Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Rick Astley is a liar, this song def made us cry.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

This episode was Roy Kent at his absolute peak. Finding the apple that "tastes like dead people" along with that huge grin, the "avenge me, Keely" line, the 21 grams "weighed, murdered, weighed again", "cheer up Keely, it's a funeral." And then he caps it all off with a moment of sincerity at the end.

Everyone was great in the episode but Roy Kent was here, there, every ****** where.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

The last episode Raising Kanan gave rise to why and how Juke Box became a cop. Kanan killed his father without knowing who he was. He won't need a bone marrow transplant now.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The last episode Raising Kanan gave rise to why and how Juke Box became a cop. Kanan killed his father without knowing who he was. He won't need a bone marrow transplant now.

holy crap....I had not even tied Juke Box to the character in Power. Thanks for pointing out.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Noticed something interesting on this weeks episode of The Morning Show. In the scene about half way through when Reese Witherspoon is meeting with her agent about returning to the show, she is wearing a West Virginia University zip up hoodie. That is actually Reese's personal clothing as she was wearing the same exact zip up hoodie in a tweet sent out a few years ago wishing her a happy birthday by Jennifer Garner.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExHzue8WQAIYPpJ.jpg

Is that common for actors to just wear their personal clothing on television shows?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Noticed something interesting on this weeks episode of The Morning Show. In the scene about half way through when Reese Witherspoon is meeting with her agent about returning to the show, she is wearing a West Virginia University zip up hoodie. That is actually Reese's personal clothing as she was wearing the same exact zip up hoodie in a tweet sent out a few years ago wishing her a happy birthday by Jennifer Garner.

Is that common for actors to just wear their personal clothing on television shows?

I get all series on my IPTV. The Morning Show dropped today. When did yours drop?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Squid Game on Netflix is good!

These Korean suspense shows on Netflix are killing it: Kingdom, Alice in Borderland, and Sweet Home - recommend these too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

These Korean suspense shows on Netflix are killing it: Kingdom, Alice in Borderland, and Sweet Home - recommend these too.

K-drama K-pop K-food K-Lakers! 🌎 domination.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
This episode was Roy Kent at his absolute peak. Finding the apple that "tastes like dead people" along with that huge grin, the "avenge me, Keely" line, the 21 grams "weighed, murdered, weighed again", "cheer up Keely, it's a funeral." And then he caps it all off with a moment of sincerity at the end.

Everyone was great in the episode but Roy Kent was here, there, every ****** where.

Another great episode for sure. And BTW, the only appropriate way to mention Roy is by his proper name, Roy F*ink Kent.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

No. But it's not unheard of. It's usually a special circumstance kind of thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the new Wonder Years.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I get all series on my IPTV. The Morning Show dropped today. When did yours drop?

I think Friday morning....or Thursday after midnight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I hope IPTV stays around. I cut my cable bill almost in half, went from $189.00 to $98.00. If I took the time to format my IPTV I could make it less. I get everthing I had and more.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I hope IPTV stays around. I cut my cable bill almost in half, went from $189.00 to $98.00. If I took the time to format my IPTV I could make it less. I get everthing I had and more. All PPV. NFL Sunday Ticket, all kinds of stuff. Watched Anthony Johsua get his ass kicked Saturdy.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I hope IPTV stays around. I cut my cable bill almost in half, went from $189.00 to $98.00. If I took the time to format my IPTV I could make it less. I get everthing I had and more. All PPV. NFL Sunday Ticket, all kinds of stuff. Watched Anthony Johsua get his ass kicked Saturdy.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

I don't feel like going back through pages of this thread to check on if anyone has already declared the new show La Brea D.O.A. I mean it just looks like one of those shows trying to recreate that chemistry of Lost that will collapse after about 6 episodes. Like they have a hat with TV tropes written down on little slips of paper and they start pulling them out to create a show. Broken family...check. Natural disaster...check. Dinosaurs... check.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

Not sure if anyone still watches Billions....it has mostly became Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd where it is the same story every season. Still, Wags long revenge play revealed this episode of was legendary....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Not sure if anyone still watches Billions....it has mostly became Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd where it is the same story every season. Still, Wags long revenge play revealed this episode of was legendary....

been waiting for billions and succession, I'll check it out tonight
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
I don't feel like going back through pages of this thread to check on if anyone has already declared the new show La Brea D.O.A. I mean it just looks like one of those shows trying to recreate that chemistry of Lost that will collapse after about 6 episodes. Like they have a hat with TV tropes written down on little slips of paper and they start pulling them out to create a show. Broken family...check. Natural disaster...check. Dinosaurs... check.

That's the way I felt about "Manifest." They're trying so hard to be dark and mysterious and totally blow your mind with each episode. I couldn't take the melodrama. Almost felt Shonda Rhimes like in that every scene had to reveal something monumental and it gets tiring.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

So good! I quit on Sweet Home but may go back to it when I finish Squid Game.

Still waiting to hear if there's going to be a third season of Kingdom but I'm hopeful after they released "Ashin of the North" this year. It was really good.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

That's the way I felt about "Manifest." They're trying so hard to be dark and mysterious and totally blow your mind with each episode. I couldn't take the melodrama. Almost felt Shonda Rhimes like in that every scene had to reveal something monumental and it gets tiring.

Couldn't get into Manifest either.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

Midnight mass on Netflix, strange false prophet/vampire thing but only 7 episodes, easy to watch
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

IMDB page for half the cast of Y: The Last Man

Guy McManerson
(1 Episode, 2021)
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Couldn't get into Manifest either.

I tried but lost interest in Manifest pretty quickly. Maybe I'll skip ahead to after Netflix adopted the series to see if the writing and acting improve.

I haven't watched La Brea yet but I expect it will be like any other sci-fi dramas from one of the big four: If I end up liking it, it will get cancelled.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Only Murders in the Building is complex. The original murder is shown as solved. Where does it go from here?

Raising Kanan. Det Howard is going to survive. He knows Kanan shot him.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 68 of 110
Jump to: