Is it possible for exercise to make you less tired to sleep at night?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Is it possible for exercise to make you less tired to sleep at night?

I have been having insomnia issues and I was told I should exercise more, to help sleep. So I started doing that for a while now, but it seems to have made the problem worse, I would say and I feel less tired and sleepy from the exercise. The exercise feels like it's actually increasing adrenaline rather than making me tired. If that's common at all?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

have you tried ivermectin?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Insomnia is no joke. What time are you exercising? It could depend on what time you are exercising. I am not an expert but too close to bedtime might not be good.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, if you are exercising close to the time you attempt to go to sleep, it could cause you to stay awake longer. I personally belong to a key gym, and have always went very late.....usually around 10:00PM but sometimes later....and I have never had that issue. Still, people do always ask if I do...claiming they are unable to workout late because it will keep them wired for an hour or so after the workout. Not a medical professional, but if you are suddenly having a more difficult time falling asleep, it is likely something related to your diet, stress level, or activity patterns.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Yeah, if you are exercising close to the time you attempt to go to sleep, it could cause you to stay awake longer. I personally belong to a key gym, and have always went very late.....usually around 10:00PM but sometimes later....and I have never had that issue. Still, people do always ask if I do...claiming they are unable to workout late because it will keep them wired for an hour or so after the workout. Not a medical professional, but if you are suddenly having a more difficult time falling asleep, it is likely something related to your diet, stress level, or activity patterns.

Activity patterns, like working out late at night?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Activity patterns, like working out late at night?

yeah....or people that work late hours I know sometimes struggle winding down quickly. Although I can work out late without much impact....I do know when those rare times that I would get stuck at the office until really late in the night, it was difficult to come home and get to bed quickly. I think the difference for me is my brain is not forced to operate at high capacity at the gym while stuck at work on a project or something does keep ones brain functioning at a higher capacity.....and leaves me with that wired feeling that I have to come down from.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

For me, it makes me tired immediately afterward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

It depends a lot on what kind of exercise and what time of the day. But just being physically tired might not be enough to solve insomnia problems, most exercise also won't make you that tired on that level. Exercise and rhythm sure does help though.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

I started to have problems sleeping when I was under a lot of stress. So what I decided to do was wake up early in the morning to hit the gym. Early enough so I could get at least an hour of workout before going to work.

Not only did this help me sleep at night but also got rid of the stress I was going through. Working out early in the morning made me very energetic though out the day and also kept me in a good mood.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: