1) AD is stronger
2) Lakers wanted to get three things - primary playmaking (take load off Bron), shooters, and 2 rim protection/rebound Centers.
3) Lebron is lighter (slimmed/leaner).
4) Melo is a great catch and shoot guy, and having that next to Bron/AD/Westbrook is a huge strength, Melo is locked in and not worried about pressure. Is strong in the post as a scorer, still.
5) Rob was with Phil Jackson over the summer.
6) Lakers wanted to keep both Caruso and THT, offered both FA deals.
7) THT has to pride himself and build his game around his defense. Slows his game down on offense, growing on his reads.
8) Will customize the programs individually for players at camp (not just one program for all).
Which team made the best overall moves this offseason?
1. Miami Heat – 47%
2. Los Angeles Lakers – 17%
3. Brooklyn Nets – 7%
Houston Rockets – 7%
Washington Wizards – 7%
> Also receiving votes: Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers
> Last year: L.A. Lakers – 37%
Which one player acquisition will make the biggest impact?
1. Kyle Lowry, Miami – 77%
2. Russell Westbrook, L.A. Lakers – 17%
> Also receiving votes: Spencer Dinwiddie, Washington; Jonas Valanciunas, New Orleans
> Last year: Chris Paul – 44%
What was the most underrated player acquisition?
1. Larry Nance Jr., Portland – 28%
2. Patty Mills, Brooklyn – 17%
3. Spencer Dinwiddie, Washington – 14%
4. Lonzo Ball, Chicago – 10%
5. Kemba Walker, New York – 7%
> Also receiving votes: Alex Caruso, Chicago; DeMar DeRozan, Chicago; Andre Drummond, Philadelphia; Devonte’ Graham, New Orleans; Jeff Green, Denver; Dennis Schroder, Boston; Jonas Valanciunas, New Orleans
> Last year: Serge Ibaka – 15%
Which team will be most improved in 2021-22?
1. Chicago Bulls – 27%
2. Golden State Warriors – 13%
Los Angeles Lakers – 13%
3. Charlotte Hornets – 10%
4. New Orleans Pelicans – 7%
Toronto Raptors – 7%
> Also receiving votes: Dallas Mavericks, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies, Miami Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves, Sacramento Kings, Washington Wizards
> Last year: N/A
What was the most surprising move of the offseason?
1. Russell Westbrook to the Lakers – 50%
2. DeMar DeRozan to Chicago – 22%
3. Lonzo Ball to Chicago – 5%
> Also receiving votes: Danny Ainge stepping down in Boston; Zach Collins to San Antonio; Devonte’ Graham to New Orleans; Mason Plumlee to Charlotte; Ben Simmons not reporting to training camp; P.J. Tucker to Miami; Kemba Walker buyout
> Last year: Gordon Hayward to Charlotte – 54%
Which team is the most fun to watch?
1. Brooklyn Nets – 30%
2. Golden State Warriors – 17%
3. Atlanta Hawks – 10%
Charlotte Hornets – 10%
5. Dallas Mavericks – 7%
Denver Nuggets – 7%
Los Angeles Lakers – 7%
Phoenix Suns – 7%
> Also receiving votes: Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz
> Last year: N/A
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum