Facebook site down day after whistle blower report . . .
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Facebook site down day after whistle blower report . . .

Coincidence?

I think not. And stock plummeting as well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

In the words of Spongebob

"It's the Best Day Ever"

FWIW... the SuperStonk and WSB guys are blowing the lid off Brokerage houses selling/shorting shares they can never own

Debt Repo numbers are highest in history right now too
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Might make a thread for this one too

Is there is a chance the worlds elite wealthy have tried to hack the net today?

Pandora papers: biggest ever leak of offshore data exposes financial secrets of rich and powerful[/b]
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/03/pandora-papers-biggest-ever-leak-of-offshore-data-exposes-financial-secrets-of-rich-and-powerful?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
Quote:
Branded the Pandora papers, the cache includes 11.9m files from companies hired by wealthy clients to create offshore structures and trusts in tax havens such as Panama, Dubai, Monaco, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

They expose the secret offshore affairs of 35 world leaders, including current and former presidents, prime ministers and heads of state. They also shine a light on the secret finances of more than 300 other public officials such as government ministers, judges, mayors and military generals in more than 90 countries.

The files include disclosures about major donors to the Conservative party, raising difficult questions for Boris Johnson as his party meets for its annual conference.

More than 100 billionaires feature in the leaked data, as well as celebrities, rock stars and business leaders. Many use shell companies to hold luxury items such as property and yachts, as well as incognito bank accounts. There is even art ranging from looted Cambodian antiquities to paintings by Picasso and murals by Banksy.

Quote:
*Walter Bloomberg
@DeItaone
BIDEN SAYS IN THE DAYS AHEAD PEOPLE MAY SEE THEIR RETIREMENT ACCOUNT VALUES SINK AND INTEREST RATES GO UP
9:53 AM · Oct 4, 2021
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1445054387160862721

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/q15xan/titanic_20_bank_of_america/
https://franknez.com/bank-of-america-has-been-illegally-shorting-amc-stock/

and
Yellen: “America Could Default For The First Time In History”
September 28, 2021

https://franknez.com/yellen-america-could-default-for-the-first-time-in-history/
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Darn! What a fcking shame.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

^¡Qué lástima!'
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

There's no hack or tech glitch. This is all FB. Guaranteed.

The outrage algorithm started pointing at them and they shut things down. They'll get all hands on deck for PR and start working that trying to soothe things. The shut down will ride out some of the initial outrage. They'll come up with some BS story about the outage, but this is straight up damage control.

They don't mind damaging our daughters so they can make more money. MFers. But once it's found out that they have data on all this? The outrage need to be shut down. Can't wait for their BS excuse.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

The outrage algorithm started pointing at them and they shut things down. They'll get all hands on deck for PR and start working that trying to soothe things. The shut down will ride out some of the initial outrage. They'll come up with some BS story about the outage, but this is straight up damage control.

They don't mind damaging our daughters so they can make more money. MFers. But once it's found out that they have data on all this? The outrage need to be shut down. Can't wait for their BS excuse.

I was puzzled that a major company with so many software engineers could experience an outage lasting for, at this point, close to six hours across all its platforms (FB, Instagram, Messenger). As you note, timing is a bit odd to be the day after the 60 Minutes story.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I was puzzled that a major company with so many software engineers could experience an outage lasting for, at this point, close to six hours across all its platforms (FB, Instagram, Messenger). As you note, timing is a bit odd to be the day after the 60 Minutes story.

It's not just the websites being down. Apparently, key cards aren't working. Internal networks are offline. Employees can't access conference rooms. Everything has gone black. DB is 100% right...this is all hands on deck damage control.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Back to myspace. Looks like Tom is going to have more friends.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

What was my Compuserve ID again?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I've been thinking about deactivating anyway. It used to be more important in my life. These days, I check it for a few minutes each day, and move on.

Facebook has had a long and successful run. Nothing lasts forever.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

It's not just the websites being down. Apparently, key cards aren't working. Internal networks are offline. Employees can't access conference rooms. Everything has gone black. DB is 100% right...this is all hands on deck damage control.

Man, I’ve had this thought even before this scandal: Do I really want to use a website which is basically just surveillance of my daily life and also sells my data/browsing history to advertisers?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Live updates: Facebook whistleblower goes public with her allegations of deception

LINK

Quote:
A Facebook whistleblower says the social network puts profits over safety, and has handed thousands of pages of internal company documents to federal law enforcement.

The former Facebook data scientist revealed her identity in a televised interview on Sunday night.

Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp hit by global outage

LINK

Quote:
Oct 4 (Reuters) - Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp went offline for users across the globe, the social media giant said on Monday, as hours later it scrambled to restore the services after being hit by one of its longest outages.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

anti-social media is bad for its users
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Man, I’ve had this thought even before this scandal: Do I really want to use a website which is basically just surveillance of my daily life and also sells my data/browsing history to advertisers?

I remember a decade ago, there was a conversation here on cloud computing and I was insistent that I would never put any sensitive material online. Well here you go. Why would I EVER put myself at the mercy of anyone but myself.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp hit by global outage

LINK

Quote:
Oct 4 (Reuters) - Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp went offline for users across the globe, the social media giant said on Monday, as hours later it scrambled to restore the services after being hit by one of its longest outages.

Yeah, I'm sure they are scrambling.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Good start, now let's nuke twitter, instagram, discord, and tiktok.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Exactly. This was a self-inflicted CYA "outage".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

They all called me an idiot for keeping my myspace login. Now whose laughing! ME! And the 4 other people on there!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

I just talked to my daughter. She's able to post on FaceBook. I have an account but I never use it. I only have it to see what crazy my son and daughter are into.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
They all called me an idiot for keeping my myspace login. Now whose laughing! ME! And the 4 other people on there!

Say hi to Tom for me!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Say hi to Tom for me!

You know him too!? Small world.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I remember a decade ago, there was a conversation here on cloud computing and I was insistent that I would never put any sensitive material online. Well here you go. Why would I EVER put myself at the mercy of anyone but myself.
Putting social media aside, how can you avoid it though? Medical records/health insurance, online banking, utilities, phone backups, vaccination records, apps like whatsapp, etc - how do you manage to do avoid it when organizations like aforementioned seem to require it?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Putting social media aside, how can you avoid it though? Medical records/health insurance, online banking, utilities, phone backups, vaccination records, apps like whatsapp, etc - how do you manage to do avoid it when organizations like aforementioned seem to require it?

Exactly. Your info is already in play even without Facebook - especially if you have a smartphone. You don't have to put it out there. It is already being mined it multiple ways that have nothing to do with social media. That's why if you are ever on social media, you see advertising that has nothing to with anything you may have posted or clicked on there, but is still accurately targeted at you and you data.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
focus wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Exactly. Your info is already in play even without Facebook - especially if you have a smartphone. You don't have to put it out there. It is already being mined it multiple ways that have nothing to do with social media. That's why if you are ever on social media, you see advertising that has nothing to with anything you may have posted or clicked on there, but is still accurately targeted at you and you data.

I see Facebook ads for things that I browsed on AMAZON. I have no idea how the algorithm knows what I looked at on Amazon. I’ve also heard people tell me that Alexa listened to their conversations and then they saw ads for the products they mentioned.

There’s this fin tech company called “Plaid” that some things require you to pay through. It requires you to enter your bank username and password. (Not a scam, it’s a legitimate company.) Supposedly it then mines your information and sells it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: