Fantasy Football 2021 Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Fantasy Football 2021 Discussion

Figured I'd open a thread to discuss fantasy football for this upcoming season.

I had my first draft yesterday and drew the #5 pick. PPR league

QB- Dak, Hurts
RB- Barkley, Gus Johnson, David Montgomery, Kenyan Drake, Malcolm Brown
WR- Metcalf, Dionte Johnson, Shenault Jr. Devonta Smith,
TE- Gesicki, Engram
Def- Patriots
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Had 2 drafts this weekend.
One I've been in the league for 6 years now... It's a bigger money league amongst friends. The other is a new one with some coworkers and some of my coworkers buddies.

Big Money 10 team league: I had 3rd pick. PPR
QB: Stafford / Winston
RB: D. Henry / Antonio Gibson/Miles Sanders/Mike Davis/Philip Lindsay/Justin Jackson
WR: Keenan Allen/ T. Mclaurin / Aiyuk/ Brandin Cooks/ Tee Higgins/ Trequan Smith
TE: R. Tonyan
Def: pending

TE may be a problem and QB is a question mark. I usually stream defenses week to week.
We'll see how it goes.

Smaller league 12 team PPR 8th pick
QB - Herbert
RB - Chubb / Mike Davis/ Gus Edwards/ AJ Dillon
WR - D. Hopkins / Kupp / Brandin Cooks/ Corey Davis/ Laviska Shenault/Marquez Callway
TE - Logan Thomas
Def - Ravens

We'll see how it goes. I'm due for an epic heartbreak or 2 this season. I'll be sure to come in here to cry and rant on a weekly basis
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
One I've been in the league for 6 years now... It's a bigger money league amongst friends. The other is a new one with some coworkers and some of my coworkers buddies.

RB: D. Henry / Antonio Gibson/Miles Sanders/Mike Davis/Philip Lindsay/Justin Jackson
WR: Keenan Allen/ T. Mclaurin / Aiyuk/ Brandin Cooks/ Tee Higgins/ Trequan Smith

TE may be a problem and QB is a question mark. I usually stream defenses week to week.
We'll see how it goes.

QB - Herbert
WR - D. Hopkins / Kupp / Brandin Cooks/ Corey Davis/ Laviska Shenault/Marquez Callway
TE - Logan Thomas
Def - Ravens

We'll see how it goes. I'm due for an epic heartbreak or 2 this season. I'll be sure to come in here to cry and rant on a weekly basis

I like what you've done in both leagues.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

We'll see how it goes.

QB - Herbert
TE - Logan Thomas
Def - Ravens

I like what you've done in both leagues.

Thanks, dude. Let's see some other teams. We are less than 2 weeks away.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

I've only drafted in one league so far and still have my two biggest ones to come. The one I drafted in has very strange scoring settings: only 1 point per 50 yards passing but 6 point TD passes, so TD's are obviously at a premium. For RB's and WR's it's only 1 point per 20 yards, but it's PPR, so receptions are at a premium there (and TD's, of course, but in general TD's from most WR/RB's are tough to predict, not as easy to predict as for some QB's). Also it's only an 8-teamer, so I decided to make sure I got one of the top-8 QB's and then build my team strong on WR's. After I got D-Hop with my third pick, I decided to get Kyler a little later to get the Arizona stack.
This was my team there, again just an 8-teamer, picking from the #4 spot and taking Kamara...

QB Kyler Murray
RB Kamara, Henderson, Mike Davis, Edwards, Mostert (must start 2, can start 3)
WR Davante, D-Hop, Keenan, Jeudy, Corey Davis, Pittman, Marvin Jones, Callaway (must start 3, can start up to 5)
TE Kittle
K Bass
DEF Denver
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I've only drafted in one league so far and still have my two biggest ones to come. The one I drafted in has very strange scoring settings: only 1 point per 50 yards passing but 6 point TD passes, so TD's are obviously at a premium. For RB's and WR's it's only 1 point per 20 yards, but it's PPR, so receptions are at a premium there (and TD's, of course, but in general TD's from most WR/RB's are tough to predict, not as easy to predict as for some QB's). Also it's only an 8-teamer, so I decided to make sure I got one of the top-8 QB's and then build my team strong on WR's. After I got D-Hop with my third pick, I decided to get Kyler a little later to get the Arizona stack.
This was my team there, again just an 8-teamer, picking from the #4 spot and taking Kamara...

QB Kyler Murray
WR Davante, D-Hop, Keenan, Jeudy, Corey Davis, Pittman, Marvin Jones, Callaway (must start 3, can start up to 5)
TE Kittle
K Bass
DEF Denver

Nice. 8 team leagues are stacked. It's ridiculous.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

QB Kyler Murray
TE Kittle
K Bass
DEF Denver

Jeez, even in an 8 teamer pretty crazy you were able to grab both Kamara and Adams. Kamara's ADP hovers around 3-5, and Adams is usually the first WR off the board around pick 10. Then to top it off with Hopkins, Keenan, and Kittle... this team is stacked even for an 8 team league.

Also, Mike Davis is one of the guys I'm trying to target in drafts -- he seems pretty under the radar for a guy who is going to get a ton of touches in a good offense, like that pickup.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

QB Kyler Murray
TE Kittle
K Bass
DEF Denver

Jeez, even in an 8 teamer pretty crazy you were able to grab both Kamara and Adams. Kamara's ADP hovers around 3-5, and Adams is usually the first WR off the board around pick 10. Then to top it off with Hopkins, Keenan, and Kittle... this team is stacked even for an 8 team league.

Also, Mike Davis is one of the guys I'm trying to target in drafts -- he seems pretty under the radar for a guy who is going to get a ton of touches in a good offense, like that pickup.

Interestingly, Davis has been a big topic of discussion on Fantasy Twitter today. There were some tidbits that a beat writer of theirs speculated that the Falcons don't see him as a 250+ touch back, and they did bring in Wayne Gallman today. If he is only a 1A back and not a volume guy, in a non-Julio offense and on a team that's expected to be bad, he would lose his appeal. The appeal before was that he was basically the unquestioned guy. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach, but in a league where RB's are devalued as it is, I could cut him quickly.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I am only doing one league this year to save time and because I get confused with multiple teams

I had what I believe to be a great draft in my 10 Team Non-PPR Big Money League. I had the 10th pick which was actually good because I also had the 11th pick so I would take that any time.

In this league, we also do Defensive Back, Linebacker and Defensive Lineman Categories:

QB - Patrick Mahomes
RB - Jonathan Taylor
RB - Myles Gaskin
WR - Justin Jefferson
WR - Keenan Allen
TE - Logan Thomas
R/W/T - Melvin Gordon (RB)
K - Mason Crosby
DEF - Tampa Bay
DL - Jason Pierre Paul
LB - Zach Cunningham
DB - Budda Baker

Bench:

WR - Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
WR - Brandon Cooks
RB - Jamees Conner
TE - Matt Gesicki
QB - Jameis Winston
RB - David Johnson
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject:

Just had the biggest draft I do all year, an 8-team auction league that I've been in for about 20 years. It's a superflex league, so you'll start 2 QB's virtually every week unless you have two QB's on a bye, and it's .5 PPR. Ten starters and 7 bench spots. I can't ever remember an auction where I grabbed so many stars early, while not having much money during the meat of the proceedings. However, I thought the values were so good that I was happy with the players that I did win at auction. Hopefully, I filled out the roster with OK depth, but I am always confident in my ability to fish out solid players off waivers during the year. This is what I ended up with:

QB's: Lamar Jackson, Brady, Tua
RB's: McCaffrey, Edmonds, Javonte Williams, AJ Dillon, Tony Jones Jr., Pollard
WR's: Diggs, Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, Marvin Jones, Marquise Brown, Jakobi Meyers
TE: Tonyan
K: Sanders

Lamar still has massive upside, and I'm in on the Tampa offense having a great year. McCaffrey only went for $2 more than what Dalvin Cook went for, so I thought that was good value. The rest of my RB room isn't amazing right now, but you only have to start 2, and hopefully one of those other guys pops. My WR corps look stacked with the top 3. I like Marvin Jones to lead the Jags in receiving, Brown made sense to me since I have Lamar and since Bateman is injured, and I like Meyers as a stable WR3 type, as I think he'll have the Edelman role in that offense. Had to go cheap at TE, but I do like having Rodgers' two top pass-catching options in the end zone. (I tried to get Fant for $1, but someone bid on him.)

May the universe be with me!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Need some week one advice:

At WR I need one of: Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, Jerry Jeudy or Devonta Smith

At RB I need one of: Jonathan Taylor, James Robinson, DeAndre Swift, Darrell Henderson

What do you guys think?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

At RB I need one of: Jonathan Taylor, James Robinson, DeAndre Swift, Darrell Henderson

What do you guys think?

I would go with Taylor at RB, and at WR I would go with Evans tonight.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:

What do you guys think?

James Robinson and I hope u went with Amari Cooper. Naturally I went up against him in my big $$ league and he went off for like 45 points. Guarantee that probably doesnt happen again all year. smh
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Evans didn't look healthy to me last night. Easy to say now, but that WR rotation is going to be interesting all year. What if AB ends up as their best guy? It's not out of the question.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

James Robinson and I hope u went with Amari Cooper. Naturally I went up against him in my big $$ league and he went off for like 45 points. Guarantee that probably doesnt happen again all year. smh

That happened to me too, I have been salty about it today.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Welp...my fantasy team crapped the bed this week.

Derrick Henry, T. McLaurin, Antonio Gibson.... Next to nothing

*sigh
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

After 4 games I'm 4-0 in my small league and 1-3 in the big money league.

In the big money league I've scored the most points total, but also have the most points scored against me. Points scored against is 671 so far. Next highest is 575. That's such BS. My last 2 losses I played against the highest scoring player for the week and BOTH times I was the 2nd highest scorer, just so happened to be playing the wrong person 2 weeks in a row. Smh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I’m still reeling from losing Dobbins, I cut my RB group too closely. I drafted Connor but haven’t played him yet, I am sure he will stop scoring TDs when I do. I’m 2-2 but should be 0-4.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

5 and 0 in my smaller league.

I was up by 75 points in my big money league.
Opponent had Mark Andrews and Jonathan Taylor.
They had the game of their lives. I am now 1 and 4 but I am 2nd in total points scored in the league. This makes me want to cry. Lol
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Edit
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
5 and 0 in my smaller league.

I was up by 75 points in my big money league.
Opponent had Mark Andrews and Jonathan Taylor.
They had the game of their lives. I am now 1 and 4 but I am 2nd in total points scored in the league. This makes me want to cry. Lol

I'm now 1-4 in my biggest league after finally winning this past week. Fourth in total points though, which is actually how we determine our champion (though this league also awards a H2H champion, but they don't get the trophy). I, too, lost in another league where I was up big and the other guy had Andrews left. I'm only 3-2, 2-3, and 1-4 across my 3 leagues this year, but I'm middle of the pack in points or bettter in all 3. H2H is funky.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: