C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

have you tried ivermectin?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Insomnia is no joke. What time are you exercising? It could depend on what time you are exercising. I am not an expert but too close to bedtime might not be good.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, if you are exercising close to the time you attempt to go to sleep, it could cause you to stay awake longer. I personally belong to a key gym, and have always went very late.....usually around 10:00PM but sometimes later....and I have never had that issue. Still, people do always ask if I do...claiming they are unable to workout late because it will keep them wired for an hour or so after the workout. Not a medical professional, but if you are suddenly having a more difficult time falling asleep, it is likely something related to your diet, stress level, or activity patterns.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Yeah, if you are exercising close to the time you attempt to go to sleep, it could cause you to stay awake longer. I personally belong to a key gym, and have always went very late.....usually around 10:00PM but sometimes later....and I have never had that issue. Still, people do always ask if I do...claiming they are unable to workout late because it will keep them wired for an hour or so after the workout. Not a medical professional, but if you are suddenly having a more difficult time falling asleep, it is likely something related to your diet, stress level, or activity patterns.

Activity patterns, like working out late at night?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Activity patterns, like working out late at night?

yeah....or people that work late hours I know sometimes struggle winding down quickly. Although I can work out late without much impact....I do know when those rare times that I would get stuck at the office until really late in the night, it was difficult to come home and get to bed quickly. I think the difference for me is my brain is not forced to operate at high capacity at the gym while stuck at work on a project or something does keep ones brain functioning at a higher capacity.....and leaves me with that wired feeling that I have to come down from.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

For me, it makes me tired immediately afterward.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

It depends a lot on what kind of exercise and what time of the day. But just being physically tired might not be enough to solve insomnia problems, most exercise also won't make you that tired on that level. Exercise and rhythm sure does help though.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

I started to have problems sleeping when I was under a lot of stress. So what I decided to do was wake up early in the morning to hit the gym. Early enough so I could get at least an hour of workout before going to work.

Not only did this help me sleep at night but also got rid of the stress I was going through. Working out early in the morning made me very energetic though out the day and also kept me in a good mood.
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

fitness helped a little bit
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

Your posture improves, your joints become more mobile, and your body becomes lighter. Instead of pumping the back, abs and legs separately, you can train the whole body at once https://enrgifitness.com/what-to-do-at-the-fitness-club/. This technique circulates energy in the body and causes it to build up. FLEX is an ideal complement to your everyday workout and is usually part of your general aerobics routine.

Last edited by Peppe89 on Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

Awesome thread. I have been suffering with insomnia for the last 4 months. Not to Machinist level but pretty bad. I have always gone through bouts of it but this has been worst.

Had some Pharms prescribed but they only killed me in morning and I still woke up throughout night.

I started taking a supplement from Thorne melonin 3 that for last week has changed everything. I didn’t take it Saturday to see where I was and I stil had insomnia.

It’s worth a try if you don’t want prescription route.

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/melaton-3-trade

Last edited by Halflife on Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Need a mental fitness routine in addition to physical fitness. Whatever works for you, but need to find a way to relax the mind and relieve it of the stresses it may contain.

Could be anything from meditation to reading (preferably not on a digital device) to writing to working out (things that help relax the muscles and mind together such as yoga) that will help relieve bouts of insomnia.

It's hard to maintain but well worth it. I cannot maintain it, but when I do, my sleep is vastly better and my bouts of insomnia go away for a few weeks at a time.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Awesome thread. I have been suffering with insomnia for the last 4 months. Not to Machinist level but pretty bad. I have always gone through bouts of it but this has been worst.

Had some Pharms prescribed but they only killed me in morning and I still woke up throughout night.

I started taking a supplement from Thorne melonin 3 that for last week has changed everything. I didn’t take it Saturday to see where I was and I stil had insomnia.

This is just a particular brand of melatonin right? Or is it something different?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Halflife wrote:

This is just a particular brand of melatonin right? Or is it something different?

in theory just another brand, but where others have failed me this hasn't. Plus a couple of others made my head feel a little compressed giving me a bit of a headache.
Ava96
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject:

Vitamin B12 also plays a role in the production of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate our circadian rhythms. It is possible that a deficiency of B12 could lead to disrupted sleep patterns. I ordered vitamins in advance from
Canada Drugs In my case it helped me.

Last edited by Ava96 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

I find doing about 1/2 hour of card games or word games in bed shuts out thoughts enough to let me sleep.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: