Cannabis facilities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Cannabis facilities

LINK

Legalizing marijuana has opened new business opportunities, if only for the wealthy. These facilities will create many jobs, jobs that don't require a rocket science education to do.

My concern is one of safety. This facility will have a private lounge to consume the site's product. What precautions will be taken to assure no one will drive under the influence?

Chris Webber breaks ground on planned $175M cannabis facility in Detroit

LINK
Quote:
The plan? A $50 million compound that will include a dispensary, training and cultivation facilities and a private lounge to consume the site's product, according to the Detroit Free Press. In total, the compound will encompass 180,000 square feet in southwest Detroit.

Quote:
Webber, a Detroit native who starred at the University of Michigan before embarking on a 15-season NBA career, told Yahoo Sports' Vincent Goodwill in March that he envisions the business as an opportunity for Black citizens to benefit from the booming cannabis industry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

He should have a timeout room for anyone who gets too baked.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Marijuana stays in your system for days. I think police agencies will keep an eye on patrons leaving the establishments and may pull some over. The onsite private lounges may pose a problem.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how a private lounge is any different than a private dining room in which alcohol is served, either at a restaurant, bar, or winery. People will get drunk, some will drive home drunk, some will be caught and some will not. It's inevitable the same scenarios will occur here.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

There is a difference, reason, this is brand new. There is no precedence.

If you've ever smoked cannabis you know impairment isn't a huge issue. You'll most likely pass the breathalyzer and walk the line test.

I'm fairly sure in order to draw blood they will need some kind of court order.

My angst may be unwarranted.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Like anything else, designated driver or Uber.

That's a big ass facility/investment.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Weed may stay in your system for days, but usually after an hour or two you're good to drive.

As jodeke said, impairment from weed isn't a huge issue, at least compared to alcohol. In fact, often times when you drive stoned, you'll be more cautious and drive slower and that kind of thing.

Trust me, I would know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

I like DB's suggestion, Uber or DD.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I feel like the best thing about Uber/Lyft, besides making things convenient for people, is that it's cut down on drunk/stoned driving incidents.

At the same time, there's the counter-argument that poor people can't afford Uber/Lyft.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I feel like the best thing about Uber/Lyft, besides making things convenient for people, is that it's cut down on drunk/stoned driving incidents.

At the same time, there's the counter-argument that poor people can't afford Uber/Lyft.

Share Uber/Lyft with some of your smoking friends. I don't know how Uber/Lyft work.

If you can't afford a Mercedes drive a Ford. Or catch a Double Breasted Jessie

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannabis facilities

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Legalizing marijuana has opened new business opportunities, if only for the wealthy. These facilities will create many jobs, jobs that don't require a rocket science education to do.

My concern is one of safety. This facility will have a private lounge to consume the site's product. What precautions will be taken to assure no one will drive under the influence?

Chris Webber breaks ground on planned $175M cannabis facility in Detroit

LINK
Quote:
The plan? A $50 million compound that will include a dispensary, training and cultivation facilities and a private lounge to consume the site's product, according to the Detroit Free Press. In total, the compound will encompass 180,000 square feet in southwest Detroit.

Quote:
Webber, a Detroit native who starred at the University of Michigan before embarking on a 15-season NBA career, told Yahoo Sports' Vincent Goodwill in March that he envisions the business as an opportunity for Black citizens to benefit from the booming cannabis industry.

Sounds like he's building The Carter for weed.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Weed may stay in your system for days, but usually after an hour or two you're good to drive.

As jodeke said, impairment from weed isn't a huge issue, at least compared to alcohol. In fact, often times when you drive stoned, you'll be more cautious and drive slower and that kind of thing.

Trust me, I would know.

If that's the case, then what's the issue? Seems like nothing to worry about from a safety perspective.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I’m always amused by the idea that people are too poor to Uber back from the club but not too poor to spend a bunch of money at the club.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
slavavov wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I’m always amused by the idea that people are too poor to Uber back from the club but not too poor to spend a bunch of money at the club.

True. If you can't afford to Uber. Don't go to the club.

Dispensaries are kind of their own thing. Most people buy there. And go home to smoke. Most people I've seen smoke THERE aren't 1st timers. They're pretty ... experienced (a.k.a. potheads). And unlike booze it doesn't give you a false sense of confidence. Which is a key element that goes into drunk driving.

It's a different drug than alcohol. So it makes sense it would have different problems in terms of how it affects others.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

this thread is certified as compliant with mandatory minimum threshold for Chris Webber timeout jokes

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Trust me, I would know.

If that's the case, then what's the issue? Seems like nothing to worry about from a safety perspective.

At a certain point, you'll be too stoned to drive safely if you smoke enough weed. Of course, that threshold is different for everyone.

But in general, driving stoned is not nearly as dangerous as driving drunk. But most of us still wouldn't recommend it (in general).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: