OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7014, 7015, 7016 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Is there a way we trade for Simmons? Rich Paul is his agent after all.

Sure, simply trade away every Laker player except Lebron, AD and Westbrook to match Simmons' $33 million salary and you're good to go.

His salary and recent playoff performance makes it very hard to find a trade partner.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Finding a trade partner is not much of an issue. The all-star is young, locked up for four years, and has a ton of non-shooting talent on offense AND defense. The 76ers probably have offers from at least a third of the league.

The problem for them however is that no one wants Simmons for the price Philly is asking. They should've gone for the Brogdon and Indian's #13 pick before the draft (to be traded for a good vet) and they would've avoided all of this off-season nonsense.

Teams feel they can hold out until Philly gets more desperate, so we'll see what ends up happening.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Is there a way we trade for Simmons? Rich Paul is his agent after all.

Sure, simply trade away every Laker player except Lebron, AD and Westbrook to match Simmons' $33 million salary and you're good to go.

His salary and recent playoff performance makes it very hard to find a trade partner.

Kyrie aunt reported that Kyrie is not vaccinated and it’s not for religious reasons and he will not get vaccinated no matter what new York wants. They have the same rules as San Francisco in Brooklyn. Simmons could actually end up in Brooklyn if they are going to not have Kyrie available for 41 homes games and any playoff games.

Wiggins if he chooses not to, which is his choice not to get the shot also is an option for him. And no I’m not in the take their salary thing because the Cha is clear you can’t fine or suspend them when it’s not mandated, so it’s their right. It’s also their teams right to trade them.

I don’t get how a home team player is banned and a visiting team player is allowed to play though after testing negative. It’s stupid. And honestly it makes you wonder if Kyrie and Wiggins decided to live outside San Francisco and Brooklyn like say in LA or Phili (jj did it) and commute, could they even enforce it as they aren’t residents of those counties anymore
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
27.8 minutes vs Denver
32.4 minutes va Portland

Compare that to 35 mpg in the regular season. You're right about the Houston series, of course, but this wasn't just a function of a single playoff series. Also, you skipped the Miami series, when McGee did not play at all and Howard played a total of 71 minutes.

I addressed that, that when teams went small, the Lakers countered with AD at the 5. However when teams played legit 5s, we went with AD at the 4, and he rotated to 5.

Did not suggest that the same minutes be there for AD at the 5 as in the RS. I am suggesting that 19-20 shows that the Lakers can have other 5s (such as McGee/Howard) and then come playoffs use those 5s in some series, and not so much others. So for example if we play Utah, we likely would want a tag team of DAJ/Howard on Gobert for 25-30 minutes, and then the rest go to AD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Per Coon’s faq:

Quote:
The CBA does not give a complete list of reasons for which a player can be fined or suspended, although some are specified:

Intentional failure or refusal to render the services required under the player's contract or the CBA: Suspension (length unspecified).

The league or the dubs could “suspend” Wiggins fur their home games & “fine” him aka dock his pay which then goes to charity like COVID vaccination research

Wiggins base pay this year is 31.6m and any suspensions rendered greater than 20 games incites a 1/110 rate in dock of pay from his base salary per games missed. He would be missing 41 games and with a hit of 290k per game, he would get docked about 11.8m net in pay from his base salary. FYI, this crude calculation does not include preseason Warrior/SF home games or the postseason schedule that would include Warrior home games. So baseline in loss of pay due to “suspension” of Warrior home games would be roughly 12m.

I doubt that this would apply. The NBA cannot require vaccinations without the consent of the union. Wiggins will make himself available to play. The City of San Francisco will say that he cannot enter the arena unless he gets vaccinated. Under these circumstances, I doubt that the league could suspend him. This would be a backdoor vaccination requirement without the consent of the union.

I think the better analogy is a player who suffers from a non-basketball medical condition. What happens if a player cannot play due to cancer or some other condition that is not a basketball injury? Even this in an imperfect analogy, though.

As I said, I'm not going to parse the CBA trying to figure out the answer. I expect that someone in the media will figure it out for us.

Every article i've seen about this is reporting he's losing money if he doesn't play. I can't find anything re: whether this is litigable for NBPA.

And "available to play" mean he's on the bench in a uniform. He's not making himself "available to play" if he's not even in the building.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Per Coon’s faq:

Quote:
The CBA does not give a complete list of reasons for which a player can be fined or suspended, although some are specified:

Intentional failure or refusal to render the services required under the player's contract or the CBA: Suspension (length unspecified).

The league or the dubs could “suspend” Wiggins fur their home games & “fine” him aka dock his pay which then goes to charity like COVID vaccination research

Wiggins base pay this year is 31.6m and any suspensions rendered greater than 20 games incites a 1/110 rate in dock of pay from his base salary per games missed. He would be missing 41 games and with a hit of 290k per game, he would get docked about 11.8m net in pay from his base salary. FYI, this crude calculation does not include preseason Warrior/SF home games or the postseason schedule that would include Warrior home games. So baseline in loss of pay due to “suspension” of Warrior home games would be roughly 12m.

I doubt that this would apply. The NBA cannot require vaccinations without the consent of the union. Wiggins will make himself available to play. The City of San Francisco will say that he cannot enter the arena unless he gets vaccinated. Under these circumstances, I doubt that the league could suspend him. This would be a backdoor vaccination requirement without the consent of the union.

I think the better analogy is a player who suffers from a non-basketball medical condition. What happens if a player cannot play due to cancer or some other condition that is not a basketball injury? Even this in an imperfect analogy, though.

As I said, I'm not going to parse the CBA trying to figure out the answer. I expect that someone in the media will figure it out for us.

Every article i've seen about this is reporting he's losing money if he doesn't play. I can't find anything re: whether this is litigable for NBPA.

And "available to play" mean he's on the bench in a uniform. He's not making himself "available to play" if he's not even in the building.

He’s losing money is what it sounds like to me. The NBA didn’t mandate the vaccine but each team can have their own rules outside of the CBA which can lead to fines. If he’s not available to play and he’s not injured or dealing with some mental issues it sounds like grounds to keep a game check. But the other side is do the team want to piss a player off for taking their money? But if he can’t play half the games the team chemistry could be hurt. I think there’s two things that will happen. Wiggins gets vaccinated or he gets traded. CJ for Wiggins?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I haven't seen an informed article on this yet. I've seen a couple bloggers talking out of their posteriors, but I give that zero weight. I will say that, from a legal perspective, the outcome is not as obvious as a lot of people seem to want it to be. I don't think that the CBA provides a clear answer, because no one anticipated this scenario. I am not going to invest the time to go through the CBA and the standard player agreement to figure it out. At some point, if Wiggins adheres to his refusal, someone will give us an informed article on the subject.

However, I can say that this is 100% litigable for the NBPA. If Wiggins takes it that far, the ultimate decision will be made by a grievance arbitrator. I am NOT saying that Wiggins and the NBPA would win. I'm just saying that the question is more complicated than just "he can't come to the arena so he doesn't get paid."
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
27.8 minutes vs Denver
32.4 minutes va Portland

Compare that to 35 mpg in the regular season. You're right about the Houston series, of course, but this wasn't just a function of a single playoff series. Also, you skipped the Miami series, when McGee did not play at all and Howard played a total of 71 minutes.

I addressed that, that when teams went small, the Lakers countered with AD at the 5. However when teams played legit 5s, we went with AD at the 4, and he rotated to 5.

Did not suggest that the same minutes be there for AD at the 5 as in the RS. I am suggesting that 19-20 shows that the Lakers can have other 5s (such as McGee/Howard) and then come playoffs use those 5s in some series, and not so much others. So for example if we play Utah, we likely would want a tag team of DAJ/Howard on Gobert for 25-30 minutes, and then the rest go to AD.

Why wouldn't you just start AD at center and remove the only thing gobert is good for which is rim protection from the equation?

By playing AD at the 4 and a real 5 you are limiting the damage LeBron and Westbrook can do. You are also handicapping our shooters to work without space.

I say start our best team, get a lead early on and rest our stars the rest of the way. Instead of letting teams hang around and then hoping AD at the 5 can work at the end of games.

if you plant a dwight or deandre in the paint most of those plays are not possible
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
27.8 minutes vs Denver
32.4 minutes va Portland

Why wouldn't you just start AD at center and remove the only thing gobert is good for which is rim protection from the equation?

By playing AD at the 4 and a real 5 you are limiting the damage LeBron and Westbrook can do. You are also handicapping our shooters to work without space.

I say start our best team, get a lead early on and rest our stars the rest of the way. Instead of letting teams hang around and then hoping AD at the 5 can work at the end of games.

if you plant a dwight or deandre in the paint most of those plays are not possible

It's against 5's like Gobert that you start AD at the 5 on situational basis. AD is absolutely not going to start at the 5 for 82 games, and bang, and bang, and bang. That's not him.

You start AD against the Goberts and even Jokic's. Thankfully there's not a lot of brutes in the league right now.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Finding a trade partner is not much of an issue. The all-star is young, locked up for four years, and has a ton of non-shooting talent on offense AND defense. The 76ers probably have offers from at least a third of the league.

The problem for them however is that no one wants Simmons for the price Philly is asking. They should've gone for the Brogdon and Indian's #13 pick before the draft (to be traded for a good vet) and they would've avoided all of this off-season nonsense.

Teams feel they can hold out until Philly gets more desperate, so we'll see what ends up happening.

From what we've heard, the Sixers haven't gotten any serious offers, if we value Simmons as highly as some of you do. Malcolm Brogdon and a mid-first round pick? If that's the best offer the Sixers got, I can't blame them for waiting.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers are planning to sign two-way guard Austin Reaves to a new two-year contract, sources tell
@TheAthletic@Stadium. Reaves converted to a standard NBA contract, becomes Lakers‘ 14th roster spot.

Quote:
Second year on Austin Reaves’ deal will be a team option, sources said. Lakers have had success developing unheralded players such as Talen Horton-Tucker and Alex Caruso and view Reaves -- a 6-foot-5 guard -- in a similar mold.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1442250028869984256
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Convert Austin Reeves' Two-Way Contract To A 2 Year Deal

The Los Angeles Lakers are planning to sign two-way guard Austin Reaves to a new two-year contract, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Reaves converted to a standard NBA contract, becomes Lakers‘ 14th roster spot.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1442249747893571584

Quote:
Second year on Austin Reaves’ deal will be a team option, sources said. Lakers have had success developing unheralded players such as Talen Horton-Tucker and Alex Caruso and view Reaves -- a 6-foot-5 guard -- in a similar mold.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1442250028869984256

There's our 14th man. Now give the two-way deal to Travelin Queen.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Ok Reaves, study Chris Mullin
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Guess James Ennis bombed his Lakers workout.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

He’s not that good anyways!
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers save $3m by signing Reaves instead of a vet min player.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Ok Reaves, study Chris Mullin

no big deal, he just does not fill a possible need...ehhh
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Well, that was even more anti-climatic than expected.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Does this mean we got 1 two-way avail spot?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Closes out a lot of options on other marginal players who wouldn't have made a difference. Hoping the best for Reaves, and that he actually finds a bit of playing time.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

There it is.

No other reason to give Austin a 2 year deal over a two way contract
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Ennis can't say he wasn't given a fair chance to impress. I just don't see why Reaves can't develop faster on a 2-way with the G-League than as a full roster player.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

There it is.

No other reason to give Austin a 2 year deal over a two way contract

They did start their lil mini camp so maybe GM Bron saw something in him and they wanted to lock it early like they did with Tucker and Caruso. That and they can now offer one of their invites a two way deal and give out another exhibition 10 deal.

I would say he impressed more often than not. And at one point when Ennis was getting looked at by the Bulls according to the Athletic he wanted more than minimum and guaranteed minutes in early free agency.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Ennis can't say he wasn't given a fair chance to impress. I just don't see why Reaves can't develop faster on a 2-way with the G-League than as a full roster player.

Will there be a full G league season again? I mean our guys got no g league reps last year. Our team can get him reps in full practices and video sessions with vets and because he’s a rookie he can still be sent down. And they can lock in someone else to the other 2 way deal too now

Plus with a mix of Bazemore, Wayne, Ariza he should learning a lot in those practices from solid role players. He has youth in Tucker, Monk, and Dunn to compete with. And you can’t get better perimeter play teachers than Rondo, Westbrook, Lebron, and Carmelo … he should spend every second being a sponge and working out hard even if he only ever gets spot minutes
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

He’s not that good anyways!

James Ennis is a legit solid role player, something doesn’t seem right that the Lakers decided to move on, they could have easily signed Reaves to a non-guaranteed contact while still leaving the roster spot open.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7014, 7015, 7016 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7015 of 8560
Jump to: