Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

One more win and we have a chance to knock off 2 of the 3 teams Dodger fans hate most: Cardinals and Giants....and chances are we will probably meet that 3rd team in the WS against the Astros.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Best Dodger relievers I have seen:
1. Gagne
2. Treinen
3. Howe
4. Jansen
99. Shaw
100. Niedenfuer
101.Broxton

Todd Worrell was pretty bad. Pretty sure his 9 blown saves cost the team a division title in 1996 which got us a first round matchup against the defending champion Braves. He blew a bunch of saves the next year, was even worse (5.28 era) and that possibly cost the team another division title (Giants won it by 2 games).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Best Dodger relievers I have seen:
1. Gagne
2. Treinen
3. Howe
4. Jansen
99. Shaw
100. Niedenfuer
101.Broxton

Todd Worrell was pretty bad. Pretty sure his 9 blown saves cost the team a division title in 1996 which got us a first round matchup against the defending champion Braves. He blew a bunch of saves the next year, was even worse (5.28 era) and that possibly cost the team another division title (Giants won it by 2 games).

I came here to say Todd Worrell too. You brought up the season so it saved me a search but my man that particular year was HORRIFIC.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject:

good luck boys

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

Despite the lead, I didn't really relax until Smith's homer in the bottom of the 8th. SF has just been both lucky and clutch too damn many times this season.

Webb has pitched well against the Dodgers all season. He's overdue for a bad outing against them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

This is looking like the Brooklyn, New York days of old rivalry. The Brooklyn Dodgers and the New York Giants battled every year for the chance to play in the World Series. Usually against the New York Yankees.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

I think everything will depend on Kenley. Objectively I see a 1 run Dodger lead or if we are lucky 2 going into the bottom of the 9th....and to me its 50-50 whether Kenley locks it up or ends the Dodger season. Hopefully he has learned from his piss poor performance vs the Giants and gets them at the most critical time.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

How about Graterol hitting 103 on the gun several times?

That is bringing it!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

so Uria is starting tomorrow? it should be all hands on deck, i can see Scherzer comes in late innings and close it out like maddison barngarner style. getting a lead first is CRUCIAL.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
so Uria is starting tomorrow? it should be all hands on deck, i can see Scherzer comes in late innings and close it out like maddison barngarner style. getting a lead first is CRUCIAL.

Yep, Urias tomorrow on normal rest, I believe.

Do believe it's all hands on deck and I think Scherzer is available, but I hope we won't have to go to him. Would love nothing more than a 7 inning outing from Julio with run support. Our pen has been fantastic, so would stick with Treinen and, gulp, even Kenley.

Couldn't agree more that jumping out to a lead is big. Would love nothing more than putting up a crooked number in the first and shut that crowd up.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Dodgers win. Victory 106.

109, actually. Same as the Giants so it's only fitting this series is going the distance.

It's just such a shame that this isn't a 7 game series.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject:

Doug Eddings as the umpire i think helps Urias and us more than Webb and the Giants with his generous strike zone. Webb already has a gameplan for us and the confidence and we have to wait for him to make a mistake. Urias on the other hand was somewhat lucky in game 2 with several hard hit outs and can use the extra zone to throw off hitters. If Urias is dealing and its a game of our bullpen vs Kevin Gausman/Doval, Ill take our chances. Having a wide strikezone can also only be beneficial for Jansen who will need all the help he can get in the bottom of the 9th
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Quick random question, Dustin May is expected to return next season after surgery right?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
How about Graterol hitting 103 on the gun several times?

That is bringing it!

Hits 103 and his pitches move over a foot and a half...
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
Quick random question, Dustin May is expected to return next season after surgery right?

Maybe towards the end of the season like Urias did.

Sale had TJS on Mar 2020. He started throwing again June 2021. He was added to the Red Sox active roster on Aug 2021. That's 17 months?

May had TJS on May 2021. So, if he follows Sale's timeline, he should start throwing again Aug 2022 and be added to the active roster Oct 2022 (which would be too late).

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Worried about this day of rest. This team does not look sharp with time off.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Webb's success in G1 was due in no small part to the Dodgers' lack of patience at the plate. They kept swinging at junk and after that Webb starting getting the benefit of the doubt from the umpire.

If they're patient and swing at strikes, they can win. If they chase, they're going to play right into Webb's web.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
Webb's success in G1 was due in no small part to the Dodgers' lack of patience at the plate. They kept swinging at junk and after that Webb starting getting the benefit of the doubt from the umpire.

If they're patient and swing at strikes, they can win. If they chase, they're going to play right into Webb's web.

This! There was one inning in that game where I swear Webb did not throw one strike. It felt like each batter was trying to win the game with one swing. Plate discipline is going to be huge.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

This! There was one inning in that game where I swear Webb did not throw one strike. It felt like each batter was trying to win the game with one swing. Plate discipline is going to be huge.

this is why i was concerning about the HR spree this team was on to finish the season. bad habits are easy to get into but difficult to get rid of.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

Completely agree with this.

No matter how the game is going, the Dodgers need to be patient and grind out the at bats like they did last night. I honestly think the howling wind threw them off in Game 3 and Game 1 was not good plate discipline.

Play our game and honestly I think talent prevails here and we advance.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

How is everyone feeling today?

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

The wild card in my mind in Webb. He has only surrendered 4 earned runs to the Dodgers in 23 2/3rds innings. He pitched very well after the All Star break but hit rough patch that started in September. He had decent stuff during Game 1, but it wasn't as good as that stats indicate. As others have pointed out, it looked like the Dodgers were pressing.

Anything can happen in one game, and of course the biggest factor is whether the pitcher wakes up with his A game. Let's hope that Game 1 was an aberration and that the real Webb is the guy who started stumbling in September.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the league is still checking pitchers for substances. In-game one Webb's spin rate didn't look natural.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

Webb had better off speed stuff than the other Giant starters we saw. It’s one reason why the hitters look so bad against him. Hopefully Lux is in for Pollock again.

If we win the most likely way it happens is Webb allows 2 or 3 runs, Urias at least matches him and the game is won in the late innings.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Looking back at the regular season games and if I have this right it looks like Betts, Seager and Trea Turner didn’t face Webb in the regular season (in any of this 3 starts against the Dodgers). Trea Turner faced him once in a game when he was with Washington.

Muncy faced him several times, and so did Pollock who might not play. McKinstrey was in the lineup a couple of times and didn’t reach base.

My point is the lineups were significantly different in those games.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 259 of 395
Jump to: