Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I re-listened to the interview on Marc Maron's WTF podcast today. I had totally forgotten that he was on to discuss Body Brokers, the film about the corruption in drug rehab facility racket. It just drives home how horrible his apparent relapse OD was. As Michael says in the interview, "relapse is a part of my life, but I'm good today".

It also may be looking like he was yet another victim of the Fentanyl cutting that is going on with cocaine and heroin these days—same thing that killed comedian Fuquan Johnson and two others the other day.

Anyway, Marc Maron has reposted the interview for free. It's a poignant listen that I would recommend for anyone who was fan of Michael's work.

Wonder if fentanyl or just an OD after losing tolerance a la Sid Vicious. Or both.

Could be a straight up OD if it was heroin, much less likely with blow.

I don't mean to speculate before there are toxicological results, it's just that there is a big trend with dealers using fentanyl to cut coke and heroin in order to boost the high and keep customers coming back. Users aren't typically aware of that and the increased risk involved. Most (though not all) illicit drug deaths these days involve fentanyl.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I re-listened to the interview on Marc Maron's WTF podcast today. I had totally forgotten that he was on to discuss Body Brokers, the film about the corruption in drug rehab facility racket. It just drives home how horrible his apparent relapse OD was. As Michael says in the interview, "relapse is a part of my life, but I'm good today".

It also may be looking like he was yet another victim of the Fentanyl cutting that is going on with cocaine and heroin these days—same thing that killed comedian Fuquan Johnson and two others the other day.

Anyway, Marc Maron has reposted the interview for free. It's a poignant listen that I would recommend for anyone who was fan of Michael's work.

Wonder if fentanyl or just an OD after losing tolerance a la Sid Vicious. Or both.

I don't mean to speculate before there are toxicological results, it's just that there is a big trend with dealers using fentanyl to cut coke and heroin in order to boost the high and keep customers coming back. Users aren't typically aware of that and the increased risk involved. Most (though not all) illicit drug deaths these days involve fentanyl.

It's silly as hell all the fentanyl around while people in pain mgmnt are the ones going thru hoops to get even half strength hydros or Tramadols (not real opiates) now. Govt did the only thing it could by scaring prescribers and messing with people with back pain, neuropathiy, car accidents, root canals, etc. Meanwhile, illicit users are dropping like flies because the dealers have so much F, that they gotta hide the sh in heroin. Makes as much sense as the govt usually does. I remem a SEAL whose lower leg was destroyed by an AK47 round and the news source showed the pic of him sitting in chopper all bummed out with a fentanyl sucker in his mouth. That's the drug for AK leg amputations and street level fun. Opposite poles of experience, but LESS available to the leg guy. Life = ultimate absurd circus.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

I met a guy recently who told me that he had OD'd multiple times over the last month. He was taking Fentanyl cut with Xanax. When he felt too low afterward, he'd chase it with some meth. That's just wild but from the look of his appearance, I didn't think he was lying.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

As suspected:FENTANYL & HEROIN

Dangerous (bleep) that fentanyl . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The worst part is it only takes a few specs to make people OD on fent. So weird that they would cut it with coke(unless you're going for the Philip Seymour Hoffman Special). Normally it's with other downers or whatever.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-men-arrested-connection-overdose-death-michael-k-williams-rcna14637

Quote:
4 men arrested in connection to overdose death of actor Michael K. Williams
Members of a drug organization sold heroin to "The Wire" star in September, “which was laced with fentanyl and a fentanyl analogue," a federal complaint said.

Four men were charged with a narcotics conspiracy connected to the overdose death of "The Wire" actor Michael K. Williams, the Department of Justice announced Wednesday.

Irvin Cartagena, Carlos Macci, Luis Cruz and Hector Robles are accused of operating a drug trafficking organization, from which Williams purchased laced drugs, according to documents filed by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York and unsealed on Tuesday.

Members of the drug organization sold heroin to Williams in September, "which was laced with fentanyl and a fentanyl analogue. Williams died as a result of using that fentanyl-laced heroin," the complaint said.

Williams, 54, was found dead at his apartment in Brooklyn, New York, in September. The New York City medical examiner’s office later confirmed his cause of death to be an accidental overdose that included the synthetic opioids fentanyl and p-fluorofentanyl.

Authorities found surveillance footage of the alleged sale on Sept. 5, 2021, with Williams wearing the same clothes he was found in the next day. Confidential informants were used to help New York Police Department detectives identify those involved in the sale, according to the complaints.

Undercover NYPD officers then made an estimated 14 sales from the suspected drug trafficking organization, which were recorded on video, the complaint said.

Cruz, Macci and Robles were arrested in New York City and each charged with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute fentanyl. They were expected to appear in federal court for an initial appearance Wednesday.

They face a mandatory minimum of 5 years in prison but could be sentenced to a maximum of 40 years.

The charge comes with a mandatory minimum 20 years in prison but a maximum life sentence.

Attorney information was not immediately available for any of the four men accused.

Williams was perhaps most known for his role as Omar Little on “The Wire,” which ran for five seasons on HBO. He also received praise for his work as Albert “Chalky” White in “Boardwalk Empire” and would go on to earn an Emmy nomination for his performance as Montrose Freeman in “Lovecraft County," both series also from HBO.

He also had roles in movies such as “Bringing Out the Dead,” “The Road,” “Gone Baby Gone,” “Life During Wartime,” “I Think I Love My Wife” and “Wonderful World.”
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

What in the bleep is this saying...if I read it right it makes no sense
Even after the death they watched them make 14 fentanyl laced sales? -per BF's post before mine

2nd paragraph
https://www.npr.org/2022/02/02/1077703534/4-men-arrested-overdose-the-wire-actor-michael-k-williams
Quote:

According to a federal complaint, the 39-year-old suspect had sold drugs to undercover informants for months prior to Williams' death

How do you make more than one sale to an informant?
Stop the war on drugs and the prisons shrink and streets heal and cop budgets shrink ...sometimes America really seems like a nightmare
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: