Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
I don't feel like going back through pages of this thread to check on if anyone has already declared the new show La Brea D.O.A. I mean it just looks like one of those shows trying to recreate that chemistry of Lost that will collapse after about 6 episodes. Like they have a hat with TV tropes written down on little slips of paper and they start pulling them out to create a show. Broken family...check. Natural disaster...check. Dinosaurs... check.

That's the way I felt about "Manifest." They're trying so hard to be dark and mysterious and totally blow your mind with each episode. I couldn't take the melodrama. Almost felt Shonda Rhimes like in that every scene had to reveal something monumental and it gets tiring.

Couldn't get into Manifest either.

I tried but lost interest in Manifest pretty quickly. Maybe I'll skip ahead to after Netflix adopted the series to see if the writing and acting improve.

I haven't watched La Brea yet but I expect it will be like any other sci-fi dramas from one of the big four: If I end up liking it, it will get cancelled.

I tried pretty hard to get interested in Manifest....and just never really could.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Only Murders in the Building is complex. The original murder is shown as solved. Where does it go from here?

Raising Kanan. Det Howard is going to survive. He knows Kanan shot him.

How did you feel about not hearing anyone speak this episode of Only Murders in the Building?

Also, I think we can all agree that Kanan has the worst mom ever....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

This years American Crime Story, Impeachment, kind of stinks so far.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Only Murders in the Building is complex. The original murder is shown as solved. Where does it go from here?

Raising Kanan. Det Howard is going to survive. He knows Kanan shot him.

How did you feel about not hearing anyone speak this episode of Only Murders in the Building?

Also, I think we can all agree that Kanan has the worst mom ever....

They may be as befuddled as I am.

I wish Mary J. Blige had gotten that part. If she had I guess it would have conflicted with Power.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Squid Game on Netflix is good!

These Korean suspense shows on Netflix are killing it: Kingdom, Alice in Borderland, and Sweet Home - recommend these too.

So good! I quit on Sweet Home but may go back to it when I finish Squid Game.

Still waiting to hear if there's going to be a third season of Kingdom but I'm hopeful after they released "Ashin of the North" this year. It was really good.

Saw this headline: SQUID GAME is going to be Netflix’s Biggest Show

Crazy!

I quit on Sweet Home too, but started up again after more people kept recommending it. If you can just get pass the bad monster CG, it’s actually not a bad 80’s “zombie” show. Kingdom is still the best.
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Watched E1 La Brea. I want to see where it's going. How they connect the two worlds. When will E2 Day 2, and E3 The Hunt air?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Loving premise on Hulu
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Rebecca is in a quandary concerning Sam. After Ted comes up with a slew of one-liners he almost always has a solution that makes sence.

Nate is a weak link.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

New season of Goliath is pretty good. The whole show is just quirky enough to make it better than other shows in the genre. Also, Tanya Raymonde just keeps getting more and more beautiful.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject:

I just binged Squid Game over two days. I had to see what the hype was all about. This is something I would not normally watch because it's Korean with subtitles. I find it hard to watch a show with subtitles. Luckily they had a feature where the words were dubbed in English and that worked just fine for me. I would say it met the hype. Very entertaining.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I just binged Squid Game over two days. I had to see what the hype was all about. This is something I would not normally watch because it's Korean with subtitles. I find it hard to watch a show with subtitles. Luckily they had a feature where the words were dubbed in English and that worked just fine for me. I would say it met the hype. Very entertaining.

If you like Squid Game then also try Alice in Borderland, it’s foreign but also has English audio dubbed version. It came out a year before SG.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

It's English speaking on Netflix. I just started watching.

I've watched E1, E2. Interesting. About debts and games. Their going back made me come back. It's in English.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

I've watched E1, E2. Interesting. About debts and games. Their going back made me come back. It's in English.

Yeah, they have voice actors saying the words in English. It's not the actual actors saying the words. Or you can watch it in Korean with English subtitles.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

Yeah, they have voice actors saying the words in English. It's not the actual actors saying the words. Or you can watch it in Korean with English subtitles.

It looks like it's the actors talking on Netflx. The lips and words sync. There are no subtitles.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

It looks like it's the actors talking on Netflx. The lips and words sync. There are no subtitles.

Yeah, it's not bad but it's not the actors speaking. There is a setting for English subtitles if you want to watch the actors speak in Korean.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

I'll stay with it in English no subtitles.

Yeah, it's not bad but it's not the actors speaking. There is a setting for English subtitles if you want to watch the actors speak in Korean.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I hate subtitles. I get that you lose something in the dubbing translation, but a huge amount of the experience for me is visual, and if I’m reading I’m not watching expressions or other important visual stuff.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I hate subtitles. I get that you lose something in the dubbing translation, but a huge amount of the experience for me is visual, and if I’m reading I’m not watching expressions or other important visual stuff.

Mismo.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I watched it dubbed. I normally do go with the dub. Maybe it’s because I have watched cartoons, anime, and Kung fu flix through the years. But it doesn’t bother me at all if the mouths don’t match the words.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

I’m all in on Foundation. First 20ish minutes of the first episode were a bit of a slog. But it was setting up the world. So that makes sense. Since then though. The past 3 and 1/2 episodes. I’m hooked.

I’ve fallen off the See and Morning Show train.

But Jon Stewart’s new show had a great first episode.

Leaving Apple and talking about FX. This season’s Archer is the best in a long time. And of course. What We Do in the Shadows is still the funniest show on TV (IMO).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I’m all in on Foundation. First 20ish minutes of the first episode were a bit of a slog. But it was setting up the world. So that makes sense. Since then though. The past 3 and 1/2 episodes. I’m hooked.

Leaving Apple and talking about FX. This season’s Archer is the best in a long time. And of course. What We Do in the Shadows is still the funniest show on TV (IMO).

I'm not so into SEE, hooked on The Morning Show.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm not so into SEE, hooked on The Morning Show.

Morning show is so good.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Just finished Squid Game. Will there be a season II? Is Seong Gi-Hun going back to take down or play the games again? I think he's going after the sponsors of the game.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just finished Squid Game. Will there be a season II? Is Seong Gi-Hun going back to take down or join in the games?

I hope so but there has been no decision yet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Just finished Squid Game. Will there be a season II? Is Seong Gi-Hun going back to take down or join in the games?

I hope so but there has been no decision yet.

I think it's coming back.

Is Squid Game the most watched show on Netflix?

Quote:

“Squid Game.” The Korean show is on pace to be the biggest hit in the history of Netflix. It is the most popular show in more than 90 countries, unprecedented for a Korean show (and really any TV show). ... It has spent more than $1 billion on Korean programs alone. 2 days ago

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 69 of 110
Jump to: