Kenneth Faried working out for Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 10048
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The original Montrezz Harrell. Yay?


F'real
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18988
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The original Montrezz Harrell. Yay?


F'real


predator 1 and predator 2
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 26721

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

his 6 fouls won't hurt.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 1971

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
The original Montrezz Harrell. Yay?


F'real


predator 1 and predator 2


I actually thought Ben M. Looked liked the predator 😂
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21240

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.


So basically not Markieff Morris.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 2542

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.


So basically not Markieff Morris.

I thought that's pretty close to what he is? Obviously not to the extent of a top-tier PF/small ball C, but good enough to be a role player. How would you describe him?
_________________
PG: Westbrook - Nunn - Rondo
SG: THT - Monk - Ellington - Bradley
SF: James - Bazemore - Reaves
PF: Davis - Anthony - Ariza - Doumbouya
C: Jordan - Howard - Huff

#18 next...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32201

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.


So basically not Markieff Morris.

I thought that's pretty close to what he is? Obviously not to the extent of a top-tier PF/small ball C, but good enough to be a role player. How would you describe him?


I'd say MIMLakers categorization of Markieff is reasonable. He's an end of the bench PF, who did play small-ball center for us, occasionally guarded SFs, and has an adequate 3-point shot.

He didn't do any of those things great, but he performed well in "break glass in case of emergency" situations.

I don't think there is a replacement with that skill set available for the vet's minimum, though. I am a little surprised we didn't offer him a contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 5625

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.


So basically not Markieff Morris.

I thought that's pretty close to what he is? Obviously not to the extent of a top-tier PF/small ball C, but good enough to be a role player. How would you describe him?


I'd say MIMLakers categorization of Markieff is reasonable. He's an end of the bench PF, who did play small-ball center for us, occasionally guarded SFs, and has an adequate 3-point shot.

He didn't do any of those things great, but he performed well in "break glass in case of emergency" situations.

I don't think there is a replacement with that skill set available for the vet's minimum, though. I am a little surprised we didn't offer him a contract.


He was getting a second workout this week...maybe they offer him then or they value a 3D wing like Ennis more...who knows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 7907
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

Funny, he's like barely 31 and we are calling him grandpa....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30866

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.


But the solution to this is James Ennis, a guy who isn't employed in the NBA currently by any other team?

It seems to me that to check an elite wing you need to be an elite wing defender. I am 99% certain all players who fit this bill are currently under contract with other teams. Plugging the hole with a journeyman isn't doing much.

Also, why is it that the Lakers need to have an elite counter to every position? Why don't teams need to worry about countering the Lakers? How many teams have a physical equivalent of Lebron to check the Lakers? Or a physical equivalent of AD? Or a physical equivalent of Russ?

There are always going to be mismatches and it's up to the coaching staff to exploit those in the team's favor. All this angst over what unemployed NBA player who will take the 15th roster spot and collect DNPs in order to cover some ostensible weakness is a waste of energy.

I will gladly stand corrected if they sign Ennis and he winds up being a 20+ mpg defensive 3 and D wing. Great. But probably not going to happen.

As for Faried, again, I fail to understand any angst over this. They could be working him out as a favor to an agent or something. They worked out IT and I doubt they really had any intention of signing him. Maybe the dude is friend's with a player on the Lakers and they're doing at as a favor to a player. Maybe he's not working out for a spot on the team, but he's just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by and work out with the guys and someone misinterpreted that as a work out. In any case, I think it is fair to say that the roster is set at this point barring any mid-season trades or buyouts that emerge, and anyone they sign for the last roster spot is going to be in street clothes most of the time. If management and coaching perceived the same glaring hole(s) as most fans then it stands to reason they would have addressed them earlier in free agency when good players were still available. Either they attempted to get those guys then and failed or they're confident with what they have.

Anyway, someone will have to remind me the last time that a team signed a guy who was unemployed going into training camp and passed on by every other team and then that guy played a major role in the team winning a championship. I don't think it has ever happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 28284

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.


But the solution to this is James Ennis, a guy who isn't employed in the NBA currently by any other team?

It seems to me that to check an elite wing you need to be an elite wing defender. I am 99% certain all players who fit this bill are currently under contract with other teams. Plugging the hole with a journeyman isn't doing much.

Also, why is it that the Lakers need to have an elite counter to every position? Why don't teams need to worry about countering the Lakers? How many teams have a physical equivalent of Lebron to check the Lakers? Or a physical equivalent of AD? Or a physical equivalent of Russ?

There are always going to be mismatches and it's up to the coaching staff to exploit those in the team's favor. All this angst over what unemployed NBA player who will take the 15th roster spot and collect DNPs in order to cover some ostensible weakness is a waste of energy.

I will gladly stand corrected if they sign Ennis and he winds up being a 20+ mpg defensive 3 and D wing. Great. But probably not going to happen.

As for Faried, again, I fail to understand any angst over this. They could be working him out as a favor to an agent or something. They worked out IT and I doubt they really had any intention of signing him. Maybe the dude is friend's with a player on the Lakers and they're doing at as a favor to a player. Maybe he's not working out for a spot on the team, but he's just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by and work out with the guys and someone misinterpreted that as a work out. In any case, I think it is fair to say that the roster is set at this point barring any mid-season trades or buyouts that emerge, and anyone they sign for the last roster spot is going to be in street clothes most of the time. If management and coaching perceived the same glaring hole(s) as most fans then it stands to reason they would have addressed them earlier in free agency when good players were still available. Either they attempted to get those guys then and failed or they're confident with what they have.

Anyway, someone will have to remind me the last time that a team signed a guy who was unemployed going into training camp and passed on by every other team and then that guy played a major role in the team winning a championship. I don't think it has ever happened.


Watch when he gets picked up and averages 8 and 4 on a bum ass team and the nephews come clamoring. Like Lin-first fans. Just the worse.

Culling. Fan base has needed it. I'll say it until the end of time.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 55242

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject:

When we faced Jimmy Butler, who at the time was playing like an all time elite wing, the best match up on him was Lebron or AD. With Westbrook able to help on offense, AD and Bron can focus even more on defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17689

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
When we faced Jimmy Butler, who at the time was playing like an all time elite wing, the best match up on him was Lebron or AD. With Westbrook able to help on offense, AD and Bron can focus even more on defense.


Same thought crossed my mind.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB