Rich Paul: Lebron James and Anthony Davis Will Be Moving To The 4 and 5 This Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:
So who the 2 shooters running with WB-PF Bron-C AD? me think Nunn-Bazemore (or maybe THT surprises us).

2nd unit is pretty set Rondo-THT/Baze-Ariza-Carmelo-Dwight/DJ

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

When did THT BECOME a shooter?

guess someone should tell THT at 20 years old that he’ll never be a 3pt shooter. Sorry kid.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:
So who the 2 shooters running with WB-PF Bron-C AD? me think Nunn-Bazemore (or maybe THT surprises us).

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

guess someone should tell THT at 20 years old that he’ll never be a 3pt shooter. Sorry kid.

Cute deflection but I never said that. Again when did he become a shooter?
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

Banking on him showing enough growth to be a good shooter/defender this year. Most of he other options don’t have 2way ability like THT. See Vogel preferring him if he’s delivering at 35+% on 3s plus his all around abilities than Ellington/Monk who can be exploited on D. If he doesnt develop then perhaps Ellington or Nunn.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

Banking on him showing enough growth to be a good shooter/defender this year. Most of he other options don’t have 2way ability like THT. See Vogel preferring him if he’s delivering at 35+% on 3s plus his all around abilities than Ellington/Monk who can be exploited on D. If he doesnt develop then perhaps Ellington or Nunn.

You're advocating for something he hasn't shown yet. I could see if you had a stat to show why he should be there but hes not a.shooter until he proves he is.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

The hope is that with WB, LeBron won't have to be on the floor as much.

Didn’t he play a career low in minutes last year?

Yes, in each of the past 3 seasons his minutes per game have declined. Hopefully that will continue, with no diminution of the team's success.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

You're advocating for something he hasn't shown yet. I could see if you had a stat to show why he should be there but hes not a.shooter until he proves he is.

Correct Gunther (or is it Francis?) You made me google that old TV show that is your handle.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!

Thinking Baze and THT.

Correct Gunther (or is it Francis?) You made me google that old TV show that is your handle.

Lol 😆
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:

Let's go!
Thinking Baze and THT.
Lol 😆
If one is advocating that TNT hasn’t yet shown that he is a shooter (one could say that he hasn’t shown the consistency of being a reliable shooter, then one could say thar Melo and others have shown the consistency.

The good thing is that Vogel has many choices to choose from if any of his options (from TNT to Nunn to Bazemore to Melo to Ariza to Monk to Ellington are not producing consistency) to play

In addition, with Lebrun or Rondo are in the game, they will be getting more cleaner and non-contested shots. When Westbrook is pushing the pace forcing many mismatches, the shooters will (again) have many more cleaner and uncontested shots

That is why shooters amazingly get “better” when playing with smart, savvy and talented PGs

TNT has shown the willingness and guts to take on all challenges, along with greater frequency making the clutch shots
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject:

Based on the interview I saw of Vogel, I think we will strongly lean towards starting 2 bigs (rim protection x 2) and THT. THT is a guy that Frank and the Lakers have challenged to make shots and defend. If he put in the work, then I think we are looking at

Westbrook/THT/Bron/AD/DeAndre (Or Dwight).

Wingspans there are legit crazy/elite. Frank is a D first coach. That lineup probably is the best defensive starting unit, with enough athleticism to make up for the size.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Based on the interview I saw of Vogel, I think we will strongly lean towards starting 2 bigs (rim protection x 2) and THT. THT is a guy that Frank and the Lakers have challenged to make shots and defend. If he put in the work, then I think we are looking at

Wingspans there are legit crazy/elite. Frank is a D first coach. That lineup probably is the best defensive starting unit, with enough athleticism to make up for the size.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He also said he would try lineups with AD at the 5, and a lot of combos. I just think when he talked about losing KCP and Caruso, who would fill the hole. Immediately by himself he brought up THT. He also brought up having elite rim protection, something he didn't have last year. I don't think they view having AD at the 5 as the same as AD at the 4. Why? No other 4 they have can defend the perimeter like a wing, but also then go and help on D. Historically, some of the best defensive teams all time have had 2 elite rim protection bigs. Just look at our Bynum/Gasol Lakers. Perkins/Garnett. Even AD/Dwight 2 years ago. Just a lot of great basket protection, that allows your perimeter defenders to play stronger man D, without as much worry about getting beat for a layup.

The question is whether THT can make those strides on his spot ups, and make that defensive jump. They have challenged him to do so. I definitely got the sense that the 5th starting spot is THT's to lose. He will need to show in camp/preseason he can hit those spot up 3s and defend.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

He also said he would try lineups with AD at the 5, and a lot of combos. I just think when he talked about losing KCP and Caruso, who would fill the hole. Immediately by himself he brought up THT. He also brought up having elite rim protection, something he didn't have last year. I don't think they view having AD at the 5 as the same as AD at the 4. Why? No other 4 they have can defend the perimeter like a wing, but also then go and help on D. Historically, some of the best defensive teams all time have had 2 elite rim protection bigs. Just look at our Bynum/Gasol Lakers. Perkins/Garnett. Even AD/Dwight 2 years ago. Just a lot of great basket protection, that allows your perimeter defenders to play stronger man D, without as much worry about getting beat for a layup.

The question is whether THT can make those strides on his spot ups, and make that defensive jump. They have challenged him to do so. I definitely got the sense that the 5th starting spot is THT's to lose. He will need to show in camp/preseason he can hit those spot up 3s and defend.

Bro I sure hope they’re valuing offense more than Defense when it comes to SG this season. I like THT and believe he can be a all star in this league Some day. I just don’t see his fit in the starting lineup.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Bro I sure hope they’re valuing offense more than Defense when it comes to SG this season. I like THT and believe he can be a all star in this league Some day. I just don’t see his fit in the starting lineup.

Sorry Gunther. Vogel mention how he feels his 3pt shooting will improve( hmm where did i hear that )Too bad you don’t have an earpiece for Mike Bresnahan telling him to question his ability to shoot.
Ultimately, it’s his role to lose. There are able SG whom could fill the role
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Sorry Gunther. Vogel mention how he feels his 3pt shooting will improve( hmm where did i hear that )Too bad you don’t have an earpiece for Mike Bresnahan telling him to question his ability to shoot.
Ultimately, it’s his role to lose. There are able SG whom could fill the role

I saw the interview. He said there’s a lot of lineups they’re gonna try. That doesn’t sound like it’s anyone’s to lose. It sounds like he doesn’t know.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

I saw the interview. He said there’s a lot of lineups they’re gonna try. That doesn’t sound like it’s anyone’s to lose. It sounds like he doesn’t know.

This is what I always expected. Vogel has a lot of combinations to experiment with.

The only guys who are guaranteed minutes are Lebron, Westbrook and AD. Anybody else could find themselves starting or glued to the bench at any time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: