RIP Gabriella "Gabby" Petito - 9.19.21; UPDATE: Brian Laundrie Autopsy shows he died by suicide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I love how the authorities let the obvious suspect boyfriend spend a couple of weeks to plan and execute his escape. He only stole a missing person's car and drove states away... Even was able to cook up the most perfect diversion of him disappearing in some huge expanse when in reality he could be states or even countries away. My guess is if he wasnt white he would not have been given such a generous hands off approach by the police.

Well, we have discussed the reasons that to an extent their hands were tied in how they could move forward and how they also need to build their case and not act impulsively if they want to make the case stick.

Though you have a point about the last part. This case would be very different of it were an African American couple. First of all, as has been pointed out, we wouldn't even be talking about it because it wouldn't have been on the media's radar. Secondly, the police likely would never have given the report of the missing girlfriend a moment's thought anyway.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I love how the authorities let the obvious suspect boyfriend spend a couple of weeks to plan and execute his escape. He only stole a missing person's car and drove states away... Even was able to cook up the most perfect diversion of him disappearing in some huge expanse when in reality he could be states or even countries away. My guess is if he wasnt white he would not have been given such a generous hands off approach by the police.

Dude is probably in Mexico and if he was smart off to a country without an extradition treaty with the US. The parents probably told the authorities he went to the swamp as a diversion so he could escape.

Didn't a wildlife camera pick him up entering the reserve?

Was just thinking.....he had to drive over 2K miles to return to FL, wouldn't it have been smarter to dump the body halfway back....maybe like in the Ozarks? Seems like the odds would have been much lower they would have found the body.

Yeah, he was caught on a trailcam in FL—at least someone who liked very much like him and was carrying a backpack that was an apparent match for one they know he had.

As for the driving and dumping the body elsewhere, if I were a betting man I would say her murder was an impulsive act in the midst of a fight rather than a premeditated act. So he likely panicked and just tried get get her out of sight and get away, which is why she was relatively easy to find in a national park. I can see why the idea of driving around with her body wouldn't seem like a good idea, particularly since they were already on the police's radar after the incident and lengthy traffic stop and almost arrest in Moab (as an aside, I wonder if those two cops are having second thoughts about letting them both go—not a judgement really, just wondering).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

The guy panicked but since they gave him so much time in between the time he committed the crime, he could be anywhere by now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to get rid of most of the evidence by the time he and the family were on the radar of the authorities.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The guy panicked but since they gave him so much time in between the time he committed the crime, he could be anywhere by now. I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to get rid of most of the evidence by the time he and the family were on the radar of the authorities.

There probably wasn't much evidence to get rid of. Obviously without details of the specific cause of death it's hard to say what it was, but my guess is it was probably beating and/or strangulation in a heated argument. So no weapon to dispose of. He already returned home with her vehicle and likely some of her belongings. The only obvious thing that I think time would help him with is bruises and scratches from a scuffle healing.

He indeed could be anywhere, but I don't get the impression that he was a person of extensive means who between he and his family could have finances and connections that would help him make some elaborate and hard to track escape.

As a few of us have speculated, after a few days on the run in the swamp, he may well have just offed himself. I mean there is no evidence that he was an accomplished survivalist who could disappear into the wilderness with the clothes on his back and a small backpack of supplies.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

As a few of us have speculated, after a few days on the run in the swamp, he may well have just offed himself. I mean there is no evidence that he was an accomplished survivalist who could disappear into the wilderness with the clothes on his back and a small backpack of supplies.

Supposedly murder boy does have experience in outdoor survival and is pretty adept at it. I am hoping he saves the taxpayers a lifetime of paying for him and does the right thing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Supposedly murder boy does have experience in outdoor survival and is pretty adept at it. I am hoping he saves the taxpayers a lifetime of paying for him and does the right thing.

Interesting, I stand corrected.

As for the "right thing", I believe that to be turning himself in to be tried. I think that brings the most sense of justice to it all - not that there is any. JMHO.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject:

He seems too cowardly to either do away with himself or turn himself in. I predict either suicide by cop or being dragged into custody when cornered.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Interesting, I stand corrected.

As for the "right thing", I believe that to be turning himself in to be tried. I think that brings the most sense of justice to it all - not that there is any. JMHO.

Has there been any reports to suggest he owns a firearm or his parents had firearms? If not, it could be much tougher to commit suicide on the run. I mean sure.....there are ways one can end their life, but pills, a firearm or the tailpipe hose into the garaged car are about the only ways remotely sane people can go forward with....I would think. Or as mentioned above, suicide by police would be another.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

There probably wasn't much evidence to get rid of. Obviously without details of the specific cause of death it's hard to say what it was, but my guess is it was probably beating and/or strangulation in a heated argument. So no weapon to dispose of. He already returned home with her vehicle and likely some of her belongings. The only obvious thing that I think time would help him with is bruises and scratches from a scuffle healing.

He indeed could be anywhere, but I don't get the impression that he was a person of extensive means who between he and his family could have finances and connections that would help him make some elaborate and hard to track escape.

Hiding out in gator filled swampland is probably not the smartest idea if he wanted to live....I still say that was a diversion and he's too cowardly to kill himself.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hiding out in gator filled swampland is probably not the smartest idea if he wanted to live....I still say that was a diversion and he's too cowardly to kill himself.

I am not familiar with that reserve....but if it is swampy which is likely, then just being an outdoorsman will not be enough to keep him in there very long. It is weird in that while I am a couple hundred miles northeast, this past week the miserable heat finally broke a little. It is still hot, but the August/September humidity has diminished which would make it much more survivable in that type of area.

The whole story of him and his family taking a camper trip after he returned feel like it could have been scouting a plan. If so, I would guess he passed through in an attempt to fool those searching for him. I do not think the authorities really think he is in there....the FBI is having local law enforcement search to make sure, but I would guess the FBI are on a different trail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I am not familiar with that reserve....but if it is swampy which is likely, then just being an outdoorsman will not be enough to keep him in there very long. It is weird in that while I am a couple hundred miles northeast, this past week the miserable heat finally broke a little. It is still hot, but the August/September humidity has diminished which would make it much more survivable in that type of area.

The whole story of him and his family taking a camper trip after he returned feel like it could have been scouting a plan. If so, I would guess he passed through in an attempt to fool those searching for him. I do not think the authorities really think he is in there....the FBI is having local law enforcement search to make sure, but I would guess the FBI are on a different trail.

He may have been spotted in Canada: 'Flustered' Look-Alike Sighting at Hotel
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

Have to admit....I lost a lot of interest when Dog the Bounty Hunter showed up on the scene.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

"We know exactly where he is".. OOOPS. That cop got a truckload of egg on his face because of Brian Laundries Mother and Father.
Also, if this was missing white girl syndrome why did these officers not treat him as who their gut told them he was. 90% of case viewers know he was the cause of her demise and our laws are protecting him and his family.

The parents took him to a boat before he had an arrest warrant. Set him up with a few debit cards and cash and either a residence or instructions for next moves.

You have to be either a special kind of cruel and hateful or mentally and emotionally damaged to ignore the dead girls mother begging for help to find her or her body

Even after her body was found the Laundrie family still didn't care to say anything

I put NOTHING past a family like this. They knew lying to the police about his whereabouts was protected under Florida law and here we are a (bleep) month after he got home and a couple million spent trying to find the guy

When the warrant for his arrest came out they showed an image from Georgia of him using the card on the 28th iirc. We were told to disregard it somehow and it disappeared. *Since he already flew off once during the trip I checked Jackson Hole Airport to Savannah Georgia airport and they have direct round trip flights that can come back the same day.. for $500 maybe less if purchased at counter? **Flights could still fit all other timelines

So we are 99% sure he does possess the ability and willingness to murder or cover one up
What was he doing taking off during the trip? How could anything be that important
Let's just dump my female fiancee in a hotel at no less than $90/night for 5-6? Days and breakup the journey so I can fly home to do what?
How big can a storage unit be that takes that long?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Have to admit....I lost a lot of interest when Dog the Bounty Hunter showed up on the scene.

Crazy timeline.. the one thing I read that makes a lot of sense.. a LOT of people don't like calling the cops even if it is to help bring in a fugitive.. They will call people they trust etc.. I guess DBH is trusted etc

Check this craziness...
https://www.reddit.com/r/GabbyPetito/comments/pwth7r/dog_the_bounty_hunter_finds_campsite_possibly/
*I was waiting for this
From Reddit
Quote:
LastInitial
·
10m
HelpfulSilver

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6274509994001

https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh/status/1442642425290366977

https://twitter.com/WFLAJosh/status/1442650702338314247

Allegedly, the Laundrie(s) are on cameras entering Fort De Soto Park.

Allegedly, 3 people arrived September 6th, 2 people left September 8th.

Dog says that the Laundrie(s) had registered to camp in the park on September 1st - 3rd and September 6th - 8th.

Pinellas County Deputy returning in the morning (too dark).

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1442651690369490949?s=20

Campsites #1 and #15:

27.634110, -82.722097

27.632949, -82.723240

http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/pdf/campground.pdf

https://tinyurl.com/f8pba8ry
site 15 google maps
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm calling it now. This is just gonna be a long, drawn out thing, but he will eventually be caught and face his day in court.

Finally he will be acquitted since there isn't going to be enough physical evidence to convict him.

They can't even examine his body for any wounds, and they will all have likely healed by now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
I'm calling it now. This is just gonna be a long, drawn out thing, but he will eventually be caught and face his day in court.

Finally he will be acquitted since there isn't going to be enough physical evidence to convict him.

They can't even examine his body for any wounds, and they will all have likely healed by now.

Theres a reason why they didn't bother to report her missing, its because the longer the evidence is out in the field it deteriorates. Unfortunately, the family didn't report her as a missing person until 10 days after Brian came back to Florida, so he had 10 days to clean up whatever evidence the authorities could've used against him in a trial. Whomever is going to handle the prosecution of this case will have to do an exceptional job because the perp got a huge head start.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Theres a reason why they didn't bother to report her missing, its because the longer the evidence is out in the field it deteriorates. Unfortunately, the family didn't report her as a missing person until 10 days after Brian came back to Florida, so he had 10 days to clean up whatever evidence the authorities could've used against him in a trial. Whomever is going to handle the prosecution of this case will have to do an exceptional job because the perp got a huge head start.

It will be interesting to see what hard evidence they have or will be able to obtain.....because yes on the surface, nothing has came to public light that would suggest they have anything to secure a conviction on murder.

The warrant they have on him is a fairly petty crime, and if they catch him i assume his defense will claim he was off the grid and was unaware he had an open warrant....which could eliminate even fleeing entering the courtroom.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Not def sure. There was a decades old cold case from the early 70s chronicalled in numerous diff programs over the years. Some gave diff info. A 24 yr old woman drove to Colo to take nature pix and gave a ride to two men from a local pub to their logging (iirc) jobsite in the Rockies. One got out at a nearer stop and the 2nd one said his stop was further on. He was a murderer unbeknownst to the girl. Killed her, let her dog loose, dumped her w/ clothes near a trail, abandoned car, denied any knowledge of knowing her to detectives, but they knew he likely killed her. Guy went free for yrs until a female rookie who remembered her case as a kid reopened it once she became detective. A decade after the disappearance a hiker found the missing woman's hair (long brown braids). By then, complete decomp had completed years prior, animals drug bones off, needles/dirt covered the site etc. A forensic botanist pinpointed the exact slope and elevation of the dumpsite from the species of needles found in the hair and on the second day of searching, a searcher went off to pee and saw the glint of a gold tooth and they had the skull, lying on the surface, never buried. Bones and clothes were dragged off and rolled down a grade from where the hair was found.

The perp was then finally arrested and the interrogation got him to spill his guts on that plus other murders. Where he also screwed up was taking his own pic with her camera and selling it to a pawn shop w/ film still in. The cops found it early on. That's partly how they knew he was in her car despite his lies, but w/o the body/skull/DNA, they could never arrest. It was a sad case because her mother committed suicide over her daughter. I don't know how bad GP's condition was, but they might be liklier than not given the timeframe to prove strangulation or whatever. Interrogation will work on this guy.

edit: found said segment on above case

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

If I had to guess, I'd say that when Brian came home, he gave his parents some BS sob story about Gabby's death. Maybe he claimed he did what he did in self-defense or something, and his parents fell for it.

I guess it's possible that his parents know that he killed her (if he did) and they're willingly protecting him, but it seems more likely that Brian lied to them and they're not fully aware of what really happened.

I've heard and read lots of speculation, partly based on that body cam video, that Brian is a narcissist. If he is, that's what they do - they do something really bad, and they lie and deceive people into thinking that they're the victim, and the real victim is the perp.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZTa7RqHcU&feature=youtu.be
2nd bodycam footage released from officers who empathized with Brian about beating and abusing Gabby

I could only watch a couple of minutes of the first one and was too traumatized by her obvious fear of Brian that officers couldn't see

In this one the officer is heard saying women cover for the man because they just want them to stop but they keep going back until they're killed. Sigh 😔 didn't watch. Read it's around 41 minute mark.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

This story has got a lot of coverage this week locally.....19 year old college student was missing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/us/florida-missing-woman-miya-marcano-fbi/index.html

They just found her body today.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
This story has got a lot of coverage this week locally.....19 year old college student was missing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/us/florida-missing-woman-miya-marcano-fbi/index.html

Sad and predictable outcome once the suspect killed himself.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Autopsy determined that Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation and her death was a homicide, coroner says

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1447995040396189701
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

How awful. They hired a man with a devious sexual history and gave him a position with access to a master key fob. Brilliant.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like they may have found Laundrie's body. His parents told authorities of a trail he liked and they found belongings that are tied to him. Then apparently found human remains nearby. Interesting that the family waited so long to tell the police about the trail. I wonder if they started to suspect he was a dead.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: