from day 1 he used the word collaboration with players. Even 2 years ago, AD said he got sick of Rob calling him each day for a player input for FA at that time.

Why is this important - because when you have stars, superstars. You need their input and their help. In the end, the FO guys are not the ones who actually play with the new guys brought in.

I give an example of Dennis. Perhaps if Lebron had talked to Dennis, and AD too. If there was a relationship between the 3 before they traded away an important starter like Danny Green for him (And a pick), maybe then they would have seen Dennis' intentions were for a contract. Instead they went for a guy they thought was a killer on the court (and as a 6th man he was) and would help them being Dennis the menace. I do not think the Lakers players were in nearly as much contact as they should have been with Dennis Schroder. Had they been, they would have quickly realised he had individual goals ahead of the teams (I want to start, I want a big contract).

I definitely think Lebron/AD having a relationship with Melo and Westbrook before they became Lakers will help. Them recruiting them, will help. These are all high usage players. If they don't actually know what they're getting into, if you just put them all together because the FO guy does it, it makes it even more challenging to make the stars play together.

If Lebron is making a move, be certain of one thing, Rob is fully behind it as well. If this was just about making Lebron/Klutch happy, guys like KCP and Trez would not be traded. Some people thought the Lakers would never trade klutch clients. However once an opportunity for Westbrook (Or before that Lowry) came up, guess who got dealt? The Klutch clients.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Uh, you rather have Mitch Kupchak making calls? Rob was a player agent. Kobe described him as a genius. He knows the game in terms of how FAs and trades work. He may not be the best transactions guy, but from day 1 he used the word collaboration with players. Even 2 years ago, AD said he got sick of Rob calling him each day for a player input for FA at that time.

Why is this important - because when you have stars, superstars. You need their input and their help. In the end, the FO guys are not the ones who actually play with the new guys brought in.

I give an example of Dennis. Perhaps if Lebron had talked to Dennis, and AD too. If there was a relationship between the 3 before they traded away an important starter like Danny Green for him (And a pick), maybe then they would have seen Dennis' intentions were for a contract. Instead they went for a guy they thought was a killer on the court (and as a 6th man he was) and would help them being Dennis the menace. I do not think the Lakers players were in nearly as much contact as they should have been with Dennis Schroder. Had they been, they would have quickly realised he had individual goals ahead of the teams (I want to start, I want a big contract).

I definitely think Lebron/AD having a relationship with Melo and Westbrook before they became Lakers will help. Them recruiting them, will help. These are all high usage players. If they don't actually know what they're getting into, if you just put them all together because the FO guy does it, it makes it even more challenging to make the stars play together.

If Lebron is making a move, be certain of one thing, Rob is fully behind it as well. If this was just about making Lebron/Klutch happy, guys like KCP and Trez would not be traded. Some people thought the Lakers would never trade klutch clients. However once an opportunity for Westbrook (Or before that Lowry) came up, guess who got dealt? The Klutch clients.

Wolf, you’ve been a solid poster from the moment I activated my account here. I’m not even necessarily disagreeing with your post here.

Imho Rob has flaws for sure, but I’ve discussed that elsewhere and don’t intend to derail Bron’s thread with it.

I just found it amusing how Melo put it and I think that’s what my recent posts in this thread were intended to do. Maybe it was my delivery, but think most of you missed my point or just don’t get my type of humor.

Either way, my posts in this thread were all made tongue in cheek and with the intent to entertain. My sense of humor clearly didn’t translate with some of you tho. I’ll do better.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-17-2019/hiDYFV.gif
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Mitch has been a much better GM than Pelinka, of course I would prefer him making decisions for the organization.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
<snip>
Mitch has been a much better GM than Pelinka, of course I would prefer him making decisions for the organization.

Mitch was a good GM. He interned and served as Assistant GM, starting with the 1986-87 World Champions & learned from the 1988-89 World Champions through the 1999-00 World Champions - a 14 year learning curve.

Mitch then inherited a squad with a prime Shaq, emerging Kobe and multiple time champions in Horry, Harper, etc., that had just won the Finals. He kept the trains running for 4 more seasons, watched it collapse and rebuilt them into champions in 4 seasons, but finished with a run of 4 straight lottery seasons and a horrible cap situation.

Pelinka inherited a team that had become a perennial lottery participant with bad contracts, poor coaching and awful morale. Two years later, they were NBA Champions.

Context matters.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Vasashi please take your comedy tips from Ventura. This is comedy gold here.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

I, for one, am glad your preference is not the current status. Thanks Rob!. You've got your imperfections, but you're great at what you do sir!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
<snip>

Mitch was a good GM. He interned and served as Assistant GM, starting with the 1986-87 World Champions & learned from the 1988-89 World Champions through the 1999-00 World Champions - a 14 year learning curve.

Mitch then inherited a squad with a prime Shaq, emerging Kobe and multiple time champions in Horry, Harper, etc., that had just won the Finals. He kept the trains running for 4 more seasons, watched it collapse and rebuilt them into champions in 4 seasons, but finished with a run of 4 straight lottery seasons and a horrible cap situation.

Pelinka inherited a team that had become a perennial lottery participant with bad contracts, poor coaching and awful morale. Two years later, they were NBA Champions.

Context matters.

Pelinka had a team with Lebron and AD when he took over.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Wasn't Rob was hired by the Lakers in March 7th, 2017? Lebron was still playing in Cleveland and AD was in New Orleans. How do you figure he had those two when he took over?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Also, since we're playing this game....West had Kareem and Magic and Wilkes and Nixon and McDoo when he took over, no? And that core had won 2 titles in the previous 3 seasons before he took over, right?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Depends on when you consider him actually taking over. I think a lot of people felt that Magic was calling the shots in Lebron's first season, so I get that. But Magic had already quit before they traded for AD. The team that won a title two years ago was almost primarily comprised of guys that Rob signed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1601, 1602, 1603 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1602 of 2079
Jump to: